Options

I've never felt so out of touch with this forum.

Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've been coming on here for years and generally enjoy the banter with the various fans of different HMs. I tend to support the general forum favourite - Dexter was my fav last year and although there were loads of Gina fans too, it seemed fairly evenly balanced. However, in the last week I've found myself increasingly at odds with the growing number of anti Ashleigh threads - I'm not even a particular fan of hers, but feel the need to defend her, when people post such awful things about her. What also shocks me is the growing number of people who appear to support Helen, who, in my opinion, has no redeeming characteristics. Tonight's reaction to Matthew's exit, is the final straw really. Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of anyone in particular this year. However, I'd want Ashleigh to stay as I find her antics a bit interesting but know she'll get voted out as soon as the chance arises. I think the dislike for her is way too overboard, but eh, that's how things tend to roll re BB.

I can't stand most of them in there and one or two I can't even be bothered to feel anything for.

Ashleigh's the only one in there that I'm able to tolerate - just. She goes, then the little interest I have in the show will probably go with her.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I like Ashleigh, why do people expect her to be an angel now that would be super boring,I like her just the way she is.

And she is beautiful
  • Options
    TJ-67TJ-67 Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On your side Donna.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Donna65 wrote: »
    I've been coming on here for years and generally enjoy the banter with the various fans of different HMs. I tend to support the general forum favourite - Dexter was my fav last year and although there were loads of Gina fans too, it seemed fairly evenly balanced. However, in the last week I've found myself increasingly at odds with the growing number of anti Ashleigh threads - I'm not even a particular fan of hers, but feel the need to defend her, when people post such awful things about her. What also shocks me is the growing number of people who appear to support Helen, who, in my opinion, has no redeeming characteristics. Tonight's reaction to Matthew's exit, is the final straw really. Anyone else feel the same?

I'm a massive Chris fan but I did want Ashleigh to do well. She was the only one to go against Helen and noone has bothered enough to back her up.

I too stuck up for her all week because of the vile comments on here against an 18 years old girl. Shocking really to take the side of the vile bully Helen. I just despair and why I turned off last week.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    . Shocking really to take the side of the vile bully Helen. I just despair and why I turned off last week.

You were a week ahead of us all, at least you will have plenty of company now :)
  • Options
    Helsbels46Helsbels46 Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes...100% :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiron wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of anyone in particular this year. However, I'd want Ashleigh to stay as I find her antics a bit interesting but know she'll get voted out as soon as the chance arises. I think the dislike for her is way too overboard, but eh, that's how things tend to roll re BB.

I can't stand most of them in there and one or two I can't even be bothered to feel anything for.

Ashleigh's the only one in there that I'm able to tolerate - just. She goes, then the little interest I have in the show will probably go with her.

And agree with this too :)
  • Options
    Robbie_CraigRobbie_Craig Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to be if you have a braincell and are not interested in drinking and acting like a idiot then your not BB or it's viewers type just look at the majority of the tasks
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You thought you were on a winner

BB wanted a male out - thats what happened.You were happy when it was Ash
  • Options
    rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a weird series as the unlikeable ones are staying and they are a big group. Unpopular Ash staying is bad for the series, even Emma saying she clueless on BOTS
  • Options
    vpowervpower Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a massive Chris fan but I did want Ashleigh to do well. She was the only one to go against Helen and noone has bothered enough to back her up.

I too stuck up for her all week because of the vile comments on here against an 18 years old girl. Shocking really to take the side of the vile bully Helen. I just despair and why I turned off last week.

