Options

What are you doing on Strictly Final night?

goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As have said elsewhere I have a visitor for Christmas and explained I will be staying in - ordering pizza or even Chinese (by golly) and drinkies in - definitely. Or, as I am a Smoggie, maybe a delicious parmo :)

So what are other people doing?

Comments

• Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arghhhh .. I have to go to a party .. an in-law .. someone I've never met. I'm miffed .. I'm going to miss the end of the journey (apologies .. for using the 'j' word) and chances are I won't be able to vote. Very cross dot com.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Watching X-Factor repeats.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Staying in. Probably no drink involved though as I have a race on Sunday :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    daziechain wrote: »
    Arghhhh .. I have to go to a party .. an in-law .. someone I've never met. I'm miffed .. I'm going to miss the end of the journey (apologies .. for using the 'j' word) and chances are I won't be able to vote. Very cross dot com.

Do it on your phone online!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alexw12 wrote: »
    Do it on your phone online!!
    I have a phone from the Jurassic period :D .. however .. hubby has an iPhone and so am going to try and get my votes in via that ... if he'll let me .. but .. not sure I'll know WHEN to vote. Especially .. should Flackers make it that far .. the final vote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    daziechain wrote: »
    I have a phone from the Jurassic period :D .. however .. hubby has an iPhone and so am going to try and get my votes in via that ... if he'll let me .. but .. not sure I'll know WHEN to vote. Especially .. should Flackers make it that far .. the final vote.

I'm really hoping she does:D! It'll probably be around the 8:30/9pm mark. You have to grab your hubby's iPhone and vote! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alexw12 wrote: »
    I'm really hoping she does:D! It'll probably be around the 8:30/9pm mark. You have to grab your hubby's iPhone and vote! :)
    I will do my best :)
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    We'll be having our annual Strictly party. :D We all have paddles and whoever has the highest score gets ALL our phone votes. :D Mind you this year it looks as if we can only vote for two of the finalists. :blush: As some of us have already declared that the highest mark that two of the couples mark will score for any of their dances is five.

It's always interesting to hear the opinions of the people who don't watch SCD on the dancers as they couldn't believe why a couple of the group were refusing to score Natalie high even though they thought she was a phenomenal dancer! Oh the joy of yet another drunken debate of entertainment vs dance ability dominating the conversation, which will then be followed by the annual viewing of Strictly Ballroom. :D

Good luck to all the celebs and may your favourite win. :)
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    I'm going to a Christmas party. I'm not recording Strictly - have given up on it and can't stand Mark.

I will, however, be voting by telephone for Simon and Kristina and Caroline and Pasha.
  • Options
    CallmepitstopCallmepitstop Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall be shoving all my family out of the room where the TV is and watching the final in glorious solitude with a pot of tea and a box of Maltesers. I shall have a malteser every time Len says "You came aht" and Darcey says "the boys are right" and Bruno leaps out f his seat.

They will soon be gone, alas!! :blush::(

And I will be voting for Frankie :cool:
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I will be watching it at my Grandma's house, just like every week! :D

Oh, and we will be voting for Caroline! :)
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I shall be shoving all my family out of the room where the TV is and watching the final in glorious solitude with a pot of tea and a box of Maltesers. I shall have a malteser every time Len says "You came aht" and Darcey says "the boys are right" and Bruno leaps out f his seat.

They will soon be gone, alas!! :blush::(

And I will be voting for Frankie :cool:

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Mrs-MopMrs-Mop Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) Christmas night out with friends......thank god for I-player :D

Means I can't vote though (always give my three free who I think is best dancer on the night!.....weird I know!)

Think one of the girls will win but I've never got it right yet :o
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall be watching anything other than SCD
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I will do what I have done for most of this series, I will sky+ and run through the bits I want to watch...which seem to get less and less every week, imho SCD has been a complete farce this year.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Strictly! Obvious really!
  • Options
    tangos_with_timtangos_with_tim Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ironically, going to our dance school's Christmas party! You would think they would avoid SCD final night!
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Ironically, going to our dance school's Christmas party! You would think they would avoid SCD final night!

That's a coincidence. I am helping to organise a Christmas dance for our dance students and others. I also think it is a daft night to have it, for lots of reasons, but I am a only helper so don't get consulted. Might see you there! :D
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Working so will have to arrange voting with hubbie
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching it with a glass of wine or two, in my brand new state of the art caravan in Broadway. First time ever going away for Christmas Day week itself but am looking forward to it. Been a tough couple of years, but hopefully 2015 will be moving forward.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Watching the dances, posting my comments in here during the filler, drinking snowballs and eating snacks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    I shall be watching anything other than SCD
    :confused: Why is you here then?
  • Options
    Gaz112Gaz112 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    We're staying at my inlaws, we've told my 8 year old niece that we're having a Strictly Party with pink lemonade *cough* sparkling rose for the grown ups *cough*
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be sitting in my living room after a horrible morning shift on the ward, screaming at the TV and eating some very fatty foods! Can't wait! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm working *weeps* though I do work in a snooker club which has tellys and I usually manage to get Strictly on one of the smaller ones. So hopefully I'll be watching it sporadically and managing to vote when needed.