Doc Martin (Part 14 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemster wrote: »
    Go to the PBS website - they are streaming all episodes.

That's what a couple of people have told me. I must be doing something wrong. I can't find it. I tried doing a search at PBS too but when I put in "Miranda" or "Miranda Hart" it just sends me to "Call the Midwife", I assume because of her role in that show. Oh well. Thanks.
  • Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did something fun yesterday and today. I put together two new sets on Flickr. Just completed S1 but I will continue on. The two new sets are "Doc & Dog" and "Patients". :D:D:D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35584579@N00/sets/
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    That's what a couple of people have told me. I must be doing something wrong. I can't find it. I tried doing a search at PBS too but when I put in "Miranda" or "Miranda Hart" it just sends me to "Call the Midwife", I assume because of her role in that show. Oh well. Thanks.

Power came on last night! I'm home! Today, we are having another northeast'n (with snow).
    Biffpup - In NJ-NY metro area Miranda is on Friday nights on NJTV (PBS NJ station). You will instantly fall in love with her. Miranda is a 1/2 hour show and Miranda Hart writes the show. I tried Miranda English Show You Tube and got this message: -- The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third party notifications of copyright infringement. Doesn't this sound like the Doc Martin series taken off You Tube which upset a great many people here? Well, anyway, browse around re: Miranda Hart trailers, etc., and you will see some interesting views of her - she is so endearing. Wikipedia gives alot of information, too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »
    Power came on last night! I'm home! Today, we are having another northeast'n (with snow).
    Biffpup - In NJ-NY metro area Miranda is on Friday nights on NJTV (PBS NJ station). You will instantly fall in love with her. Miranda is a 1/2 hour show and Miranda Hart writes the show. I tried Miranda English Show You Tube and got this message: -- The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third party notifications of copyright infringement. Doesn't this sound like the Doc Martin series taken off You Tube which upset a great many people here? Well, anyway, browse around re: Miranda Hart trailers, etc., and you will see some interesting views of her - she is so endearing. Wikipedia gives alot of information, too.

I was looking her up on imdb and found out that she played Penelope, the ex-wife of William's cousin (the attorney). She played the wife when she came to see him at the funeral home. But the next year, when she reappeared in the episode where she tried to seduce William, she was played by another, more glamorous, actress.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    I did something fun yesterday and today. I put together two new sets on Flickr. Just completed S1 but I will continue on. The two new sets are "Doc & Dog" and "Patients". :D:D:D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35584579@N00/sets/

Hah! :D I love these sets of screenshots. Lots of good stills of the Doc and many made me laugh. The set that includes the patients and their symptoms and illnesses included lots of funny stuff. An awful lot of them just wanted tea. As for the doggie photos, I'm so glad you included several of the faces Martin made at the dog.

Thanks. Great fun. Looking forward to more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe I can't get it streaming at PBS because they aren't showing it in my area. Shows like "Downton Abbey", "Call the Midwife", "Upstairs, Downstairs", among others, that are shown on PBS nationwide are there, but those picked up individually by assorted local stations aren't. Maybe I'll find it somewhere, sometime.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking her up on imdb and found out that she played Penelope, the ex-wife of William's cousin (the attorney). She played the wife when she came to see him at the funeral home. But the next year, when she reappeared in the episode where she tried to seduce William, she was played by another, more glamorous, actress.

You know, I vaguely remember thinking there was a change in the cousin's ex-wife, but I watched W & M over such a long stretch of time that it didn't fully register with me. Now I need to go back and rewatch a few bits.
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this on Twitter:

Spotted - Martin Clunes in New Orleans making documentary on working horses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Ahoy one and all!

Doc Martin Online is celebrating over 1 MILLION visitors to the site. Just goes to show just HOW MANY fans there are all over the world. :eek::eek::D

Hope everyone is well - please enjoy the interview with Colin Towns, and the small tweaks on the site.

Working on it while I can, whilst juggling work in the Philippines, Hong Kong and China (of course - this year has been CRAZY).

Rock on!

