Gary Barlow & Nicole Scherzinger - Relight My Fire (Live Gary Barlow & Friends)

JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
Forum Member
It was a great duet. Nicole was phenomenal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mcYBsFPIb24#!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Well, she is lucky she got a chance to sing with Gaz despite the crappy things she said to him on the show. She and Tulisa were there because it was an ITV special. I don't think he's friends with those two.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her, I hope she does a concert soon
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cali_girl wrote: »
    Well, she is lucky she got a chance to sing with Gaz despite the crappy things she said to him on the show. She and Tulisa were there because it was an ITV special. I don't think he's friends with those two.
    Erm what did she say about him.
    :confused:
  • tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This girl can do no wrong.

Is it just me or do her and Cheryl share so many things in common. Although Cheryl kisses will.i.am ass, him and Nicole are very close and were closer before him and chezza.

Derek and Nicole won DWTS and remains close with her but him and Cheryl haven't been seen together recently.

Cheryl and Gary sand together at Jubilee and I found ti appalling that she gets to sit on the panel discussing how people should sing. Gary and Nicole do a duet and she slays it.

Cheryl gets fired from US X Factor, Nicole gets the job.

Cheryl quits UK X Factor, Nicole gets the job. (In which Nicole was a much better judge)

Both performed on X Factor and Cheryl mimed and was rubbish and Nicole again slayed it.

Cheryl has Malaria and Nicole fills in.

Funny really :rolleyes::D;):p
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow- fantabulous! Nicole just gets more amazing.
  • amanda daisyamanda daisy Posts: 416
    Forum Member

I don't think they're what you call "real friends" either. You're right, part of the reason Nicole and Tulisa were invited was because the show was recorded on December the 6th, while X Factor was still on. However, I do believe there's a mutual respect between Gary and Nicole (there better be from Nicole!, because on the X Factor she did cross the line several times) and Gary needed a female voice anyway to do Lulu's part. Nicole did a good job, but I do agree with you, she should feel lucky and honored that she got to sing with Gary. Nicole is a good singer, but so are many others, Gary, on the other hand, is one in a million, he's multitalented and everyone who was there with him that night should appreciate the opportunity they've been given.
    Forum Member
    troy4783 wrote: »
    Erm what did she say about him.
    :confused:

well, there were several things: she booed him off stage, although she was to blame for the whole situation, she called him an "old fart", "horny", she nicknamed him "Borelow" - even if she intended it as a joke initially, the fact that she persisted in that joke became annoying and influenced some people's perception of Gary. her overall attitude towards Gary was mocking most of the time and the way she and Tulisa were supporting each other in their critique of Gary's acts was quite infuriating sometimes.
    However, having said this, I do have to mention that Nicole is much more pleasant than Tulisa and at least she can sing.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't think Nicole and Gary have that good of a relationship than Gary and Kelly Rowland, in interviews and even on air
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    well, there were several things: she booed him off stage, although she was to blame for the whole situation, she called him an "old fart", "horny", she nicknamed him "Borelow" - even if she intended it as a joke initially, the fact that she persisted in that joke became annoying and influenced some people's perception of Gary. her overall attitude towards Gary was mocking most of the time and the way she and Tulisa were supporting each other in their critique of Gary's acts was quite infuriating sometimes.
    However, having said this, I do have to mention that Nicole is much more pleasant than Tulisa and at least she can sing.
    You take the judges banter way to seriously even Gary has said it in interivews that they may a disagrement live on air but when they come if backstage it's all fine and they get on good.
  • vagbreathvagbreath Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lol your life
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that's a VOICE!
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tpau21 wrote: »
    This girl can do no wrong.

Is it just me or do her and Cheryl share so many things in common. Although Cheryl kisses will.i.am ass, him and Nicole are very close and were closer before him and chezza.

Derek and Nicole won DWTS and remains close with her but him and Cheryl haven't been seen together recently.

Cheryl and Gary sand together at Jubilee and I found ti appalling that she gets to sit on the panel discussing how people should sing. Gary and Nicole do a duet and she slays it.

Cheryl gets fired from US X Factor, Nicole gets the job.

Cheryl quits UK X Factor, Nicole gets the job. (In which Nicole was a much better judge)

Both performed on X Factor and Cheryl mimed and was rubbish and Nicole again slayed it.

Cheryl has Malaria and Nicole fills in.

