Why do they let Diane Abbott out in public?

Tony_DanielsTony_Daniels Posts: 3,575
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I get that she's one of the few members of his cabinet who can be relied upon to loyally tow the party line but she never comes across as anything other than lightweight and smug and has to do the leadership she's trying to defend more damage when she opens her mouth.

She was doing the rounds yesterday and she answers every question my nodding her head, closing her eyes and smiling - as if the Syrian issue and split in her own party is light-hearted. On Sky I think it was she was interviewed in Westminster about the Syrian issue and she was practically grinning throughout the interview. For someone who has as much media experience as she has she seems incapable of not giving car crash interviews.

Comments

• spaccanautspaccanaut Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I get that she's one of the few members of his cabinet who can be relied upon to loyally tow the party line but she never comes across as anything other than lightweight and smug and has to do the leadership she's trying to defend more damage when she opens her mouth.

She was doing the rounds yesterday and she answers every question my nodding her head, closing her eyes and smiling - as if the Syrian issue and split in her own party is light-hearted. On Sky I think it was she was interviewed in Westminster about the Syrian issue and she was practically grinning throughout the interview. For someone who has as much media experience as she has she seems incapable of not giving car crash interviews.

Never thought I'd see that said about her! :D
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corbyn's election has sadly been meant a revival in her political fortunes, my soultion is avoid reading or hearing anything she says.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did catch her being interviewed on Sky News last night and she was pretty dreadful

I don't know if she was trying to be 'coquettish' or what......:D

Maybe she fancies Adam Boulton......
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member

She did not answer any ANY question on last nights newsnight . She did however say we should not bomb without troops on the ground . So it's bad to bomb Isis but good if our troops are on the ground. I hope the media bring her up on this ! I expect if any journalist dare she will as usual put her finger to her lips in a silence gesture or just ignore the fact that she said it
  • duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I did catch her being interviewed on Sky News last night and she was pretty dreadful

I don't know if she was trying to be 'coquettish' or what......:D

Maybe she fancies Adam Boulton......

Run Adam - for god sake run man!! :D
  • Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next week she's appearing on QT . A unbelievable comment about Mao from her shown on This Week last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB4o5n2EGyA
  • TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    tow is what you do to a wagon ......
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why??? probably because Jezzer rattled her bones many years ago.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Portillos reaction said it all. She can't seriously believe what she said. Scary if she does.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect she is loyal to JC.

anyway, they let out Comrade Abbott to pick up the kids from their fee paying school, don't they?
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,567
    Forum Member
    I expect she is loyal to JC.

anyway, they let out Comrade Abbott to pick up the kids from their fee paying school, don't they?

I think she only has one son, and he must be about 21 and well out of school by now!
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barney06 wrote: »
    Next week she's appearing on QT . A unbelievable comment about Mao from her shown on This Week last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB4o5n2EGyA
    "Mao did more good than harm" :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    "Mao did more good than harm" :o

Yep, he was a terrific bloke. Perhaps she'll give Portillo a copy of the little red book next week though I'm not how useful it will be on his railway travels.
  • mungobrushmungobrush Posts: 9,332
    Forum Member
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    Yep, he was a terrific bloke. Perhaps she'll give Portillo a copy of the little red book next week though I'm not how useful it will be on his railway travels.

Maybe labour could just adopt it as their manifesto
    It will save all those awkward policy debates
  • LamparillaLamparilla Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whenever I see her interviewed I can't stop thinking of Vicky Pollard
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was going to write down a list of things Abbott is good for but I've discovered I've run out of stamps.
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get that she's one of the few members of his cabinet who can be relied upon to loyally tow the Corbyn line but she never comes across as anything other than lightweight and smug and has to do the leadership she's trying to defend more damage when she opens her mouth.

I corrected that for you.. ;-)
    Forum Member
    Lamparilla wrote: »

Really? That's plain weird.
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I heard her today tell Nicky Campbell that Jerwemy isn't a pacifist.

Whenever I see her, the word Urko echoes in my brain, it must be something from my dim and distant past.:)
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Portillos reaction said it all. She can't seriously believe what she said. Scary if she does.

Mao and Stalin would have fitted right into Comrade Corbyn's cabinet. You gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette after all.
  • LamparillaLamparilla Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Really? That's plain weird.

In your opinion, of course.
  • D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    I think she only has one son, and he must be about 21 and well out of school by now!

Yes if her son is still at school in his twenties, the school is ripping her off!!
    Forum Member
    In your opinion, of course.

No, it's fact. :)
    Forum Member
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Mao and Stalin would have fitted right into Comrade Corbyn's cabinet. You gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette after all.

This thread is lurching into downright silliness.
  • rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to smile when Brillo recently referred to her as "Corbyn's spokesperson on Earth."

It didn't sound like it was meant to be complimentary to either of 'em.

For the life of me I can't figure why....:D:D:D