Top Gear

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dirtyhippy wrote: »
    Only an OK epsiode and I thought Geldof was a crashing bore - absolutely nothing interesting to say.

And what was the snidey "wet as people" remark (referring to those at the bottom of the lap times board) all about?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    i see top gear as the only show on BBC tat is so interesting, funny and its quality does not decrease either
  • LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -/- wrote: »
    i see top gear as the only show on BBC tat is so interesting, funny and its quality does not decrease either

You're in the minority here. Don't bother with this thread, it's just whiners talking about how the old TG was better (even though it wasn't), how unfunny it is (even though it is funny), how scripted everything is (even though WE KNOW THAT ALREADY).

(I love TG)
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James May has said that they are all basically how they are on TG, just slightly exaggerated. I'm sure that JC, like everyone, has many different aspects of his personality.

Indeed he does - and not all of the aspects of Jeremy's personality are bad! I grew up in Chipping Norton and I know how much Jeremy has done, and still does, for the local community since they chose to live there. A case in point is the town swimming pool (the one he 'drove' the Rolls Royce into some years ago) where I learned to swim and where Jeremy's children also learned to swim (they were taught by my Auntie!). Because it's an outdoor pool it's expensive to run, and has been threatened with closure many times over the years. It was decided to hold a 'silent auction' fundraiser at the town hall, and who should offer to act as auctioneer but Jeremy - for no payment, no glory, simply because he wanted to do something for the community where he lived and the pool where his children had learned to swim. He may be an oaf, or act like one, sometimes, but he has a decent side to him as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    I loved the demolition peice. I wish they spent more time on it to be honest. It was really funny! The same with the train challenge last week. I think this has been one of the better series of Top Gear to be honest. Lets hope the idiots that are Clarkson, Hammond and May continue there adventures for years to come. Would like to really see another "America" episode, they've done bits since then but i would love a special dedicated to them maybe doing all 50 states or something!
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Leeham wrote: »
    You're in the minority here. Don't bother with this thread, it's just whiners talking about how the old TG was better (even though it wasn't), how unfunny it is (even though it is funny), how scripted everything is (even though WE KNOW THAT ALREADY).

(I love TG)

I expect you're very young or even a tweeny?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sdc395 wrote: »
    And what was the snidey "wet as people" remark (referring to those at the bottom of the lap times board) all about?

Seemed like just an off the cuff joke, I really doubt he examined the names then spent a moment deciding the relative merits of them and then insulted them accordingly.

It's amazing that you are fine with TG mocking people but aghast at him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seemed like just an off the cuff joke, I really doubt he examined the names then spent a moment deciding the relative merits of them and then insulted them accordingly.
    Oh, it was a "joke". Funny.
    It's amazing that you are fine with TG mocking people but aghast at him.

Not as amazing as the ease with which you've determined my opinion of Top Gear or the relative level of shock Bob Geldof's remark caused me.
  • LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »

I'm 21. I also like Carlin and Pryor, your point?
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member

Well, I'm not a 'tweeny' or very young but I agree with Leehams comments completely.
  • GraculusGraculus Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Lexus27b wrote: »
    I think this has been one of the better series of Top Gear to be honest.

I think the last series rather lost its way a bit, with them trying to out-do everything that went before with more and more ridiculous and unrealistic stunts. Maybe a reduced budget for the show (I assume that's the case what with cuts'n'all) has done them some good.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I think last weeks was the best episode for some time, last nights was also pretty good and that the series is better than last series so far.
  • DxfatassDxfatass Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been to the military vehicle dealers several times with my father when I was a child - nice to see it Top Gear, and the presenters behaving as excited by row after row of tanks and hardware as I was at 8 years old :p
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    *marv* wrote: »
    Well, I'm not a 'tweeny' or very young but I agree with Leehams comments completely.

Well, I'm properly getting on a bit, and I agree with Leeham's comments too!
    Forum Member
    Leeham wrote: »
    I'm 21. I also like Carlin and Pryor, your point?
    Ignorance reigns here. Who or what is Carlin and Pryor?
    :eek:
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    It was an okay episode, but this series has generally been an improvement over the last couple (maybe as many as 3 or 4) in my estimation.

Oh yeah, and I liked the spoof with the Interceptor.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Ignorance reigns here. Who or what is Carlin and Pryor?
    :eek:

George Carlin and Richard Pryor, no idea what their connection to this discussion is.
    I like stuff that's 'before my time' is what the FM's saying, well the FM better join one of the longest queues in history on that score.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series has been pretty disappointing for me.

Last two episodes have been pretty bad.

Train task last week and house demolishing this week.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "Accidentally" running over a car which is an obvious banger AGAIN?
    Forum Member
    George Carlin and Richard Pryor, no idea what their connection to this discussion is.
    I like stuff that's 'before my time' is what the FM's saying, well the FM better join one of the longest queues in history on that score.

Ah, yes. Have heard of Richard Pryor. He belongs to that group of unfunny (for me, at least), loud-mouthed, black comedy actors. Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    The "Accidentally" running over a car which is an obvious banger AGAIN?

Clearly they couldn't find a caravan :D

The water main WAS an accident though.
  • juswotmawatchinjuswotmawatchin Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    reasonable episode.

Clarkson still has a serious mental problem. Attention seeking, playing dumb, being an arse.

He needs Psychiatric help. Course he's like that in real life.:rolleyes:

Anyway.

The F1 car thing. braking points etc was done by the Rodent previously so cut the faux infantile explainations.
    Well edited to stop him looking a complete ar*se. ( did you see all the tyre smoking a nd fluffed gear changes etc ?)

As for the Stig Lap ? Why did they not just chuck Jean Alesi in the beast and let him fly it round in the dry at the time ??

enjoyed up until the predictable "Bash Street Kids " comic strip house cartoon. But thats the feedstuff of Battery hens for you .

James gettin a back seat these days.
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed tonights episode, this series just gets better and better.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    This series has been pretty disappointing for me.

Last two episodes have been pretty bad.

Train task last week and house demolishing this week.
    Out of those two episode, you can make one great episode.:rolleyes:

Jensen Test Drive was great, apart from James & the Hamster, sticking there oar in.
    F1....Loved that....Bobby G too.:cool:

But the House Demolition....as the Hamster said earlier....the is a Car Show, was awful.
    I think Channel 5 have a program on at the moment; Diggers at Work:(
  • ZebsZebs Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to say I'm nearly 40 and really enjoying TG this series.
    I showed the train bit to our 2 1/2 year old and he loved it, too.
    It's light entertainment with boys toys, and I think they have it pretty much spot on.
This discussion has been closed.