The Big Reunion - ITV2 next Thursday

Comments

• myssmyss Posts: 16,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps it's just me but I'm not entirely sure that I'd want a second series. At the moment I'd like to remember this series as very pleasant surprise and something that shouldn't have the life bled out of it.

I'd far rather that they followed up with this lot in a year or so's time to find out how they're all getting on.
    Good point.
  • frenchie21frenchie21 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anybody know at all if the Big Reunion tour will be on TV at all or if it will be put out on DVD as another poster said the acts are performing more songs. Does anybody know at all please?

• mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jampots wrote: »
    Agreed RE Heavenlii, they can't honestly expect her to uproot and record new material/tour etc a few gigs here and there is more likeely. Celenas sister who was in Kleshay would be a far better choice to replace Heavenlii, her name s candi IIRC

RE Naima, As far as I'm aware, that is a fake account. I've also heard that Naima didn't rejoin because she was I'll a while back and hasn't regained her confidence, I feel liken my informant might have naima mixed up with someone else, However.

You have a point about Heavenli, but I still think she could have said no when they asked her to rejoin. It's not like anyone forced her to, so she could look like she is genuinely interested.

As for Celena's sister. If she joined, I would no longer be a Honeyz fan. Wasn't she advertising her blog on here a few weeks ago totalling ripping Naima apart. Now that is totally unprofessional. :(

I'm thinking Naima saying no/not being allowed to do the Big Reunion was a blessing in disguise. It seems like the Honeyz will do a Honeyz and there will be another line up change soon.

All good for Mariamma, she can sign up with the Sugababes when they give Heidi (she has been with them the longest and they normally turf that person out) the boot. Or she could be the new Posh Spice or something. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jampots wrote: »
    I'd love a reunion of tv stars/shows like gladiators, the upper hand, fun house..where they record one more episode...

This is an excellent idea!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *deleted*
  • rapunzel4rapunzel4 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    You have a point about Heavenli, but I still think she could have said no when they asked her to rejoin. It's not like anyone forced her to, so she could look like she is genuinely interested.

As for Celena's sister. If she joined, I would no longer be a Honeyz fan. Wasn't she advertising her blog on here a few weeks ago totalling ripping Naima apart. Now that is totally unprofessional. :(

I'm thinking Naima saying no/not being allowed to do the Big Reunion was a blessing in disguise. It seems like the Honeyz will do a Honeyz and there will be another line up change soon.

All good for Mariamma, she can sign up with the Sugababes when they give Heidi (she has been with them the longest and they normally turf that person out) the boot. Or she could be the new Posh Spice or something. :D

unlike a lot of the others, she has a 'real' job, shes now a midwife. brains and beauty:p
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has Duncan James done to himself?
    His eyes look strange...kind of like the early stages of the "cat eye" look and his face seems plastic.
    He'll be the male version of the bride of Wildenstein in 5 years time if he isn't careful!
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rapunzel4 wrote: »
    unlike a lot of the others, she has a 'real' job, shes now a midwife. brains and beauty:p

Definitely. I was just saying if she wants to go down the popstar route, she would have no problem whatsoever. Banging body. Good voice. She seems like a full on catch.
  • frenchie21frenchie21 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody is answering my question, I am curious to know if the Tour will be released on DVD at all or be put on TV? Does anybody know at all? PLEASE? Thanks!!
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frenchie21 wrote: »
    Nobody is answering my question, I am curious to know if the Tour will be released on DVD at all or be put on TV? Does anybody know at all? PLEASE? Thanks!!

The tour dvd will be out on Monday.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cfc86 wrote: »
    The tour dvd will be out on Monday.

I think Frenchie means the tour in May so we can see the new songs the groups will be performing. I would love it if they did, I didn't think three songs per group was enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Frenchie means the tour in May so we can see the new songs the groups will be performing. I would love it if they did, I didn't think three songs per group was enough.

Oh my bad. I hope so especially for people who can't go. As far as I know they are doing four songs on tour but I only know B*Witched which is apparently Jesse Hold On along with the three they did at the concert.
  • applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any predictions for new singles, albums or chart hits?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that both Atomic Kitten and B*witched are in with a chance of another top 10 singles hit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any predictions for new singles, albums or chart hits?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that both Atomic Kitten and B*witched are in with a chance of another top 10 singles hit.

I'd say out of the 6 Atomic Kitten and B*Witched definitely do. I'd say Liberty X if they stayed together while I don't see 911 or Five having any impact. Five might have a top 20 though.
    Honeyz? I'd like them to but I don't see it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    mimi123456 wrote: »

That was actually her cousin who was also in Kleshay and I won't discuss any further since she'd clearly love the attention.

