Options

Your biggest regret in life ??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 309
Forum Member
Hi

What are you biggest regrets in life?

Mine is breaking up with an ex a few years ago. I broke up with her due to my own insecurities. The thought of never holding her in my arms again kills me.

ukguy

Comments

• Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That I wasn't one of the babies my mother aborted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest regret is never winning the lottery. :(

Also losing the love of my life, but I think all of us have done that at some point. :(
  • Options
    humdrummerhumdrummer Posts: 4,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will always wonder if they would still be alive if I had said 'I love you, stay with me'.

I wanted to....I just couldn't get the words out.....looking back I think he was waiting for me to say it....I just.......(shrugs)

Edited to say that I should have told others to fcuk off way before I did. Would have saved me a shed load of hassle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Not doing very well at school
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    That I wasn't one of the babies my mother aborted.

Lol ......... i can't say i'd have been too bothered if mine hadn't had me either. :)
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regrets I've had a few
    But then again too few to mention
    I did what I had to do
    And saw it through without exemption:D

The only regret I have was that I started smoking when I left school and burnt money up buying cigarettes until I saw sense at 40. :mad:
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not buying a house in the late 90s.
  • Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Selling google to buy enron.
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    Some random answers so far - either mysterious or ....??? - not sure what!!

My take?

I love travel and since the age of 35 (I am now 54) I have travelled a lot - the outside Europe ones are the most memorable for me - India, Tanzania, USA, Bolivia, Thailand, Australia, South Africa. I wish I'd been able to start doing this a lot younger - and maybe that I'd done a 'gap year' somewhere along the way rather than going school/ uni / teacher training / teaching with no other experience.

Aniothe regret is not thinking through some of my financial decisions - I've had some nice home improvements done over the years and as of now our house is as we want it - but the way we did it was to extend the mortgage and that may mean me having to work till I am a lot older than I would have wished to. In the next 3 or 4 years I will be doing all I can to engineer retirement but it may be financially impossible - someone should have advised me better along the way.
  • Options
    MinjuryMinjury Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Joining this forum.
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not having a better connection with my dad and my wieght issues, i'm not fat but i look down a see an obese person LOOL. I'm 11 stone and am about to embark on a strict diet.
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minjury wrote: »
    Joining this forum.

after 15 posts, :D, we're not that bad.
  • Options
    MinjuryMinjury Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    after 15 posts, :D, we're not that bad.

I hope so :D
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »

Buying a house in 2008:D
  • Options
    Canard's BackCanard's Back Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joining the likes of "face book" :

Now my digital profile will be on the internet for generations to come and I will be judged because of my digital footprint: [A digital footprint is a trail left by an entries or interactions in a digital environment; including the usage of TV, mobile phone, internet and world wide web].

Digital footprints provide data on what information you have searched for in the digital environment; and are invaluable in assisting behavioural targeting, personalisation, targeted marketing, digital reputation, which other social media or social graphing services can use to there/their advantage - which is something we all leave on t'web....

It is something that wont be erased no matter what we do, so future and present 'googlers' will get a false impression of what we mean to others...

Try it - google your name and location and witness your history in the making.....

:D
  • Options
    80's chick80's chick Posts: 5,207
    Forum Member
    having an internet sordid full on naughty flirtation , I should have known better, It nearly broke up the family:(

Not saying 'I love you' and 'Thank you' to my nan and grandad before they died

Not doing well at school, although I think I havent turned out that bad
  • Options
    gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to university

Not coming out when I was in my teens. I feel I've missed out big time :(
  • Options
    paulsmithfanpaulsmithfan Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    There is these Chinese saying that goes the best time to stop being a fool is 40 years ago and the second best time is now. So regrets can kiss my fat one, it's what you do now that matters.
  • Options
    Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »

Not buying two, when I could have done.
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not asking enough questions about my parents when they were alive. I'd struggle doing a family tree.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may have done some incredibly stupid, cringe worthy things in the past, but I have absolutely no regrets.
  • Options
    rehab_101rehab_101 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting smoking....'oh im so cool at 12 years old with a cigarette' ugh...
    Ending a relationship because he told me he loved me, i panicked, it was too late to fix.
    Not staying on at school for sixth form, resulting in me dropping out of college twice and uni twice....
    Moving in with my best mate, ruined our friendship.
    Choosing the wrong people as my friends.
    Getting myself into debt.
    Starting self harming, vicious addiction.

There's more. But that will do for now.
  • Options
    lemonbunlemonbun Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Nothing. One thing I have learnt is that regrets are a waste of time. You can only go forward.
  • Options
    Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not getting the grades at school

Also, I was quite needlessly a c*** to someone I was fond of and it still bugs me to this day that I was that way with them.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not asking enough questions about my parents when they were alive. I'd struggle doing a family tree.

I would have to include my grandparents as well.