Options

If The Unthinkable Happens ......

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatima502 wrote: »
    It could happen. A bad mistake by Jay could be offset if the rest of the dance is flawless, but he could let him affect him as he did two weeks ago. The judges are going to need clear reasons for their choices and it wouldn't do the programme any harm to have a shock result.

should always expect the unexpected , that's how bookies make so much money ,
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do the teenies love pretty boys with neutered personalities and gelded minds? Is it because they can dress them up in one half of Barbie & Ken outfits and they don't complain?

See this is where you and I part company. Not that I'm a "teenie" (ha!) but I don't see a pretty boy, I don't see a neutered personality and I certainly don't see a gelded mind. I see a fairly attractive, young guy with an engaging personality (but not necessarily when he's just performed on live TV) and a well-stocked mind. I know that I wasn't the audience for your remark but I'd vote for Jay ahead of anyone else so I'm guessing I'm still equipped to answer your "why do you like Jay?" query. I can't answer for "teenies" but have answered for me. So shoot me :D.
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Why do the teenies love pretty boys with neutered personalities and gelded minds? Is it because they can dress them up in one half of Barbie & Ken outfits and they don't complain?

You have made a lot of housewives blush with that comment :D
  • Options
    OldShep56OldShep56 Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As a 60 yr old male, I find this comment quite offensive and I elevate you to Richard Cranium status.
    Neutered personality?? I would rather got out for a drink with this lad than the other male left in the competition! At least he isn't an egotistical perma tanned monkey who can't dance.
  • Options
    LukaForeverLukaForever Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    OldShep56 wrote: »
    As a 60 yr old male, I find this comment quite offensive and I elevate you to Richard Cranium status.
    Neutered personality?? I would rather got out for a drink with this lad than the other male left in the competition! At least he isn't an egotistical perma tanned monkey who can't dance.

Love you Shep :kitty::kitty:
    I'm way beyond my teenage years and this comment is hilariously wide off the mark.
    Pretty boy? Gleb he ain't, he's alright looking, not pretty. Gelded mind? What exactly is that supposed to mean? Beware of projection, I'd say...:cool:
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have made a lot of housewives blush with that comment :D

:blush::blush::blush:

My ovaries are very grateful :p
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bugger Jay...you're my favourite ;-)
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    :blush::blush::blush:

My ovaries are very grateful :p

Mine just turned over and went back to sleep :D:blush:
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    Bugger Jay...you're my favourite ;-)

that's a local saying i take it.... ^_^
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a matter of interest , just curious . Where are people seeing a "well stocked " mind . He seems a nice lad if a little young for his age . But he has barely spoken never mind given us any insight of a well stocked mind ?
  • Options
    VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member

Well, as a 60 year old you should know better that you don't have to diss another contestant to defend your favourite. You know, just saying.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    I dont like people referring to all Jay fans as " Jaypets " ^_^. I personally don't call him like that and I'm not particularly fond of that nickname tbh. Yes it seems like a term of endearment but It just pushes people to infantilize him so much; including a lot of his fans. Moreover, all Jay fans don't always share the same thoughts and agree on the same things regarding Jay .
    To answer your question OP, I wouldn't be surprised if the judges pull a Pixie then but I would like to think that they will save Jay...who knows really ?

Is it time for a history lesson :D

The Not Appreciation Thread (pauses while the general eye rolling and shuddering this usually brings settles down) has a tradition of having a thread pet from the contestants. It's not gender specific (Chelsee is and always will be Chelseepet), its not confined to the young and hunky (at one point Chris Hollins and Craig Kelly were in competition for the title), they don't always last the course (see Chris/Craig) but they are generally given the nod for not being micro-managed PR'd supersmashinggreats. Jay won the title (with competition from Anthony) for his general attitude on Twitter before even the launch night. Jay Thread Pet became Jaypet and a legend was born ;-)

Is it a bit of daft? Of course - but then this is a Saturday tea time tele programme where even the most well known rules are open to interpretion and are a bit on the fluid side, the head judge pickles his walnuts on a series basis and the mean judge alights from an exploding guitar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »

The Not Appreciation Thread (pauses while the general eye rolling and shuddering this usually brings settles down) has a tradition of having a thread pet from the contestants. It's not gender specific (Chelsee is and always will be Chelseepet), its not confined to the young and hunky (at one point Chris Hollins and Craig Kelly

You've got a twisted sense of humour in that thread, jaysus!
  • Options
    la profesorala profesora Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I passed my half century several years ago and my youngest son is at the latter end of his teens but yes I often vote for Jay. Why? It's really quite simple. I love to watch him dance. He is elegant when he needs to be, he is funky when he needs to be and, in my opinion, is genuinely a very talented dancer. If you need to dismiss my voting for him as some sort of disfunction in my hormones, then go ahead. Whatever makes you feel better.
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they already know who they'd save in all possible situations, which I think they'll engineer anyway so to be in charge of who's in the bottom two with whom. I still don't think that non-jive choreography was Janette's doing.