Funny really :rolleyes::D;):p

In addition to that, both got their break on a TV talent show that looked to put together a girlband. They're literally the American/British version of each other, but Nicole is superior and Cheryl knows it. Thats probably why Cheryl doesn't like her. Shes threatened.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    In addition to that, both got their break on a TV talent show that looked to put together a girlband. They're literally the American/British version of each other, but Nicole is superior and Cheryl knows it. Thats probably why Cheryl doesn't like her. Shes threatened.

And both series called 'Popstars'.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »

Will.i.am actually asked Nicole to be in the Black Eyed Peas first, but her boyfriend said no so he found Fergie, but they've been close ever since.

Her vocals were amazing as per usual, she is always flawless at whatever she does. Can't wait for Boomerang.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Nicole is awesome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but the original version by Dan Hartman/Loleatta Holloway in 1980 is UNTOUCHABLE.

Any other version will be crass compared to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i thought him and nicole always seemed pretty friendly. they get along well...:confused:

EDIT: just read some subsequent comments, but most of that was banter, and gary can give as good as he gets. i think nicole even called him the "king of comebacks" or oneliners or something like that (on extra factor i think). they praise each other a lot in interviews and they seemed to enjoy a giggle too. even going by body language on the show they seemed very friendly. they quipped back and forth with each other a lot, but i don't think it was menacing. i do that all the time with my own friends. infact, the closer we are, the more we banter.
    i agree that nicole definitely seems a lot nicer than tulisa though. if there's anyone on that panel that i don't think there'll be any love lost between them, it'll be tulisa. her and nicole being involved in the text santa performance with dawn french was definitely itv's doing.
    Forum Member
    4troy7 wrote: »
    You take the judges banter way to seriously even Gary has said it in interivews that they may a disagrement live on air but when they come if backstage it's all fine and they get on good.

didn't I say that she intended it as a joke? I got that. my point was that her continuous use of that joke lit the way for the papers and other people to mock Gary. there have been plenty of articles since then labelling Gary as "Borelow" and she has to take responsibility for that. that's all I was saying. and let's not forget that Gary has been gracious about all the Robbie Williams situation in the past, but that did not mean he wasn't affected by it. so, you shouldn't always trust the appearances.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    there have been plenty of articles since then labelling Gary as "Borelow" and she has to take responsibility for that.

I'm certain I heard the term 'Borelow' when talking about Gary about 10 years before Nicole even came onto the scene!
    Forum Member
    4troy7 wrote: »
    Nicole probably thought she was being funny but it didn't come off that way. She maybe a good singer but she is nothing compared to Gary. She was part of a band named, "Pussycat Dolls". LMAO! She was disrespectful to him quite a few times. Despote the insults, Gary never talked back to her. Tulisa also made some ridiculous comments on last year's show but Kelly had Gary's back and she'd fight for him. Gaz and Kelly are friends. Nicole and Tulisa are not Gary's friends. As for Relight, Lulu STILL sings it better than anyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didn't I say that she intended it as a joke? I got that. my point was that her continuous use of that joke lit the way for the papers and other people to mock Gary. there have been plenty of articles since then labelling Gary as "Borelow" and she has to take responsibility for that. that's all I was saying. and let's not forget that Gary has been gracious about all the Robbie Williams situation in the past, but that did not mean he wasn't affected by it. so, you shouldn't always trust the appearances.

