Options

Smoking / e-cigs

Comments

• Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,036
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    You cannot buy anything with nicotine in from Amazon. You also need to beware sellers who say they sell genuine products, eg. Kangertech, as I learned to my cost. I bought what was supposed to be a genuine mini Protank but it wasn't - a real mini Protank is made of glass, the one I was sent was made of plastic - no good for Aniseed e-juice, which can crack plastic, as can many other flavourings (especially citrus-based, but also very thick e-juices).

Thanks, certainly worth anyone knowing as its such a vast market place you would assume you should be able to get what you need. :)
  • Options
    m4tt24m4tt24 Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The liquids from onepoundliquid are ok if you leave them for 5 - 7 days before using them. Another decent site that also sells the coils quite cheap and dekang and hangsen liquids is below. They always either have all for sale or really limited stock but provided you stock up when they have all in it is pretty decent value.

http://mr-ecig.co.uk/
  • Options
    oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very pleased with my 2200 tank I bought on ebay. It's lasting at least a week between charges and cost £10.99. Much more than I've paid before, but worth it for the security of knowing it's not going to die suddenly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    m4tt24 wrote: »
    The liquids from onepoundliquid are ok if you leave them for 5 - 7 days before using them. Another decent site that also sells the coils quite cheap and dekang and hangsen liquids is below. They always either have all for sale or really limited stock but provided you stock up when they have all in it is pretty decent value.

http://mr-ecig.co.uk/

Is that 5 - 7 days after opening?

Ps Very Merry Christmas everyone xx
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    EvieJ wrote: »
    Many people have now switched from ciggies to e-cigs, its a more socially acceptable and safer way to satisfy the nicotine addiction (atm)

Those who have, what would you now classify yourself as, a smoker or non smoker?? And to those who don't have that need to feed, how do you see the habit and its partakers.

I gave up smoking 5 years ago and it wasn't difficult. At all.

But I did used to enjoy smoking. So about a year ago I bought an e-cig to sit and watch TV with one evening. I still use them occasionally for recreation. They are enjoyable but in no way addictive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I gave up smoking 5 years ago and it wasn't difficult. At all.

But I did used to enjoy smoking. So about a year ago I bought an e-cig to sit and watch TV with one evening. I still use them occasionally for recreation. They are enjoyable but in no way addictive.

5 years, well done :-)

My friend uses his far more than he ever smoked.

Would be interesting to see if vapers can abstain for a day or two, just to test the theory. ;-)

Anyone willing to try and let us know?
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Well the people calling for restrictions are tobacco manufacturers who have no interest in people stopping smoking, unless their using one of said manufacturer own devices. And the Government who at the moment are loosing revenue from people stopping smoking, and not getting any from vapers accept standard taxation etc.

So basically its money, and nothing to do with health risks or they would of banned cigarettes years ago or taxed them into extinction.

And Governments don't like people enjoying themselves without getting their cut.

Nail. Head.

Yet, while they want to tax us to death, they enjoy duty free alcohol, cigarettes, 24/7 bar opening in the HOC, amongst many other perks, like free parking in the HOC car parks in London . They can even vote for their own pay rises. Goverments are inherently without morals and corrupt, it's just a matter of degrees from country to country.

If this shit legislation regarding taxing of e-cig products comes through, I'll stock up prior in bulk and after that go to my local e-cig dealer.

The government take ages to put tax rebates through (though they take the tax out at source, before it's even landed in your bank account) and councils take ages to process benefit claims, yet if you default on your council tax for even a couple of weeks, they're all over you like a bad rash, such as threatening bailiffs and imprisonment.

Either way, you're f*cked.

Merry Christmas, btw.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, certainly worth anyone knowing as its such a vast market place you would assume you should be able to get what you need. :)
    YOu can get 0% juice (nicotine-free) on Amazon, but no nicotine products (that includes no tobacco, etc although you can buy rolling papers, machines, filters, etc!)
  • Options
    year 1957year 1957 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Any one use an aspire nautilus,ive never had an atomise as good as this it is amazing,load of vapour and taste and the wick is like a tube (quite big) ther doesn`t seem to be any cotton or wadding, don`t know how they work but as i said they are exellent and seem to last forever ,the wick i am using is two months old and still works like new. Also the never seem to discolour the liquid like others do
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    Six months today since my last ciggy thanks to vaping. Best Christmas present I ever had.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try this site www.plumeblu.co.uk they seel cracking juiced and decent pipes. I've got the tesla spider e-cig with the Nautilus tank. They are brilliant
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try this site www.plumeblu.co.uk they seel cracking juiced and decent pipes. I've got the tesla spider e-cig with the Nautilus tank. They are brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Try this site www.plumeblu.co.uk they seel cracking juiced and decent pipes. I've got the tesla spider e-cig with the Nautilus tank. They are brilliant.

Thought I would revive this thread as a wider debate about vaping legislation is taking place in the hospital ban e-cigs thread and it might be more on topic here.

In particular I am wondering how many vapers /e-cig users on here are aware of the likely impact on our activity that will result from the implementation of the EU Tobacco Products Directive in May next year (2016).