But since Peter can't do the whole tour due to a court date or something? Anyway, they'd save Jay. Over everybody I imagine, barring major injury or something. He's the jewel in the crown for the tour I betcha.
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Something about them being non-threatening, as I read once about the weird phenomenon of Frank Sinatra becoming a teen idol in the 1940s. Short, skinny, wimpy... well, not that Jay is short or skinny, mind you, but I'd say he's definitely in the non-threatening category.
  • Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay will never be in the dance-off so thats not a possiblity:)

If we suspend reality and imagine he was, the judges would vote Peter out. Not just because of their dance record, but because of the controversy of last week. And they're not daft, they know how popular Jay is....they don't want death wishes on their heads!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elsa wrote: »
    Something about them being non-threatening, as I read once about the weird phenomenon of Frank Sinatra becoming a teen idol in the 1940s. Short, skinny, wimpy... well, not that Jay is short or skinny, mind you, but I'd say he's definitely in the non-threatening category.

Yes, he's basically the boy next door, the accessible kind.
  • Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VicsMum wrote: »
    Yes, he's basically the boy next door, the accessible kind.

I think hes roughly the same age as Ed Sheeran and reminds me of him personality wise and how they approach things (comes across as a bit goofy and insecure, but actually quite confident underneath)
  • Options
    OldShep56OldShep56 Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VicsMum wrote: »
    Well, as a 60 year old you should know better that you don't have to diss another contestant to defend your favourite. You know, just saying.

So it is ok for the OP to diss anyone supporting Jay???? But I should know better?
    I really can't be arsed to reply to this ............ now I know why I stay on the NAT thread.

Oh, as a matter of record, I have backed Georgia heavily to win,
  • Options
    LukaForeverLukaForever Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    I passed my half century several years ago and my youngest son is at the latter end of his teens but yes I often vote for Jay. Why? It's really quite simple. I love to watch him dance. He is elegant when he needs to be, he is funky when he needs to be and, in my opinion, is genuinely a very talented dancer. If you need to dismiss my voting for him as some sort of disfunction in my hormones, then go ahead. Whatever makes you feel better.

I underwrite this 100%. He can move, has a certain something that is rare. Remember Len saying 'I don't get excited very often, but you excite me', wasn't it after the waltz?
    My hormones stay fast asleep, but I love watching him and Aliona.
  • Options
    Bless YouBless You Posts: 4,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They would save Jay.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bless You wrote: »
    They would save Jay.

Do you think so.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »

The Not Appreciation Thread (pauses while the general eye rolling and shuddering this usually brings settles down) has a tradition of having a thread pet from the contestants. It's not gender specific (Chelsee is and always will be Chelseepet), its not confined to the young and hunky (at one point Chris Hollins and Craig Kelly were in competition for the title), they don't always last the course (see Chris/Craig) but they are generally given the nod for not being micro-managed PR'd supersmashinggreats. Jay won the title (with competition from Anthony) for his general attitude on Twitter before even the launch night. Jay Thread Pet became Jaypet and a legend was born ;-)

Is it a bit of daft? Of course - but then this is a Saturday tea time tele programme where even the most well known rules are open to interpretion and are a bit on the fluid side, the head judge pickles his walnuts on a series basis and the mean judge alights from an exploding guitar.

That is possibly the most sensible post I have read all week, :)
  • Options
    missmuffett27missmuffett27 Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Unless he completely fell to pieces, I can't see Jay being worse than Peter. If he did end up in the dance off though, the nerves could get to him.

I find Peter intensely irritating and I'm not a fan of his dancing but do think there would have been far less fuss if any other of the remaining celebs had been saved over Jamelia. I think the fact that Andre is made of cheese and appears to be favoured has helped blow this one up.

What a great description of Pduh,although a tad unkind to les fromages du monde !