9200T failing to record

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
Forum Member
I bought a 9200T as a present for my parents last xmas. It's worked fine until last week when it would no longer complete scheduled recordings.

Attempted recordings appear in the scheduling list. At the record start time the on-screen and front-panel indicators do not appear. At the record stop time, the item is removed from the scheduling list but nothing appears in the recorded programmes list.

Old recordings still on the HDD appear on the recorded programmes list and can be played.

I discovered their s/w was very old (1.00.00), so got them to update to 1.00.06 this Monday afternoon which they did successfully. I then told them to reset to factory defaults.

The recordings still fail to complete.

Any suggestions or is this a warranty claim?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a bit bizar - especially as you say the hard disk is still definiately visible to the PVR but it cant record. I cant think of anything apart from a replacement under warranty. Jon if you call Humax helpdesk they may be able to tell you what to do over the phone and there is a chance they can get it going without a warranty call out being needed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Sorry if this isn't helpful, but are you sure the playlist is for TV not radio ? I vaguely recall you toggle between with left/right cursor, and it can easily be done by accident, making you think nothing is recorded ?

Also have you switched off at the back, waited 30 secs then switch on again to see if this clears it ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    It is a bit bizar - especially as you say the hard disk is still definiately visible to the PVR but it cant record. I cant think of anything apart from a replacement under warranty. Jon if you call Humax helpdesk they may be able to tell you what to do over the phone and there is a chance they can get it going without a warranty call out being needed
    Is the Humax helpdesk open at weekends? Just I'll be down there this weekend and my parents are not very tech savvy.
    Forum Member
    jblackmore wrote:
    Sorry if this isn't helpful, but are you sure the playlist is for TV not radio ? I vaguely recall you toggle between with left/right cursor, and it can easily be done by accident, making you think nothing is recorded ?
    If you mean the recordings list, it is for TV. I was able to view old recordings.
    jblackmore wrote:
    Also have you switched off at the back, waited 30 secs then switch on again to see if this clears it ?
    I'll get them to try that. Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    i had a problem with the machine not recording programs from the record menu or just manually.if i deleted an old recording it recorded for a while.and then stopped...again...after about 2-3 recordings.
    if this sounds like ure problem then i seamed to have solved it by formatting the harddrive (althoug this means losing all recordings in the process)
    Forum Member
    i had a problem with the machine not recording programs from the record menu or just manually.if i deleted an old recording it recorded for a while.and then stopped...again...after about 2-3 recordings.
    if this sounds like ure problem then i seamed to have solved it by formatting the harddrive (althoug this means losing all recordings in the process)
    Cheers Paul. On Saturday morning I tried powering off the PVR for 60 seconds. This had no effect so I formatted the HDD. Everything worked fine then and I was able to record from the schedule and also instant record.

Saturday evening it had stopped working so I again formatted the HDD after which instant record was possible. Overnight I scheduled 3 or 4 recordings. This morning the first two recordings had completed successfully, the second two had failed.

I tried powering off the PVR for 60 seconds and instant recording was again possible.

I've asked my parents to keep an eye on the availabilty of recording by trying an instant record every morning. If the record fails I've told them to power off for 60 seconds. I'll see what happens over the next week or so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    it sounds like a faulty machine to me!
    if the format had not worked first time for me,then it was going back to humax.
    you can't keep doing what your doing,as it's not doing the job you bought it for....
    i'd get humax involved NOW!!!