tbh, i think gary's a big boy now and has been through a hell of a lot worse in his time. he's old enough and wise enough to know how to take things - and if his own sense of humour is anything to go by, then i don't think he want's to shy away from anything or be mollycoddled.
    he spent literally years being a social pariah and the nations punchbag, and came through the other end of that with dignity, still pretty much the same person. he KNOWS there's ALWAYS going to be a queue of people waiting for amo to knock seven bells out of him, and he's smart enough to know that that amo only exists if he lets it. that's why he's the first to crack jokes about himself. why not? - everyone else will. but this way it's on his terms, and any "robbie" jokes, "fat" jokes, "boring", "balding", "flop" jokes....whatever....he's already freely made them about himself, see? water off a duck's back.
    Forum Member
    scamrasc wrote: »
    tbh, i think gary's a big boy now and has been through a hell of a lot worse in his time. he's old enough and wise enough to know how to take things - and if his own sense of humour is anything to go by, then i don't think he want's to shy away from anything or be mollycoddled.
    he spent literally years being a social pariah and the nations punchbag, and came through the other end of that with dignity, still pretty much the same person. he KNOWS there's ALWAYS going to be a queue of people waiting for amo to knock seven bells out of him, and he's smart enough to know that that amo only exists if he lets it. that's why he's the first to crack jokes about himself. why not? - everyone else will. but this way it's on his terms, and any "robbie" jokes, "fat" jokes, "boring", "balding", "flop" jokes....whatever....he's already freely made them about himself, see? water off a duck's back.
    I agree but that doesn't give people the right to throw insults at him. Him making jokes about himself is different from his colleague insulting him on national tv week after week for laughs. He was and still is, as gracious and dignified as ever. How he forgave that man child Robbie and his nasty insults is beyond me. He is a very very forgiving man but it annoys me when people think its ok to make fun of him like that because he only makes fun of those he's really close to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole probably thought she was being funny but it didn't come off that way. She maybe a good singer but she is nothing compared to Gary. She was part of a band named, "Pussycat Dolls". LMAO! She was disrespectful to him quite a few times. Despote the insults, Gary never talked back to her. Tulisa also made some ridiculous comments on last year's show but Kelly had Gary's back and she'd fight for him. Gaz and Kelly are friends. Nicole and Tulisa are not Gary's friends. As for Relight, Lulu STILL sings it better than anyone.

AS A GARY FAN....nicole's probably a better singer(:o). at least now anyway (gary is almost 42! nicole's still in her peak). she has extensive vocal training, including operatic. that girl's got killer power and range. although in saying that...i do think (on a purely personal level rather than a technical level) that her voice lacks a little something for me. a warmth perhaps, or a smoothness. that sonerous quality that gary has naturally without training. her voice is technically incredible, but doesn't do anything to move me (if that makes sense to anyone), unlike gary's, which i find to be a naturally more appealing voice. however, i still think gary's the infinitely more talented individual, as he's an all-rounder. the day she writes songs like never forget, patience, back for good, a million love songs or rule the world, i will fall at her feet and beg her to let me kiss them.
    (oh and, as a side note, and again as a massive take that fan....how on earth is "Take That" ANY better than "Pussycat Dolls"????:D:D:p)

almost forgot - edited to add: BIB - HELL YEAH!!!! to this day when i play relight my fire, lulu's bit still gives me chills and is the bit that really gets me up and going. no one since who has tried to fill in has ever come close. i'd say the best attempt was bev knight on the ultimate tour though.:)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    scamrasc wrote: »
    AS A GARY FAN....nicole's probably a better singer(:o). at least now anyway (gary is almost 42! nicole's still in her peak). she has extensive vocal training, including operatic. that girl's got killer power and range. although in saying that...i do think (on a purely personal level rather than a technical level) that her voice lacks a little something for me. a warmth perhaps, or a smoothness. that sonerous quality that gary has naturally without training. her voice is technically incredible, but doesn't do anything to move me (if that makes sense to anyone), unlike gary's, which i find to be a naturally more appealing voice. however, i still think gary's the infinitely more talented individual, as he's an all-rounder. the day she writes songs like never forget, patience, back for good, a million love songs or rule the world, i will fall at her feet and beg her to let me kiss them.
    (oh and, as a side note, and again as a massive take that fan....how on earth is "Take That" ANY better than "Pussycat Dolls"????:D:D:p)

almost forgot - edited to add: BIB - HELL YEAH!!!! to this day when i play relight my fire, lulu's bit still gives me chills and is the bit that really gets me up and going. no one since who has tried to fill in has ever come close. i'd say the best attempt was bev knight on the ultimate tour though.:)

I guess that's subjective for me personally she does have a warmness and when that tone is presented. It's wonderful....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wbw3lhy4Vk 3.05 :)
    Forum Member
    Speaking of the special, I have to say that I love his arrangement of The Flood. During the guitar solo, you can see the music flow through Gary's body. Amazing! I always thought he should have sang the lead on that one instead of RW. His voice suits the song much better. How awesome was James Corden singing Pray complete with the dance moves?! Oh and no one can sing Rule the world like Gazza. He just makes you feel the emotions. Watching him sing that song at the Olympics was something else.

As for Nicole, I don't care for her very much. I loved the chemistry between Gaz and Kelly. They genuinely liked each other and respected each other's opinions. And it was great fun to see Kelly crushing on him unapologetically. ;) I hope they record a song together or something.