Options

Kavarian to return and finally be brought to justice ? (spec for S7 part 2 )

Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Human villains are allways worse then any kind of supernatural creature or allien the doctor faces.
She could easily come back when the universe realises the doctors "death" was faked. Kavarians greatest achievement turns out to be her greatest failure. Reckon she and the silence will not be too pleased about that. Instead of terminating her like they did in TWORS they might just say "Go and finish the job".They say there is more then one way to skin a cat or kill a timelord!. So she prepares a second attempt on the doctors life to stop him reaching Trenzalore and answering that pesky question. Wonder what Cora will think of her if they meet ?. Would have liked Amy or River to defeat her in a hair pulling contest:rolleyes: but Cora can be a close substitute. Or just get the teselecta to haul her off to jail. Reckon prison or a sticky end is just what she deserves for hurting all 3 Ponds and trying to kill our hero. What would you like to see done with her?.

Comments

• Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I would definitely like to see Kovarian back, Nu-Who is definitely missing a strong female antagonist. I thought we were going to get one in the shape of Kovarian, but come the Series 6 finale she was reduced to being a simple eye-patch wearing villain who could only make witty remarks about The Doctor and River. I think there's still time to fix that though, and it might be interesting at a later stage, even if just for the one episode, that we look at Kovarian in greater detail, see what her motives are and such :)
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    I agree Kovarian would be a very welcome return. We don't know for sure that The Silents killed her, but equally The Doctor could meet an earlier version of her. She knows who he is, so they could have met in her timeline before Demon's Run.

I'd like to see her in a story not involving The Silents.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    The Silents didn't kill her as everything got reset at the end of that episode so Madame Kovarian is still out there, am hoping she makes a return too, think she's brilliant and she needs an episode focusing mainly on her.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Ricmcc1766 wrote: »
    The Silents didn't kill her as everything got reset at the end of that episode so Madame Kovarian is still out there, am hoping she makes a return too, think she's brilliant and she needs an episode focusing mainly on her.

Of course, the aborted timeline. My memory really is flagging these days. :D
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Kovarian returns, her story didn't seem complete.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    We'll see her again I bet though probably not for a while.
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Ricmcc1766 wrote: »

That being the case, why at the end of the episode, is Amy upset that she deliberately killed someone ?
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Peplow, it's spelled Kovarian, not Kavarian and it's Clara, not Cora.
  • Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    That being the case, why at the end of the episode, is Amy upset that she deliberately killed someone ?

Just because Kovarian's not actually dead, doesn't mean Amy didn't kill her. It's more the fact that she did than the actual physical effects of the act :)
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Because she deliberately killed someone. Whether that person actually stayed dead or not is somewhat beside the point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i want Kovarian back!

I have a feeling we will see her again and the Silence (all of them!) come the Fields Of Trenzalore....maybe we will FINALLY see why Kovarian wants the Doctor dead in a previous meeting Pre-Amy/Rory/River OR later on realising the doctor faked his own demise! or both!

But i agree, Kovarian is the makings of an iconic female villain and i certainly hope we see and hear more of her!
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,633
    Forum Member
    When are we gonna get her back though. Frances barber says she wants to come back and I would like to see her on her own away from the silence where she kinda gets storyline similar to a master one taking on the doctor like john simm did. She was under used as too simplistic
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kovarian is actually the Rani, and she wants the Doctor brought to justice (dead) for killing the Time-Lord race, her people too...

That should stir it :D
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Peplow, it's spelled Kovarian, not Kavarian and it's Clara, not Cora.

leave her alone, she's drunk :D
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    It may be a bit of a cliche, but it would somewhat make sense for the character to come back opposing the Silence - having obsessively devoted herself to their aims, she found out that they would throw her life away as easily as anyone else's. That depends on whether she remembers the events of the aborted timeline, of course.
  • Options
    Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gin&Tonic wrote: »
    Kovarian is actually the Rani, and she wants the Doctor brought to justice (dead) for killing the Time-Lord race, her people too...

You may be right Gin as I haven't seen anything yet to explain her motivation otherwise. Bring back the Rani:D:D
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady of Traken, Daveyboy has started a thread about your story. Would be interesting to hear your views on it in the thread :)
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gin&Tonic wrote: »

I would not be surprised if this did turn out to be the case.

It always irked me a bit that a (presumably) human scientist had the knowledge to create a (semi) Timelord out of Melody Pond.

If she actually was a Timelord Scientist on the other hand it makes more sense.