This especially concerns those who are using any kind of refillable device and buying bottled e-liquid* to do so. Refillable e-cigs as we know them may well be made unlawful as may any e-cigs with replaceable coils and wicks.

Kit like the excellent Nautilus mentioned above could well fall foul of the legislation.

see
    https://cigelectric.co.uk/e-cig-uk-regulation-2016/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Richard46 wrote: »
    Thought I would revive this thread as a wider debate about vaping legislation is taking place in the hospital ban e-cigs thread and it might be more on topic here.

In particular I am wondering how many vapers /e-cig users on here are aware of the likely impact on our activity that will result from the implementation of the EU Tobacco Products Directive in May next year (2016).

This especially concerns those who are using any kind of refillable device and buying bottled e-liquid* to do so. Refillable e-cigs as we know them may well be made unlawful as may any e-cigs with replaceable coils and wicks.

Kit like the excellent Nautilus mentioned above could well fall foul of the legislation.

see
    https://cigelectric.co.uk/e-cig-uk-regulation-2016/

Thanks Richard. So do you know what will still be available?
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shall be writing to my MP and MEP later today once daughter's off to respite. Time to at least have my say and put in my tuppence worth.

This http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/Blog/Call-to-arms-why-ALL-vapers-must-act-now has some useful guidelines, as well as many other sites of course.

ETA: Have to say the idea of turning back to smoking (which, in all real honesty I imagine I would do) doesn't fill me with joy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Richard. So do you know what will still be available?

Most likely devices with sealed cartridges. Those might be replaceable or the they might be part of a totally disposable device where you throw the whole thing away after a few hours use.

These http://uk.govype.com/estick-starter-kit are probably the kind of thing. Note these are the kind of e-cigs that are made by big tobacco companies. The Vype is owned by BAT for instance.
    They are basically underpowered and expensive. They are pretty much the kind of things I used 5 years ago in the early days of vaping and which failed to get me off cigarettes.

The years of development of better and more economical 2nd and third gen vaping kit like that recommended above will be lost. As very likely will be much of the health gain that has already been made by vapers not to mention future quitters.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I shall be writing to my MP and MEP later today once daughter's off to respite. Time to at least have my say and put in my tuppence worth.

This http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/Blog/Call-to-arms-why-ALL-vapers-must-act-now has some useful guidelines, as well as many other sites of course.

ETA: Have to say the idea of turning back to smoking (which, in all real honesty I imagine I would do) doesn't fill me with joy.

ECHR anyone?Found this site.

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1590.0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Most likely devices with sealed cartridges. Those might be replaceable or the they might be part of a totally disposable device where you throw the whole thing away after a few hours use.

These http://uk.govype.com/estick-starter-kit are probably the kind of thing. Note these are the kind of e-cigs that are made by big tobacco companies. The Vype is owned by BAT for instance.
    They are basically underpowered and expensive. They are pretty much the kind of things I used 5 years ago in the early days of vaping and which failed to get me off cigarettes.

The years of development of better and more economical 2nd and third gen vaping kit like that recommended above will be lost. As very likely will be much of the health gain that has already been made by vapers not to mention future quitters.

I cant get onto that page but it sounds like the things that look more like cigarettes than some of the other ecigs. Is that right? That could be more encouragement to smoke?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I cant get onto that page but it sounds like the things that look more like cigarettes than some of the other ecigs. Is that right? That could be more encouragement to smoke?

Try this

http://uk.govype.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member

Not quite what I thought but still closer to cigs than some you see.

Thankyou :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've seen a couple of adverts over the last few days about the health issues with smoking. Presumably because of time of year and new years resolutions.

Has anyone noticed if any of the ecig adds might be aimed stopping smoking? You would think this would be a great time to market them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've seen a couple of adverts over the last few days about the health issues with smoking. Presumably because of time of year and new years resolutions.

Has anyone noticed if any of the ecig adds might be aimed stopping smoking? You would think this would be a great time to market them.

It is against the advertising guidelines to make any claims of that nature.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is against the advertising guidelines to make any claims of that nature.

Not to market them as an aid to stop smoking. Madness........ Why? What should they be marketed as?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not to market them as an aid to stop smoking. Madness........ Why? What should they be marketed as?

Tell me about it. I think these are the current guidelines

The rules state that adverts must not:

be "likely to appeal particularly to people under 18, especially by reflecting or being associated with youth culture"
    encourage non-smokers to use e-cigarettes
    claim e-cigarettes are "safer" or "healthier" than smoking tobacco
    make any health claims without approval from the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency

Pretty much rules out any basis for advertising them actually. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tell me about it. I think these are the current guidelines

The rules state that adverts must not:

be "likely to appeal particularly to people under 18, especially by reflecting or being associated with youth culture"
    encourage non-smokers to use e-cigarettes
    claim e-cigarettes are "safer" or "healthier" than smoking tobacco
    make any health claims without approval from the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency

Pretty much rules out any basis for advertising them actually. :D

Not encourage non smokers to use them, well then they should be aimed at smokers. :confused: