Comments

• Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but that says fourth which doesn't even sound like force, just saying is all
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    May the Fourth be with you too OP :D
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

It does though.

Maybe it depends on your accsent.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Star Wars was released in the UK on 27 December in 1977.

/pedantic :D
  • ParashootistParashootist Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »

I saw it before then:p
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We saw it at the Press showing in Leeds. Midnight it was, on a Monday and I had work the next day. It was worth it. I will never forget the feeling I had as that little spacecraft flew overhead, followed by a behemoth that never seemed to end .... Magic.

May the Fourth be with you all!
  • bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »

I saw it before then:p

That may have been the glitzy London première but the film was released a while before that; the very first UK showing was at the Odeon, Rhyl on 12th November 1977 (Saturday afternoon matinée...1.35pm) ;-)
  • FairyFeet1964FairyFeet1964 Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh Billy -

To quote YODA: "You must unlearn what you have learned"

Now have a Happy Star Wars Day - May the Forth be with you :)

Yoda is my hero:)
    Forum Member
    bri160356 wrote: »
    That may have been the glitzy London première but the film was released a while before that; the very first UK showing was at the Odeon, Rhyl on 12th November 1977 (Saturday afternoon matinée...1.35pm) ;-)

I saw it waay before that:)
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its still amazing all these years later
    Forum Member
    I saw it waay before that:)

...must have been one of the very first ‘Betamax’ video pirates then. :o:D
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Working a 12 hour day (bank holiday rates, not complaining) so looking forward to getting home tonight, opening a beer, firing up the projector and enjoying some big screen action from that far, far away galaxy.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mmm, get a sensible calendar you must! Tired of the nerds are we!
    Forum Member
    ...must have been one of the very first ‘Betamax’ video pirates then. :o:D

No, I saw it legally. Connections and all that;-)
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahem.

*attention seeking mode on*

It's actually my wedding anniversary. All we need is the same weather we had 26 years ago and it'll be a glorious Bank Holiday. This day in London in 1989 was about 80f.
  • mark_bmark_b Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May the Fourth be with you.

For tomorrow is Revenge of the Fifth.
    Forum Member
    No, I saw it legally. Connections and all that;-)

No need to be coy about your dodgy, sorry legal, ‘connections’ after all this time;......pray tell! :confused::D
    Forum Member
    its still amazing all these years later

The one thing I found amazing was the number of people, over the age of 14, that became completely obsessed by it. :)

I must admit to watching Star Wars (through curiosity more than anything else) when it was released but I was left underwhelmed to be honest;..........still, each to their own.

P.S. ‘2001’ is undoubtedly the greatest science-fiction movie ever made, IMVHO. :o:D
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Happy Star Trek Day!
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one thing I found amazing was the number of people, over the age of 14, that became completely obsessed by it. :)

I must admit to watching Star Wars (through curiosity more than anything else) when it was released but I was left underwhelmed to be honest;..........still, each to their own.

P.S. ‘2001’ is undoubtedly the greatest science-fiction movie ever made, IMVHO. :o:D

That was true science fiction though - Star Wars is science fantasy - but they are both wonderful in their own way.

Sod the self righteous bloody Jedi - I would much rather watch a Sith Lord kicking some arse. :D
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went to see the original Star Wars film at the pictures when it came out and it's a great film

I've seen a few of the follow ups on telly and they're largely rubbish

^_^
  • FairyFeet1964FairyFeet1964 Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Ahem.

*attention seeking mode on*

It's actually my wedding anniversary. All we need is the same weather we had 26 years ago and it'll be a glorious Bank Holiday. This day in London in 1989 was about 80f.

Well in that case Happy Star Wars Day and a very Happy 26th Wedding Anniversary to you Crotacus- I hope you have a lovely day :) Hopefully you will get some nice sunny weather and will be able to celebrate in style.

I got married in 1989 as well - 28th October - the weather had been fine right up until that day then in switched to weather that was hurracaine like really bad - just as well I didn't take it as an Omen! All our wedding pictures apart from me arriving in the car and my husband & best man looking wind swept were taken inside. Still very happilly married :)
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I particularly like the way the OP can't even get the name of the film right in the thread title ;)
  • simysimy Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who says May the Fourth anyway? It's the Fourth of May.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I went to see the original Star Wars film at the pictures when it came out and it's a great film

I've seen a few of the follow ups on telly and they're largely rubbish

^_^

which would you consider rubbish??