Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I think the question should be about would you recommend to their target market. But that'd be too straightfoward wouldn't it.
    I guess so :)
    Lizaj wrote: »
    Oh has Louis fallen into the trap of being this week's pompous prat. .

He sort of did a double-somersault with one and a half twists with pike and dove in rather than just fell. :D

I feel sorry for him and I could see his wife getting emotional on his behalf.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I liked the two girls but did agree that their clothing was innapropriate for cooking and serving. as a caterer, we had to pass the hygiene certificate, adhere to health and safety and food laws but it seems they dont have to in B&Bs and can do it anyhow.

It isnt as silly as it seems, aprons and long sleeved clothing would prevent burns from spitting oil or fat from the grilled or fried food, drips or spillages. It is for their own good as much as their customers especially if the clothing they wear is then worn out in the street. I dont care for the two dictatorial men but one of their wives was right in saying the right clothing should be worn. I suspect a visit from Environmental Health is due there after the show has aired.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I liked the two girls but did agree that their clothing was innapropriate for cooking and serving. as a caterer, we had to pass the hygiene certificate, adhere to health and safety and food laws but it seems they dont have to in B&Bs and can do it anyhow...

I presume thats becouse a B&B, like a pub, is considered primarily to be someones home which invites people to stay/drink? I wouldn't be at all phased by their dress if they were pulling pints so I'm not sure why it would be a problem dealing with food.
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The seance woman saying the foreigner has travelled. Reminds me of Dara OBriain talking about mediums in Ireland saying "have you lost a Mary" :D

Uncanny isn't it?

The infamous Derek Acorah:

"Mary loves Dick." :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    A local B&B took part in the last series and they were certainly advised by the production team about the activity. I know quite a few people in this area who have holiday homes to let and who were really enthusiastic about our area being showcased, especially as it is so beautiful around here - but where did they take them - some bloody stupid outward bound course at least fifteen miles away. Totally random.

Interesting. I think they are being 'advised' to be ultra harsh with their marks this week and to put 'No' if they are really not completely over the moon about the place. It's really noticeable how differently the forms are suddenly being completed overall.

And I have been disappointed in the past when we've seen nothing of an area I'm particularly keen to see!
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think they are all game playing this week, its all a bit suspect with all the no's twice on the run.
  • SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I read the article (thanks) and the bit at the end reminded me that in the excerpt from tomorrow's programme the others find out that they can't have fried eggs for breakfast because Toni doesn't know how to make them! Quite mind-boggling. :eek:
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for that.......ohhhh, tomorrows episode looks as though it might be`interesting`:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How bizarre to say that she can't fry an egg yet. :confused::D Yet she can poach one, which should be even more of a challenge. Perhaps she should make a new list - Things to do before I am 60.

Or perhaps she should have cracked the egg problem :o before she opened a B&B which usually requires a "Full English" as basic service.
  • Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: :eek: How can you not know how to fry an egg? What is there to learn exactly? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    I still think they are all game playing this week, its all a bit suspect with all the no's twice on the run.
    A week of people who are not likeable. I find that only Lorraine and Gino are amusing. Karen and her partner and Toni are all awful gameplayers too, just because they oppose a pillock like Louis doesnt make them the good guys.
    SueG wrote: »
    I read the article (thanks) and the bit at the end reminded me that in the excerpt from tomorrow's programme the others find out that they can't have fried eggs for breakfast because Toni doesn't know how to make them! Quite mind-boggling. :eek:
    jamtamara wrote: »
    How bizarre to say that she can't fry an egg yet. :confused::D Yet she can poach one, which should be even more of a challenge. Perhaps she should make a new list - Things to do before I am 60.

Or perhaps she should have cracked the egg problem :o before she opened a B&B which usually requires a "Full English" as basic service.
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: How can you not know how to fry an egg? What is there to learn exactly? :confused:

I can't help but feel that not being able to fry and egg is simply Toni being the way she is, difficult and keen to set herself aside slightly.

