George Michael Falls Out Of Car

Comments

• ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    I still don't see why he wasn't more seriously injured or even killed if the car was actually going 70 mph and he fell out even if he was on drugs. And I also think if the door was actually not shut, an alarm or notification would go off or flash which the driver would notice.

Range Rovers have a dinging alarm which does your head in if the door is even a teeny bit not shut correctly. The story all seems very strange to me.
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read about this and thought he must have been either drunk or on drugs. I am glad he is ok because he a very talented man.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive done the "open and close door" thing in cars before, but when theyre going just a few miles an hour, not 70!!:eek:

It does sound like this is not the whole story. Why open a car door at 70 mph, whatever your concern about the door. Surely you'd realise thats dangerous??
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Ive done the "open and close door" thing in cars before, but when theyre going just a few miles an hour, not 70!!:eek:

It does sound like this is not the whole story. Why open a car door at 70 mph, whatever your concern about the door. Surely you'd realise thats dangerous??

And surely you'd realise the door was semi-open long before you actually got on the motorway, because the range rover's alarm would be driving you mad?

The whole thing is bizarre and there's something odd about all this, IMO.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love George Michael to pull himself together before he ends up killing himself, but I fear that it might be too late for him now, hopefully I am wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    So he obviously wasn't wearing his seat belt. So it serves him right. He is so lucky to have survived without losing his skin - as many a motorcyclist will tell you - tarmac v skin - the tarmac ALWAYS wins.

I feel more sorry for all the motorists affected by this.

No other motorists involved
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luca wrote: »
    Suicide attempt?

I think perhaps so too.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Why are people assuming that he wants to kill himself? He seemed very happy that he survived pneumonia! Have I missed something?
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »
    I would love George Michael to pull himself together before he ends up killing himself, but I fear that it might be too late for him now, hopefully I am wrong.

I'm not a fan, and I wish him no harm but he's acting like a nutbag. It's almost like he has a deathwish. :confused: Hope he sorts himself out.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    It is a very strange old story:confused:
    Why am I thinking he was being driven to rehab or something and wasn't in to the idea, maybe I am clutching at straws but it just seems too odd to be an accident.
    Anyway I am glad he escaped relatively unharmed, bloody lucky from the sounds of it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    It is a very strange old story:confused:
    Why am I thinking he was being driven to rehab or something and wasn't in to the idea, maybe I am clutching at straws but it just seems too odd to be an accident.
    Anyway I am glad he escaped relatively unharmed, bloody lucky from the sounds of it

Actually that sounds viable. And for the poster who said he seems upbeat after his illness... Maybe this is the fluffy PR response for the public. The illness could have made him feel even more despairing.
    Only conjuncture but the official story if this accident doesn't sound right...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    S'funny about George Michael. By rights at this point he should be living the good life. A middle aged successful pop star,should have business ventures;maybe championing younger bands,releasing album every few yrs and having good sales from a core audience. Im thinking like Rod Stewart or Elton...
    But i agree he's on a downward spiral & I fear some predictions here may prove to be right. Is he the next Witney Houston??
    I presume addiction is involved here in some way??
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    He was looking for fast love
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor George. His life seems to be rather surreal these days.

To fall out of a car, you would need to unbuckle your seatbelt as well as open the door.

I hope it was just an accident and he didn't fall, try to escape or get pushed.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Actually that sounds viable. And for the poster who said he seems upbeat after his illness... Maybe this is the fluffy PR response for the public. The illness could have made him feel even more despairing.
    Only conjuncture but the official story if this accident doesn't sound right...

I don't know but all sounds a bit odd and I am pretty fond of him so wishing him all the best
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course it could have been a bizarre accident a la Brian Harvey - but given GM's history, I'm sadly inclined not to think so.
    The real story as to what happened with Brian is quite different.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor George. His life seems to be rather surreal these days.

To fall out of a car, you would need to unbuckle your seatbelt as well as open the door.

I hope it was just an accident and he didn't fall, try to escape or get pushed.

I know people who've done some pretty crazy things in cars when having a panic attack - including some pretty stupid driving on a roundabout because of a spider.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    It is a very strange old story:confused

It is. Even down to the woman who helped him being what I'd call suspiciously photogenic.

Something about it just seems very "off" and I can't help but wonder if it's some kind of exceptionally bizarre publicity stunt.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,751
    Forum Member
    Maybe Top Gear could test to see which vehicle it's best to fall out of at 70mph on a motorway and survive?
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is. Even down to the woman who helped him being what I'd call suspiciously photogenic.

Something about it just seems very "off" and I can't help but wonder if it's some kind of exceptionally bizarre publicity stunt.

Not suspiciously, she is hot!
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

..Go out once in awhile mate, not all British women look like the scruffs on Jeremy Kyle.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well keep in mind they may not have actually been doing 70 MPH. It seems the speed involved is somewhat hear say:

“I asked what had gone on and was told he tried to open the car door and shut it again because it wasn’t shut properly and apparently fell out at 70mph."

It wouldn't surprise me if they've just thrown in the 70mph bit because that's the speed limit on a motorway and it added to the overall story. So they may have been doing a slower speed at the time. His lack of serious injuries would suggest this too.

I can believe it happened. He's got into the car, not shut the door properly. They've got onto the motorway. Driver has finally lost patience with the beeping noise and told Michael to shut the door properly. He's opened it a little to close it again and it's blown open or something and he's tumbled out. Probably due to not wearing a seat belt. Maybe they were having a heated discussion about something and that's why they've ignored the beeping for so long or perhaps Michael makes a habit of not shutting car doors properly.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who on earth opens a car door on a motorway?

No excuse whatsoever. Seems more to this.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CRM wrote: »
    The real story as to what happened with Brian is quite different.

Oh please do tell.I'll I know is that he claimed to run over himself while throwing up after eating to many baked potatoes.:confused::confused: What happened?