Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boaby Madden has had a shocker of a game.
  • Linda_AndersonLinda_Anderson Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    They have been going to England for 20 years now. It's never going to happen, they are not wanted and not needed

Oh I agree, it was just a "what if?" Scenario :D
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    grps3 wrote: »
    54 +1 = 55 :)

I wouldnt be counting that last title as a proper title, not until they are back into the top division will they count.

not sure how it works legally though.
    Forum Member
    I don't care what Rangers do. I've enough to worry about with Hearts :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    I wouldnt be counting that last title as a proper title, not until they are back into the top division will they count.

not sure how it works legally though.

we have world record of 55 titles simple
    and
    world record for top flight titles - 54

54+1
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How many were tainted in the 90s tho ? :mad:
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we have world record of 55 titles simple
    and

54+1

Amazing. 54 top flight titles you say and not 1 European Cup. Not sure there is a club in Europe who can lay claim to so many titles and not at a minimum reach one EC final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Amazing. 54 top flight titles you say and not 1 European Cup. Not sure there is a club in Europe who can lay claim to so many titles and not at a minimum reach one EC final.

Dear me, I hope you are not suggesting that all these titles mean didly squat with regards to Rangers true place in overall historic European / World club hierarchy :D
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Absoute tosh. Is it April 1st yet?

you meant EVERY DAY IS APRIL 1!

top quality grade a BULL :eek:
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh yes

GREAT RESULT ST MIRREN
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tainted titles - who would have thunk a "celtic" fan could come out with that particular phrase ... btw enjoy another tainted title when it comes your way wee fella.:p
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    Congratulations to Rangers on winning the Third Division and securing promotion next season to the....Third Division
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think that any plans for restructing should start the season after next season, to allow one full season of every club knowing what they are actually playing for at the start of it.

If the league restructure goes ahead for next season this season has been pointless.

At least if it goes ahead for the season after, next season can be interesting with a one off format for the restructing of the SPL and SFL.
    Forum Member
    I do think that any plans for restructing should start the season after next season, to allow one full season of every club knowing what they are actually playing for at the start of it.

If the league restructure goes ahead for next season this season has been pointless.

At least if it goes ahead for the season after, next season can be interesting with a one off format for the restructing of the SPL and SFL.

Absolutely. It is now far too late to reorganise for next season, because decisions would be getting made on how they put teams into the new format, whilst aware of existing finishing positions or likely finishing positions.

For instance, if we move to 12-12-18, I would allow the team finishing top of the existing 3rd division a play-off opportunity into the new middle division or what's the point of winning the 3rd division ( an actual good point made by Chuckles for once ). But if you announced this for a next season reorganisation, it is too politicised because we already know who the 3rd division champions are.

All common sense says decide on the reorganisation format and introduce it for season 14/15 so the teams next season know what they are playing for....but this being Scottish football..
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »
    Absolutely. It is now far too late to reorganise for next season, because decisions would be getting made on how they put teams into the new format, whilst aware of existing finishing positions or likely finishing positions.

For instance, if we move to 12-12-18, I would allow the team finishing top of the existing 3rd division a play-off opportunity into the new middle division or what's the point of winning the 3rd division ( an actual good point made by Chuckles for once ). But if you announced this for a next season reorganisation, it is too politicised because we already know who the 3rd division champions are.

All common sense says decide on the reorganisation format and introduce it for season 14/15 so the teams next season know what they are playing for....but this being Scottish football..

I suggested this as a format:

Something like this:

Match 1: Playoff winners Division 3 v 7th Division 2
    Match 2: Champions Division 3 v 8th Division 2

Match 3: Winners Match 1 v 5th Division 2
    Match 4: Winners Match 2 v 6th Division 2

Match 5: Winners Match 3 v 4th Division 2
    Match 6: Winners Match 4 v 3rd Division 2

Match 7: Winners match 5 v 2nd Division 2
    Match 8: Winners Match 6 v 10th Division 1

It gives the teams in division 3, teams in division 2, even the team relegated from division 1 a chance to get into the championship.
    Forum Member
    I suggested this as a format:

Something like this:

Match 1: Playoff winners Division 3 v 7th Division 2
    Match 2: Champions Division 3 v 8th Division 2

Match 3: Winners Match 1 v 5th Division 2
    Match 4: Winners Match 2 v 6th Division 2

Match 5: Winners Match 3 v 4th Division 2
    Match 6: Winners Match 4 v 3rd Division 2

Match 7: Winners match 5 v 2nd Division 2
    Match 8: Winners Match 6 v 10th Division 1

It gives the teams in division 3, teams in division 2, even the team relegated from division 1 a chance to get into the championship.

Hmm, it's late, I've had a few drinks and my head already hurts. So I don't think now is quite the time for me to consider this one further, other than that looks err interesting :D
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »

How many championships have their pals at Linfield won?
    Congratulations to Rangers on winning the Third Division and securing promotion next season to the....Third Division

Poor Bazza doesn't understand the difference between the 3rd Division and the 3rd tier.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should teams in the current Third Division (fourth tier) get a shot at promotion to the Championship (second tier)?
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rulebook for 12-12-18 is in place as it's been worked on for months.

Everything is ready, delaying for a year wont change anything apart for those currently in SFL1 losing out on tens of thousands of extra prize money.

It seems David Longmuir is now against the plan he helped put forward which has caused the lower league clubs to change their mind. Question is why? What has changed in the last 8 weeks?
    Forum Member
    If the new league system does get the go ahead will there still be promotion/relegation from premier league/division 1?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the new league system does get the go ahead will there still be promotion/relegation from premier league/division 1?
    It'll work as a sort-of mid-season play-off league.

Teams in the SPL and Championship play each other twice (within their respective 12s, natch). The bottom-4 from the SPL then join with the top-4 of the Championship, with the new combined league playing each other twice.

The respective top and bottom 8s then play for the SPL title and to avoid relegation to the "national league".
    Forum Member
    Mark. wrote: »
    It'll work as a sort-of mid-season play-off league.

Teams in the SPL and Championship play each other twice (within their respective 12s, natch). The bottom-4 from the SPL then join with the top-4 of the Championship, with the new combined league playing each other twice.

The respective top and bottom 8s then play for the SPL title and to avoid relegation to the "national league".

Ok, I think I'll have to read it a few times to understand it :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

as proven recently ....none
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I just being pedantic to suggest that this is not a 55th title but a first?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Am I just being pedantic to suggest that this is not a 55th title but a first?
    No, you're being accurate.
This discussion has been closed.