Only watched 2 episodes this week. Didn't even watch it tonight. Just read forum to see results. BB has always been a bit contrived but to blatantly throw Matthew under the bus to keep Hellen's (not bothered to correct typo:D) whatever in for the drama, pees me off>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You thought you were on a winner

BB wanted a male out - thats what happened.You were happy when it was Ash

What's that actually got to do with my thread title?
  • Options
    StrawberryLacesStrawberryLaces Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too - not a huge fan of Ashleigh but have defended her this week because I haven't seen anything to warrant the level of hatred aimed at her. We forget how hard it must be to live 24/7 with people you really don't like. It wasn't just Ashleigh who was more relaxed at the party when Helen was absent!
  • Options
    atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Helen has a growing number of fans because what you see is what you get with her. She was nasty in week 1 but since then hasn't really done anything wrong. The 'fight' with Matthew she was totally right but went about it the wrong way, if she had thought about it she could have made Matthew feel so small! He wasn't playing their game so had no business disrupting it, as Helen said, he should have took himself elsewhere if he didn't want to play. That's her only problem, the way she comes across or approaches arguments. Speaking her mind she has a right to do like everyone else. On the other hand Ashleigh is a manipulating bitch who hasn't had a nice thing to say about anyone yet not one of the other housemates have done a damned thing to her personally! She has attacked everyone, people call Helen vile but some of the things Ashleigh has said has been far worse! Look how she manipulated the other girls in to voting how she wanted in this weeks nominations then the next thing we saw was her calling Kimberly a "f*****g bitch"! She's a horrible individual!!!!
  • Options
    lorrieathomelorrieathome Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Tonight's reaction to Matthew's exit, is the final straw really. Anyone else feel the same?

Yes, I feel that way too. I know that people often throw their toys out of the pram when a result doesn't go their way but I feel relieved that I'm giving up on BB. It's long overdue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    atko wrote: »
    Helen has a growing number of fans because what you see is what you get with her. She was nasty in week 1 but since then hasn't really done anything wrong. The 'fight' with Matthew she was totally right but went about it the wrong way, if she had thought about it she could have made Matthew feel so small! He wasn't playing their game so had no business disrupting it, as Helen said, he should have took himself elsewhere if he didn't want to play. That's her only problem, the way she comes across or approaches arguments. Speaking her mind she has a right to do like everyone else. On the other hand Ashleigh is a manipulating bitch who hasn't had a nice thing to say about anyone yet not one of the other housemates have done a damned thing to her personally! She has attacked everyone, people call Helen vile but some of the things Ashleigh has said has been far worse! Look how she manipulated the other girls in to voting how she wanted in this weeks nominations then the next thing we saw was her calling Kimberly a "f*****g bitch"! She's a horrible individual!!!!

I couldn't disagree with your post more - I see Helen in a completely different light and, if she really does have a growing number of fans, I find that really depressing :(
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly this forum is out of touch with the voters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Helsbels46 wrote: »
    I couldn't disagree with your post more - I see Helen in a completely different light and, if she really does have a growing number of fans, I find that really depressing :(

Many of them Jale and Kim fans from what I can see.
  • Options
    wigwag46wigwag46 Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    I'm with you all the way donna65. I seems totally different this year and I just haven't posted much because I am in the minority.....or was. Perhaps we need to stick together all of us on this thread lol!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    atko wrote: »

Sorry just can't agree with a word you say. How you can justify Helen and call Ashleigh "a horrible individual" is beyond the realms of my comprehension.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

and I thank goodness for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wigwag46 wrote: »
    I'm with you all the way donna65. I seems totally different this year and I just haven't posted much because I am in the minority.....or was. Perhaps we need to stick together all of us on this thread lol!

I do wonder if it's an age thing. I'm 48. Wonder how many of the people supporting Helen are youngsters and by that, I mean under 30?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But it's not though is it? I don't agree with the majority of the forum and yet the people I dislike are staying in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your thoughts as to why? I seem to remember you being really confused when Ben was voted out on BB11 (I think...??) and I loved your posts then...think you even disappeared from this forum for a while.

So would like to hear what you've got to say on the matter :)
  • Options
    atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helsbels46 wrote: »

You can also blame BOTS for that too because they are obsessed with having panel on & psychologists calling Helen vile & repulsive every night. There is no balance at all & the public are not stupid!