DR
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
  • lemsterlemster Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Here is the Call the Midwife site on PBS

http://video.pbs.org/program/call-midwife/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »

What a great interview, Connie! BTW, loved his jacket. Interesting about MC throwing in things into the show that are unexpected if we watch for them. I like how Towns talks about having to perhaps compose things three times as the filming evolves, but he doesn't mind. If he has his choice, he starts early with an unfinished script/production. As a visual artist, I understand it is rare that we get it right the first time. Many of my paintings contain layers of paintings imbedded in the finished product and I like to believe it makes the final piece richer. If you're collaborating with others and their input changes, then one must adapt. It produces a much more nimble and responsive product that I think is better. Towns is a very grounded, self-effacing artist and he appreciates those same traits in MC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New poll up on www.docmartinonline.net - In season 2, episode 4, what do you think Doc Martin does after Freddie (the finch) has been removed from his desk?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this on Twitter:

NOW??? I could be in New Orleans in a few hours! Where in N.O.? For how long? Any info?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemster wrote: »
    Here is the Call the Midwife site on PBS

http://video.pbs.org/program/call-midwife/

I've seen "Call the Midwife" and it's an excellent show if anyone hasn't had a chance to watch it.

Still looking for a place to view the show called simply "Miranda" starring Miranda Hart if anyone can provide a link.

Thanks.
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NOW??? I could be in New Orleans in a few hours! Where in N.O.? For how long? Any info?

I'm assuming now but there weren't any other details.
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this on Twitter:

I've spent some time in New Orleans but I don't know what it has to do with horses -- are there horses pulling sightseeing hansoms in the French Quarter? or something else anyone knows about?
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this on Twitter:

In regard to the current MC documentary on working horses, is he concentrating on the U.S.? I certainly hope not. He is first and foremost a great British actor and I would not want him to be lured away. My thoughts are running that MC & PB want to tap into the world market of dvd sales on documentaries. I noticed that Woody Allen has done that with his films. He picks a country and does a film every other year. If you look at the revenues, they are more than twice the amount from foreign countries than from U.S.

To all you British fans who were regular contributors and have since taken to the sidelines, I think about you often. I hope that you will come back on board soon. The DM series is yours and we are given the privilege of seeing it all over the world, thanks to modern technology.
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I

To all you British fans who were regular contributors and have since taken to the sidelines, I think about you often. I hope that you will come back on board soon. The DM series is yours and we are given the privilege of seeing it all over the world, thanks to modern technology.

Ditto, ditto, ditto!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    In regard to the current MC documentary on working horses, is he concentrating on the U.S.? I certainly hope not.

The horse doc is like Horsepower in that he's filming horses all over the world. In September he was at the Route de Poisson (Fish Race) in France. He's also been filming timber logging horses in the UK and horses working in vineyards in Italy. Early in October he was photographed with drum horses at Windsor Barracks, so he may have been filming them. And just a week or so ago he was filming at Kelvingrove Museum in Glasgow with the vet who operated on the horse in Horsepower.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    I've spent some time in New Orleans but I don't know what it has to do with horses -- are there horses pulling sightseeing hansoms in the French Quarter? or something else anyone knows about?

Yes a lot if tourist hansoms (cabs) and some horsedrawn tourist busses. Neato. Nothing quite horses and their fragrant droppings on a hot day, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robspace54 wrote: »
    Yes a lot if tourist hansoms (cabs) and some horsedrawn tourist busses. Neato. Nothing quite horses and their fragrant droppings on a hot day, though.

But lots of cities have horsedrawn carriages, including here. Maybe they just picked New Orleans?

OR, hm, I just found a working horse ranch in Mississippi about an hour from New Orleans. I wonder. Their website says they specialize in working horse bloodlines.
    http://www.candjhorses.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But lots of cities have horsedrawn carriages, including here. Maybe they just picked New Orleans?

OR, hm, I just found a working horse ranch in Mississippi about an hour from New Orleans. I wonder. Their website says they specialize in working horse bloodlines.
    http://www.candjhorses.com/

If he wanted to go anywhere in the US to see working horses I would think it would be here in Michigan on Mackinac Island. I can't imagine there is another place in the US that has that concentration of horses in one area. The island is mY favorite vacation spot.

Although New Orleans has much better weather at this time of year :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he wanted to go anywhere in the US to see working horses I would think it would be here in Michigan on Mackinac Island. I can't imagine there is another place in the US that has that concentration of horses in one area. The island is mY favorite vacation spot.

Although New Orleans has much better weather at this time of year :eek:

Maybe he will come there. Maybe one day we'll come to the forum to find you calmly telling us you ran into Martin Clunes. Calmly, I said.
This discussion has been closed.