She has raised two children without frying an egg? I am simply not stupid enough to believe her, the silly pretentious woman.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She doesn't know how to fry an egg and "that's next years project"??!! :eek: What an utterly bizzare woman. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have quickly reviewed tonights show and I still think I have seen Louis before.
    BUT It may just be that he has a look of Terry Jones about him, if that's the case I apologise for bugging people with it, especially Birthday Girl who is probably still trawling the internet searching for lookeelikies :):o
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Strange choice as I'm sure there's a lot of people who wouldn't want to get involved.
    I wonder if the production team are 'suggesting' activities these days as really if you wanted to promote your business surely the best thing to do is to show the viewers the area in some way - St Austel and Portmadoc are both in very picturesque areas - though admitedly the 'liquid sunshine' may have had an influence:D

Good thinking. Maybe the production team are involved and thought a seance would cause a fuss. As I said, I wouldn't have done it because I saw The Exorcist! :eek::eek::eek
    Personally, I though it a really bad choice of activity.

Yes, both St Austel and Porthmadoc are lovely areas. Why not show something of the local area and try and attract more tourists?
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have quickly reviewed tonights show and I still think I have seen Louis before.
    BUT It may just be that he has a look of Terry Jones about him, if that's the case I apologise for bugging people with it, especially Birthday Girl who is probably still trawling the internet searching for lookeelikies :):o

BIB You have seen him before. When he was younger, he used to play Parker in Thunderbirds. :D

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnzpPmu2iPl-k7_TtUb-
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    Lorraine was right about that woman not dressing properly to serve breakfast.

Yes, I agree, and the tattoos made her look worse! I just don't like them, I think they look dirty!

But I did think the B&B was ok and reasonably priced, and I thought it was a tad unfair for them all to say they wouldn't stay there again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »

Ha ha! Do agree with you, it can't be that difficult to learn. Toni must grill everything else.

The other week at Ben's the chef coudn't provide scrambled eggs!

What is it with these eggs!

ps - ewoodie, I was terrified by 'The Exorcist' too, I can still remember being too scared to sleep after watching it! :eek:
  • TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toni needs to watch that episode of the hotel where Mark shows the chef how to fry an egg.

Turn the gas up high so you get the crispy bit underneath....... Doh!!
  • stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not warming to anybody this week. Louis of course is the chief culprit without seemingly any redeeming features but then the rest of them aren't much better. Surprised Toni said she would not stay at the girls place again when she really got on we'll with them. Can't be just to do with the lack of double glazing?
    The seance was absolute pants. Do they put that down as one of the B&B facilities? I.e. wi fi not available but you can speak to the dead?
    All in all not the best week but I'll still be watching.
    Please can we have some hotels /B&Bs that cater to animals. Would love to bring my pussy with me when I holiday.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frying an egg perfectly, ie without uncooked "Goo" yet keeping the yolk runny without breaking it , is actually quite hard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not warming to anybody this week. Louis of course is the chief culprit without seemingly any redeeming features but then the rest of them aren't much better. Surprised Toni said she would not stay at the girls place again when she really got on we'll with them. Can't be just to do with the lack of double glazing?
    The seance was absolute pants. Do they put that down as one of the B&B facilities? I.e. wi fi not available but you can speak to the dead?
    All in all not the best week but I'll still be watching.
    Please can we have some hotels /B&Bs that cater to animals. Would love to bring my pussy with me when I holiday.

:D re first BIB

Second BIB: Did you see the Cat Lady week? I think her name is Eileen but I'm sure others on here can find her for you. She has a lovely Art Deco bathroom. I'm not sure whether she takes cats herself but it's worth seeing in any case.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Frying an egg perfectly, ie without uncooked "Goo" yet keeping the yolk runny without breaking it , is actually quite hard.

I agree - especially if its just one person cooking and serving and even more so if the guests are being picky!
    Lets face it - some will definitely have ordered poached, some scrambled and some fried - getting all those right and reasonably together is going to be quite a feat, maybe we should appreciate those who do manage it on their own a little bit more:D
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My name is MrsG and I can't fry an egg:o

It's the one way I can't make an egg which is properly edible.

Would Eileen allow cats in? I would be interested to know, or does she want cat lovers to come and enjoy only her cats? They might not be so welcoming to other cats in their house.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    For me, it's much easier to get perfect poached eggs compared to a really nice, white-cooked, yolk runny, but not oily or fatty fried egg.

If I'd been Toni, I think I might have figured out that learning to fry an egg might be a good thing to practice pre-appearance on 4iaB.
This discussion has been closed.