**SPOILER** Thread - Saturday 13th December 2014

Comments

• lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so pleased for Simon, he was better than the "best dancer in the show" last week and deserved his place. I am pleased that the weakest dancer has gone and am happy with the 4 finalists.

Thank you so much for everyone responsible for the spoiler and for this thread. It adds so much to my Strictly experience.

:):):)
  • LordsallyLordsally Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now we have had the final spoiler, it is time for the Spoiler Thread awards. Here is the latest betting on the awards.

MOST OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTOR TO THE SPOILER THREAD

Prices :

Abigailsmum - 1/100

Toyboysmum - 25/1

Monaogg - 33/1

SaraV1308 - 40/1

BEST SUPPORTING CONTRIBUTOR TO THE SPOILER THREAD

Prices:

Toyboysmum - 1/2

Monaogg - 2/1

Abigailsmum - 6/1

SaraV1308 - 6/1

MOST ENTERTAINING CONTRIBUTOR TO THE SPOILER THREAD

And the prices :

Cwickham - 2/1

Hansue - 2/1

Johnnys Arcade - 2/1

Major Chudley - 2/1

Place your virtual bets now please!

If you need anything from me, let me know x
  • Siobhan_KellySiobhan_Kelly Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Guess this means the ex Xfactor presenter will win now, I'd be more pleased for Simon.
  • CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    Pasha's 3rd final (a joint record with Brendan, although Brendan doesn't quite match the distinction of reaching three finals in four years); Kristina's second; Kevin's second in a row; Karen's first.

I would love Pasha to win.
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SG1Rach wrote: »
    Delurking to say thanks - follow every week and don't know what I'd do without you!
    See you next year! 😄

...For your annual December post! :D Hello and goodbye!! ;-)
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the result.

Fair enough based on tonight's performances but I suspect that Jake would have been better value for money in the final.

So do I. But hey ho, his misfortune that he didn't have at least one dance to grab the floaters interest in the semi, instead they were both sadly ordinary. Frankie had a rumba that was unusual but worked for her and Kevin, an AT that probably grabbed a few uncommitteds, Caroline had the salsa, Simon is clearly the best at ballroom by a long way. Mark...well, the rumba again was a talking point.

Do we know which dances they did in the DO?

Anyway, thanks for the results throughout the series. It hasn't been the most exciting or best series for me, and I feel a bit meh on the final but at least they are all good.
  • nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too! Very shocked by this. I think he was the weakest tonight but preferred him to Mark in general. Feels odd that he is in the final. Him and Simon have both been in the bottom two 3 times!

I thought Jake had it in the bag.

Maybe his vote wasn't quite as big as many of us thought, or maybe it was a case of him being so poor tonight (particularly his Cha Cha Cha) that the softer part of the vote he's had up till now felt disinclined to vote for him.

Then again, for all we know the maths just went against him.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis Smith did the tour. The only year the winner didn't was the first year of the tour when Alesha wasn't available. It's amazing how the winner is always available for the tour even though the tour line-up is finalised weeks before the final. ;-)

Isn't that a coincidence? (my tin hat stays firmly affixed)
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    TerriD wrote: »
    It was always going to happen when the "judges" gave the same score to Simon even though Simon nearly dropped Kristina on her head for the second week in a row. How they can explain giving the same mark to two people when only one of them make an absolute mess of their dance is beyond me

Usually I stick up a bit for the judges but they've had a very dodgy couple of weeks.

Of course the final is all on the public vote but that's no consolation to the fans of those who didn't make it.
  • rebandmelrebandmel Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    I thought the semi final was pretty poor compared to previous years, although I liked Jake I knew if he was in the bottom 2 the judges would vote him out, Craig must be thrilled all four are on his Tour, I do think it's between Frankie and Caroline to win, i am not sure final will be that great now Jake and Pixie have gone, I think pixie show dance would have been fab, and Jake's hips would have made an appearance. I for one hope the Girls win now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not one for conspiracies. However has there ever been a SCD tour that didn't include the series winner? Coincidences make my teeth itch.
  • LoracShaktiLoracShakti Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Gutted for Jake - but it was clear the judges just did not want him in the final. He probably should have been in the bottom 2 this week but not bottom of the leader board. Personally I detested Mark's 'Rumba' and was astounded it scored as high as it did - not a single rumba walk on view. I was also shocked Simon's Samba got the marks it did what with all the errors!!

Jake was shafted by the judges and had been for a while - I was hoping the public would put him through :(. I know I shouldn't listen to the conspiracy theorists but it does make you wonder - especially as the BBC doesn't release the results of the public vote.

Oh well - I will watch the final next week having no cares about who wins now :)
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess this means the ex Xfactor presenter will win now, I'd be more pleased for Simon.

you mean Caroline
  • champers9147champers9147 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Good result. :)

As a lurker like to say pat on the back to all the contributors who have made this a success. :D

Me too, thank you!
  • Sho NuffSho Nuff Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to see Simon & Kristina's reaction when they are told they are through to the final!! :):):)
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't watch th show tonight as obviously a fix and BBC pisses me off treating viewers like mugs.
    I'm guessing the Eastender went as he's not in the tour :confused:

Nope, he went because he was the worst dancer left.
  • nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cornchips wrote: »
    I'm not one for conspiracies. However has there ever been a SCD tour that didn't include the series winner? Coincidences make my teeth itch.
    Alesha apparently.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So happy for Simon, but I'm just disgusted that Mark has made the final.

Urrrgh, the most arrogant self-absorbed man...
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm relieved Jake is out of the running as I was worried he was heading for an utterly undeserved win even after tonight's messes, but I do feel we're in for a rather flat final without him and Pixie.

My heart says Caroline & Pasha, but I will settle for Frankie & Kevin if it comes to that. The two men are surely massively unlikely to turn it around in the public vote.
  • CAT5CAT5 Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, I've had a rather large Bailey's so I'm having a nap before the meteor shower! So I'll say good night. I'll be at the party next week all being well :) But if you're not joining in - A Very Merry Christmas to you all - and a happy, healthy & prosperous 2015. Bless you.
    Last one out - turn the lights off x
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great result, I never did see what the people who voted saw in his dancing. Apart from the first week, when he wiggled better than the others, he hasn't had a decent dance. He didn't deserve to be in the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nagel84 wrote: »
    Alesha apparently.

Thanks.

It's still suspicious though My teeth are still itching

It was the right result tonight though. And last week for that matter given who was in the dance off
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sho Nuff wrote: »
    I can't wait to see Simon & Kristina's reaction when they are told they are through to the final!! :):):)

Me too! :)
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im very happy with either of the 4 finalists winning.......:)

Im not invested in anybody so next week, Im going to relax and cheer on EVERYONE :D:D

I would have been really pissed if Jake won so Im glad that he left :p :cool:; He was by far the WORST celeb left and overstayed his welcome imo....

So Good Luck Frankie, Caroline , Simon and Mark.........MAY THE BEST WIN :D:D
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Abigailsmum,for the spoiler - you're a star! And thanks to all in the spoiler thread! I have enjoyed mingling with you all.