Options

Made utter arse of ones self!!!

BingedrinkerBingedrinker Posts: 785
Forum Member
✭✭
I've been home for a couple of hours now after an all day drinking session and reality is kicking in!!!

Booked the afternoon of work for one of my collegues birthdays and got a tad hammered. Ended up at a work do and I seriously want to turn back time. I've liked this guy at work for a long time and we've been giving each other meaningful glances and had general chit chat. Anyway, think I got a bit over excited as he was in the pub when we stumbled in and I ended up acting like a total prick . Tried to act cool but it back fired. Told him my life story and ended up falling off my stool and bringing him down with me. My boss was there and didn't seem overly impressed. I don't remember leaving and have numerous voicemails from colleagues asking if I got home ok as I seemed extremely p*ssed. That tells me I must have been bad.

Please share some of your drunken work stories to make me feel better .......

Comments

• Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    I've been home for a couple of hours now after an all day drinking session and reality is kicking in!!!

Booked the afternoon of work for one of my collegues birthdays and got a tad hammered. Ended up at a work do and I seriously want to turn back time. I've liked this guy at work for a long time and we've been giving each other meaningful glances and had general chit chat. Anyway, think I got a bit over excited as he was in the pub when we stumbled in and I ended up acting like a total prick . Tried to act cool but it back fired. Told him my life story and ended up falling off my stool and bringing him down with me. My boss was there and didn't seem overly impressed. I don't remember leaving and have numerous voicemails from colleagues asking if I got home ok as I seemed extremely p*ssed. That tells me I must have been bad.

Youre bad....nobody else has went out on a works night out and made a twerp of themselves ...only you have.

Youre bad....nobody else has went out on a works night out and made a twerp of themselves ...only you have.
  • Options
    Sock CookerSock Cooker Posts: 291
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At our last christmas do my friend told our senior doctor that he looked like Mr Burns out of the Simpsons needless to say he wasn't impressed although she has a fair point.
  • Options
    Sparkles32Sparkles32 Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Im sure it is not as bad as it seems! The problem is people are all to eager to tell you all about it if you don't remember and many do tend to maybe wind you up a little with an embellished version! Also you always feel anxious and worried when you have been on the booze its kind of part of the hangover!! Laugh it off and don't let it worry you!!! Todays news is always tomorrows fish and chip wrapping!!!

:D
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Don't worry about it!

I once got so drunk at a xmas do that I berated the CEO about when he was going to pay our f*&^ing bonuses, I got literally carried away by 2 directors pretty sharpish...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry about it!

I once got so drunk at a xmas do that I berated the CEO about when he was going to pay our f*&^ing bonuses, I got literally carried away by 2 directors pretty sharpish...

Did you get your bonus?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I knew that would come back to haunt me!!! (little weird smilies not working for some reason : ) )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If people are concerned enough to text you then they've not fallen out with you.

You'll be OK.

To make you feel a little better, I once tried to bite my bosses penis through his trousers. I think it started off as a dare and was funny once -ish. But when my short-term memory started to go, I did it again, and again, and again.

I never got sacked or anything bad. I just got a wee slagging and a red face and went back to work.

What happens in the pub should stay in the pub.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did a handstand infront of my boss, and he seen my pants. I then peed in the corner of the room.

No I didn't I'm just kidding.
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Meanbugger wrote: »
    Did you get your bonus?

Yeah!! And a promotion a few weeks later!! :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG Poppypinkie that has cracked me up!! Thank u!!!

I hadn't drank since boxing day so the numerous cocktails went to my head (that's my excuse anyway)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    Enjoy the first time back at work

J/K But it seems you have lived up to your username
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

surely not the first time considering your username;)
    It's embarassing but it happens to most people. If your colleagues are bothered if you are ok then you can't have been that bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    earsnot wrote: »
    Enjoy the first time back at work

J/K But it seems you have lived up to your username

What does J/K mean???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surely not the first time considering your username;)
    It's embarassing but it happens to most people. If your colleagues are bothered if you are ok then you can't have been that bad.

Definately not the first time unfortunately!! I often reproach myself but I think I've truly surpassed myself this time.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just Kidding?

Anyway, I went out the other night with a few bosses and they actually deliberately got me quite p!ssed. It was kind of a thank you. Anyway, I managed to be fairly indsicreet over the course of the evening, getting worse as time went on. I later found out that it was one of this bosses special tricks to egg you on into saying something quite awful (like I'd like to shag so and so up the arse) and all the time he'd be recording the conversation on his phone.

I can't wait to see his next management presentation...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definately not the first time unfortunately!! I often reproach myself but I think I've truly surpassed myself this time.

OK, well to make yourself feel even better, I once 'came on' to a male friend at uni by asking him continually to sit beside me, making 'come to bed' eyes at him, and eventually when he didn't take the bait, my friend said I was actually making kissy kissy noises and gestures at him in front of around ten other people.

The guy is still one of my best friends to date and we see one another regularly. We've even been on holiday together although that evening is 'out of bounds' to be talked about.

Seriously, if people like you, and if you've just been silly rather than nasty, theres nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    mrsmetropolismrsmetropolis Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, believe me may of us have had real cringeworthy moments!
    Years ago I was teetering around a club in four inch heels after having one too many when I excitedly spotted this guy I really liked at the time. I went over and we chatted for a bit until I accidentally caught my heel in a crack in the floor...I ended up toppling over and believe it or not the entire contents of my glass went over my head, drenching my hair...:o
    What made it even worse...... he actually laughed! :mad:
    I remember disappearing into the ladies mortified and drying my hair under the hand drier and feeling too embaressed to face him lol.