Candi, celena's younger sister has a super voice, was beautiful, probably still is AND has already done many gigs with Mariama and celena as the Honeyz, in07,08,09 maybe even more recently than that. Obviously not mentioned on big reunion, however:p

I'll try find a clip
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    http://www.myspace.com/celenacherry/photos/2406406#%7B%22ImageId%22%3A2406406%7D

Honeyz 2008 with candy (celena's sister), Mariama looking a little different and celena..probably their best line up
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps it's just me but I'm not entirely sure that I'd want a second series. At the moment I'd like to remember this series as very pleasant surprise and something that shouldn't have the life bled out of it.

I'd far rather that they followed up with this lot in a year or so's time to find out how they're all getting on.
    The thing is the series got like over a million viewers an episode. I don't see TV producers having a similar view you have because of the ratings it has had and the interest it has produced.

I would like to see a series based on the tour, perhaps 2-3 episodes and then a one off episode based on the Christmas tour.

But I can see them getting for a series with some new acts. I think S Club 7 will get back together to line themselves up for a spot on the show.

Although if they do make another series on the current lot, will they want more money (I am assuming they are getting paid now?). I say that because of the number of viewers or potential number.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say out of the 6 Atomic Kitten and B*Witched definitely do. I'd say Liberty X if they stayed together while I don't see 911 or Five having any impact. Five might have a top 20 though.
    Why not Five though?
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Unfortunately 'Just A Little' is not the song on the album - its 'Being Nobody'!.

So all the other acts get more than one track on the CD and Liberty X's song isn't even one of their own originally. Poor Liberty X. Trying to come up with other possible inclusions, I thought of "Got To Have Your Love" but that too was a cover!
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Only 2 of the acts are making any impact on the charts at the moment, Blue and Five. Nothing has appeared for the others on ITunes. Blue has actually entered the official charts with their greatest hits album at #34. Five's greatest hits got up to #10 in the iTunes album chart, has dropped a bit and could enter next week's official chart.

I don't believe the others are getting much interest to be honest and that is what record labels will be looking out for, if they were thinking of signing them.
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Why not Five though?

Exactly.:)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Why not Five though?

I actually think Five are the most likely to do something new after this. They seem to be the group the media is most interested in.
    Sean is a songwriter and has been trying to launch a solo career for years. I wouldn't mind betting he's got a nice little stockpile of songs ready to record if it comes to it.
    As Cowell was involved with them at the start and is never one to let a £££££ making opportunity pass him by, I wouldn't be surprised if he's talking to them about a new deal before very long.

I actually think out of all of the bands, Five are the ones who could do a sell out gig on their own after this is over
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I actually think Five are the most likely to do something new after this. They seem to be the group the media is most interested in.
    Sean is a songwriter and has been trying to launch a solo career for years. I wouldn't mind betting he's got a nice little stockpile of songs ready to record if it comes to it.
    As Cowell was involved with them at the start and is never one to let a £££££ making opportunity pass him by, I wouldn't be surprised if he's talking to them about a new deal before very long.

I actually think out of all of the bands, Five are the ones who could do a sell out gig on their own after this is over

I was actually thinking the same and won't be surprised if it happens. They will comeback with a mature sound like Take That, also they are the ones getting the most media attention. If you think about it, Ritchie lives thousands of miles away, yet he is so committed. I don't think he would be doing it if there wasn't already something in the pipeline.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    I was actually thinking the same and won't be surprised if it happens. They will comeback with a mature sound like Take That, also they are the ones getting the most media attention. If you think about it, Ritchie lives thousands of miles away, yet he is so committed. I don't think he would be doing it if there wasn't already something in the pipeline.

I watched the webchat on Heatworld and, when their future plans are mentioned, they are quite cagey. I do wonder if there is something in the pipeline but they can't say until after the BR tour.

For my sins, I actually found the Greatest Hits CD in a box on my loft and played it in the car :o. It's quite noticeable how they matured as each new album was released and so I do think they are capable of doing a 'Take That' to some extent.
  • applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that at least three of groups (Five, B*Witched and Atomic Kitten) are all doing some serious media and promotion work at the moment I wouldn't be too surprised if the 90's tries to fight back against the current rubbish flooding the charts!

Bring back the 90's :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot Five had some impact, I didn't really follow them, so I guess they could also have a top ten. Atomic Kitten I can see having some success too even with Kerry but with B*Witched I think it's me more hoping especially if they have a more mature sound. Something like I Shall Be There but upbeat too.