Options

The Saturdays' Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album is going back up the charts on itunes

Its currently at #49 and was in the 70s last time I looked
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I'm not a fan. Why do they choose to mime? It annoys me that they are 'singers' yet decide not to sing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I'm not a fan. Why do they choose to mime? It annoys me that they are 'singers' yet decide not to sing.

9 times out of 10 its too do with the lack of equipment needed for a live performance at the location.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    It makes you more of a fan. Being able to see faults within a band that you love. + Not being blinded by their 'greatness' *coughs* JLS fans. :rolleyes:

exactly well said
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member

I don't think they actually decided themselves to mime. It was either to do with the equipment mics etc or maybe even the managments decision
  • Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll probably be on YT tomorrow.

Well I caught it from the link below, not really impressed, but nothing entirely new, it happens and it doesn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then why are you on the appreciation thread? LOL.

Besides, Don't you think that we're pissed off too? They're good singers.
    Mind you, with their management, anythings possible.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    james-dean wrote: »
    It makes you more of a fan. Being able to see faults within a band that you love. + Not being blinded by their 'greatness' *coughs* JLS fans. :rolleyes:

I never knew that!
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt like the miming in Cardiff but they all looked hot on SCD Children in Need. Not surprising to see Frankie standing with the other McFly crew (Dougie) while the other three girls were further along the balcony. Hasn't there been rumours in the press that Frankie is the black sheep of group?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt like the miming in Cardiff but they all looked hot on SCD Children in Need. Not surprising to see Frankie standing with the other McFly crew (Dougie) while the other three girls were further along the balcony. Hasn't there been rumours in the press that Frankie is the black sheep of group?

No, I think that's just because she was with her boyfriend.

They're all very close, in fact, there are always 'frochelle' moments in the flips. I think it's just been percieved wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So apparently Here Standing is gonna be the third single. Saw this posted in the PJ forums:

'I was just about to post in the Here Standing 3rd Singel Thread that Here Standing is infact the 3rd single from Headlines. Yes, that is infact right.

A new mix leaked today titled 'Cutmore Christmas Sleigh Ride Mix'. It's a bit shit, but it's alright. The mix itself confirms release for around Chrstmas/New Year.

And before you ask, no, the remix is not a reject from the cancelled Here Standing single campaign from Wordshaker as Here Standing was rumoured for release in early 2010 so this 'Christmas' mix would of been pointless at the time.'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^ Interesting news. Looking forward to hearing the remix.
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Don't know why they are delving back into the wordshaker era for the next single. I know 3 other songs were added to the re-release of headlines but it's not being handled properly

Here standing is gonna be their weakest single alongside Work
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooah, looks like Aaron Renfree is dancing with them later at T4 Stars:

"Here at T4 stars of 2010, dancing for The Saturdays. On just before 3 i think. Look out for the blue hoody ;)"

Wonder what they're performing...
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,043
    Forum Member
    Oooah, looks like Aaron Renfree is dancing with them later at T4 Stars:
    "Here at T4 stars of 2010, dancing for The Saturdays. On just before 3 i think. Look out for the blue hoody ;)"

Wonder what they're performing...

Nice. :) Am I right in saying he went on to star in the westend (dancing wise)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »

Yup think he did :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    musicdude wrote: »
    Don't know why they are delving back into the wordshaker era for the next single. I know 3 other songs were added to the re-release of headlines but it's not being handled properly

Weren't the 3 other songs added to the Headlines re-release also Wordshaker songs? I thought though that Here Standing was supposed to be released earlier in the year?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Yup think he did :)

Yeah, I think he was in We Will Rock You earlier this year at least. He also done West End Bears :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I think he was in We Will Rock You earlier this year at least. He also done West End Bears :o:D

Ahh yes, I remember seeing some tweets about this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »

No way Here Standing is an incredible song it would definetly be a hit imo
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Weren't the 3 other songs added to the Headlines re-release also Wordshaker songs? I thought though that Here Standing was supposed to be released earlier in the year?

Yeah they were which is what i said

It was but was scrapped.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh, it was live! :D

Though was Frankie's mic on at all? Either that or it was very low, her solo you couldn't even hear her...

Full of energy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loved that! :D great performance, and yep full of energy ^ :D:D I thought Frankie sounded quiet as well!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    watching their performance now

think I've just spotted aaron renfree...he's far left in the blue, it may be a purple hoodie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    one of the best Higher performances I've heard/seen. :)
This discussion has been closed.