Options

Nate and Aaron- Neighbours

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,554
Forum Member
✭✭
Neighbours are trying to throw Nate and Aaron together but neither character has any chemistry with each other!

Comments

• Options
    Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of the gay couples have had much chemistry unfortunately. I'm glad they havent thrown them together right away though, it's quite good the way they're hating on each other more than liking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The jury is still out on whether Matt Wilson can actually act in my opinion!
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    He's pretty but not the strongest of actors.

Maybe they should take it slow with both character before properly rushing into it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Matt has acted before, he is a model.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Nate would be better with Tyler. They do have good chemistry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I think Nate would be better with Tyler. They do have good chemistry.

Tyler is straight though, I think.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Tyler is straight though, I think.

I know. I'm just airing my fantasy. Plus it's soap... he could always change his mind! :D
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I know. I'm just airing my fantasy. Plus it's soap... he could always change his mind! :D

Only if it were Hollyoaks.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe I am being tough on Matt Wilson, he has only just joined the show.
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The jury is still out on whether Matt Wilson can actually act in my opinion!

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    Maybe I am being tough on Matt Wilson, he has only just joined the show.
    I think he's pretty limited. But, he can always improve over time. While Nate and Aaron don't have much chemistry, I do like how they've written the story so far. Hopefully the actors will warm to each other over time.

ITA with Creamtea about Nate/Tyler - they do have great chemistry. But, it's not just the gay couples that often haven't had chemistry, but also the straight ones too, like Amber/Josh, and Amber/Daniel.
  • Options
    anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or Nate not really annoying. He comes across as smug and judgemental and keeps pulling all these stupid faces. He's one of those characters I just can't stand. It's only been recently that I've started to find him so annoying. Anyway that aside the two of them have no chemistry and I don't think Aaron would be interested in Nate. He seems like a nice friendly guy and he could do much better than Nate. Chris and Aaron yes but Nate and Aaron, no way.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    anndra_w wrote: »
    Is it just me or Nate not really annoying. He comes across as smug and judgemental and keeps pulling all these stupid faces. He's one of those characters I just can't stand. It's only been recently that I've started to find him so annoying. Anyway that aside the two of them have no chemistry and I don't think Aaron would be interested in Nate. He seems like a nice friendly guy and he could do much better than Nate. Chris and Aaron yes but Nate and Aaron, no way.

I've not been able to warm to Nate either. He's always grumpy, has a very monotone voice and seems to possess only one facial expression. His eyebrows are quite lively though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like Nate & Aaron are going to get together- clichéd?
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    Not cliché at all.

I've loved their slow burn romance, as they slowly realise they like one another. I know it was the plan from the start to romantically pair them, but at least they didn't fall for each other instantly, like they did with Chris and his numerous love interests.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This past week, Aaron's become one of my favourite characters. He's actually quite funny. I like him and Nate and I'm also very glad that Nate's PTSD has been remembered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Matt Wilson's acting is fairly weak but I think he will improve as time goes by, Aaron is actually a nice character and he seems quite sensitive and has some depth which I like. Nate is very different from Aaron but they may well be good for one another in the long run.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    Not cliché at all.

I've loved their slow burn romance, as they slowly realise they like one another. I know it was the plan from the start to romantically pair them, but at least they didn't fall for each other instantly, like they did with Chris and his numerous love interests.

I applaud Neighbours for recognizing same sex couples unlike its rival soap H & A.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Nate and Aaron now as a couple.
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    I've only seen clips online but let's face it Aaron would not go out with nate, and it's not even just the looks thing but nate is a complete misery from what I've seen, they appear to have been put together for the sake of putting them together
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    I've only seen clips online but let's face it Aaron would not go out with nate, and it's not even just the looks thing but nate is a complete misery from what I've seen, they appear to have been put together for the sake of putting them together

Do you think Aaron is too good looking for Nate?
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Do you think Aaron is too good looking for Nate?

Personally I think so yes, like I say though I could be sold on this if nate had the personality egde, charisma etc, but aaron appears to hold the key on this too
  • Options
    MadgeMadge Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    Personally I think so yes, like I say though I could be sold on this if nate had the personality egde, charisma etc, but aaron appears to hold the key on this too

This is pretty much my feeling.

I can't see me ever warming to Nate - there is a coldness about him, a lack or feeling or warmth, even when he's being nice.
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    I was very much anti Nate but recently he's grown on me. I like them together
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From my experience gay men tend to be attracted to men who are similar to them, Nate and Aaron are very different however like Christian and Syed were in EE but TV does not always reflect reality.