Geri Halliwell Headlining the NRL Grand Final with new single TONIGHT - LIVE

13»

Comments

• CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    BIB 1) I didn't bad mouth anyone.:confused:... I was just comparing the playback between two singers.. Look, watch and see the difference.

BIB 2) Creative Director had a much bigger performance planned - but Geri didn't want to be 'put the sausage factory' And wanted to be authentic..... A much bigger production was planed but,,,

I thought she was amazing, The atmosphere in the stadium was electric.

Ughh,,, WHATEVER.
    Geri, stop posting here.
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRM wrote: »
    Geri, stop posting here.

Oh dear...I predict a riot ;)
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody can watch that performance and honestly say it was "amazing". I can appreciate a good performance even if I don't like the singer or the song, but Geri's performance on that show was sub par, and that's putting it kindly. The audience were visibly bemused, probably wondering how terrible lyrics like "I gave you the finger, you took me to dinner" ever made the cut. Literally every single article I've seen about it has been negative. The chorus to the song is actually okay, it's just the rest of it is weak and Geri's vocals aren't good enough to carry it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I started laughing as soon as I heard the line: "I gave you the finger, you took me to dinner".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri isn't the best singer in the world and never has claimed to be. She sang live so credit where its due it wasn't the best but still not that bad! I can admit that it would've been better if she mimed a bit of sang over a better backing track so she had more time for dancing. Not a bad song the studio version will no doubt be better.

For a performance & single (buzz single really) in Australia my goodness look at all of this publicity shes getting for the wrong reasons though. i shouldn't be surprised the UK media bash Geri a lot and have over the years. I feel that its a bit ott this time & hope she isn't taking this personally. What is it with Spice Girls releasing music and being bashed! Never mind!

She sang live still got bashed so if i was Geri i would so think f**k them! I may not be the best but lots of singers today aren't all that i sang live tried something a little different and did they love me more no! Shes better off camping it up when she performs on Australia's got talent. Similar to what shes done but a bit more dancing and bring some camp girl power into it!

I grant you she will probably still get bashed either what she does but still as long as her fans are happy & she is too that's the main thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I can't quite get my head round the 'it wasn't that bad' comments and the 'at least she sung live' - even if she hadn't, this would still be an absolute crock of shit.
    Sorry, I like Geri and think she has had some great tracks in the past. But seriously, this was nothing other than terrible. The whole thing was awful.
    She cannot sing. Period. I know people who get up on karaoke when they've had a few drinks who sing better than this!

It's not even a good song for Geri either. Where's her balls, her in your face attitude? This whole performance was almost like she was trying to show people she can be a credible artist what with the live vocals, toned down song compared to previous etc. It just failed - on every single front.

Terrible.
  • JigglyBallJigglyBall Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri really needs to give it up now. She sounded absolutely awful, it was embarrassing to watch.

I was a huge fan, and grew up with the Spice Girls, but the reality is none of them could really hold a note (perhaps Mel C, and Emma at a stretch). It was cute back in the 90's and early 00's when they were young women, but now...it's just not right. I don't know if she's desperate to make money or what, but she needs to try something else.