Options

TeamRock

Comments

• Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So until then we have engine sounds and the same clips being played every half hour?
  • Options
    Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They said on twitter that music and programmes will be introduced over the coming weeks

With the Virgin test transmissions they gradually added live pilot programmes as the launch day approached, returning to the loop at the end of the programme.
  • Options
    norderneynorderney Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just listening to the engine noise of TeamRock, reminded me a few years ago Digital 1 were broadcasting a loop of Bird Song. The Bird Song channel was quite relaxing. Can't say the same about an Engine though!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    CharlieCharlie Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, we've had a little foreplay and now we’re taking it to the next level. From 4 PM tomorrow we’ll be playing tunes
  • Options
    ErwinErwin Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks for the stream URL's. Sound quality not bad. Don't think this is the Behringer processor as viewed on the Facebook page.
  • Options
    mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got Ford dab headunit in their car , a sony branded one ? As the same thing as happened again , I can't get the extra staion ,it's just not appearing on my Mutiplex list.

This happened before when they had to many stations on the Mutiplex .

Thing is when I was in London yesterday with London 3 all their 16 station were there and all worked .

So it's only on digital one ?
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks. Now added to my internet radio.
  • Options
    MackmanMackman Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    mjdj1689 wrote: »
    Anyone got Ford dab headunit in their car , a sony branded one ? As the same thing as happened again , I can't get the extra staion ,it's just not appearing on my Mutiplex list.

This happened before when they had to many stations on the Mutiplex .

Thing is when I was in London yesterday with London 3 all their 16 station were there and all worked .

So it's only on digital one ?

Same here, anymore than 13 stations on D1 and one station disappears, no great loss though music in digital mono just doesn't work for me, thank goodness for Radio 2 and USB mp3 music files when I'm driving, all in glorious S T E R E O :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Now on radio player
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now on radio player

We knew yesterday, we're anoraks after all! :D;)
  • Options
    Alan ThewAlan Thew Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought once the digital switchover finished the stations missing would launch like Freeview HD did

As Hans says, there's no date for a radio switchover yet, and the TV switchover has nothing to do with radio. Analogue and digital TV were both broadcast within the same block of frequencies, so they were essentially fighting with each other for air space. That's why some digital services could not be started until the analogue ones were finally switched off, to make room. This isn't the case with radio: FM is broadcast using a lower-frequency block than DAB; the two don't overlap. So FM does not need to be switched off to free up room for DAB services. Any decisions about increasing digital reach to coincide with removing analogue will be political, not technical.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Test transmission, second phase just started. Too much heavy metal for a 'broad rock format'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The audio breaks up a bit, but the audio quality is good. I'm not sure if the break-up is to do with the loudness of the sort of music the station plays.

I'm not sure why a digital-only radio station needs to do this amount of test transmissions. Admitedly though I like rock, I'm not an expert on rock music. However, so far I am enjoying Team Rock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    The audio breaks up a bit, but the audio quality is good. I'm not sure if the break-up is to do with the loudness of the sort of music the station plays.

I'm not sure why a digital-only radio station needs to do this amount of test transmissions. Admitedly though I like rock, I'm not an expert on rock music. However, so far I am enjoying Team Rock.

Same audio issue here. Audio drops out sometimes. Overall sound quality is fine, but to much drop outs.
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »

Erwin wrote: »
    Same audio issue here. Audio drops out sometimes. Overall sound quality is fine, but to much drop outs.

Just had a listen on the internet stream and audio seems good on there with no drop outs.

Anyone know if/when they'll be launching a website for the station?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »
    Just had a listen on the internet stream and audio seems good on there with no drop outs.

Maybe, they fix it. I'll give it a try later tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's fixed on DAB and sounds good, the audio on Planet Rock seems a lot "flatter" in comparison.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Thanks for feedback - always welcome.

The audio is coming from a different audio route this week but switches to the main one within a week or so that should correct any issues. I think we've sorted it already in any case.

We are also using this time to play around mostly with the processing over the next few days in order to get it just right. We have an 'expert' on the case although I have no idea what qualifies as an expert in this particular case. He assures us he knows what buttons do what! It will always be the PD's decision in the end what the processing will end up sounding like.

Anyway, work in progress as they say... early days yet.

TEAM
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont like metal so not for me. I think you will have to be real hardcore metal fan for this station. Good luck to them though.
  • Options
    GiarcYekrubGiarcYekrub Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm loving this station, listening via the radioplayer app, sounds great
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Listened for a good hour now. Good mix of Metal, New, Classics and tracks I've not heard of but I expected that.

The difference on DAB between Team Rock and Planet is very marked in programming but more so in terms of sound quality. It really hits you when you switch between the two. Either TR has better processing or it is just the difference between 64kb and 80kb. Planet Rock will have to find some more DAB space to at least sound as good technically.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are both 80k.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too much heavy metal stuff. I hear no wide variety of rock styles. So it's too unilaterally.

B.t.w. still the anoying drop outs in the audio stream.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised there isn't even a basic website, but maybe websites are less necessary at this stage of a radio station's life because of social networks.

My only criticism having listened between 4 and 6 and since about 10:30, is that it is a bit too Kerrangy.