Pat feels he’s a really happy man.

Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been pondering this for a while and it is open for debate, I would like to hear your thoughts, but here is my take on it ,

I have come to the decision that Postman Pat is not that man he says he is and may be delusional.

lets look at this in more detail, He is a postman not a career i am sure he would have chosen, he would have liked to have been a singer if you have seen the movie it clearly states this, not to mention the god awful hours he has to work, getting up early in the morning just as day is dawning to start work, i am sure he would prefer to lie in,

Then there is the CAT called Jess, to wake a cat up in the morning must be difficult, cats are lazy he will have great difficulty in getting the cat out of the door never mind in the bright red van, that everybody seems to know, there is also the problem that Pat as a very short attention span as seen the in various episodes while actually at work he will gladly just bugger off IN WORK HOURS of his own free will and chat to his friends and generally do anything to avoid his day job, his supervisor cannot be pleased about this and Pat will know this as most vans have trackers on these days so there is no getting away with it.

Driving around all day his is red van with a cat there are inevitable's that Pat will have to do deal with, CAT POO, his van must be frankly disgusting and stink to high heaven, Pat will know this more than most, what with his big nose, he must be getting more of a fair share of the whiff than most folk would.

Pat as you may know is a man with auburn hair now most kid get teased at school it's gonna happen KIDS ARE CRUEL there must be repressed memories that come to the forefront on many occasions his wife too must be disappointed and his kid? well he will have to deal with probably the same problems pat has had to deal with, to be the kid of a failed singer/workshy postman with the biggest nose this side of Greendale is a lot to deal with, Pat feels he's a really happy man, no Pat

I DON'T THINK YOU ARE :cry:

Comments

• dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Please take those pills the nurse give you.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I haven't a clue what to answer to that, OP, but you did give me a laugh (sorry, Pat)!
  • Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too much time on your hands buddy.
  • Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    Poor poor Pat,maybe a pat on the back will make him happy :)
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    He's obviously bonking the brains out of Goggins, and having tweed-wearing riding-crop S&M sessions with Miss Hubbard.
  • crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Part is literally the biggest screw up going. I watch every day with my 2 year old and he is constantly losing parcels, horrendously late or needing the help of other people to actually do his job. He then has the audacity to declare "Mission Accomplished" at the end if every episode.

No wonder Royal Mail has gone to shit.
  • belly buttonbelly button Posts: 17,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He needs to hit the sewing room and get two inches taken up on his trousers .
    I think he'd find himself going from happy to ecstatic if he did that.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we could all learn a lesson from Pat. Despite the various challenges we all face in life, our mental wellbeing should be on top of our list of priorities.

Don't be afraid to take a break from work, or to spend time with friends. Pets are known to boost mood so spend time with your cat too. And no matter what anyone says about your looks, it's what's inside that really matters. You are beautiful, no matter what they say. Words can't bring you down.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you search for "Boro Pat" on YouTube you'll soon not think he's a very happy man.

That said one of our postmen (the "cool" one as my brother calls him) is usually cheerful.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've wondered this. That line's strangely non-committal, isn't it? He *feels* he's a very happy man. Normally you'd just say he *is* a very happy man; what with happiness being an emotion, "feeling" that you're feeling one seems to place the entire being happy thing at one remove. I suspect it's chemical.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you saying he's one failed delivery away from going postal?
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »

good job pat doesnt live in a rueral community, where its much easier to get firearms....

....hang on.r
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been pondering this for a while and it is open for debate, I would like to hear your thoughts, but here is my take on it ,

I have come to the decision that Postman Pat is not that man he says he is and may be delusional.

lets look at this in more detail, He is a postman not a career i am sure he would have chosen, he would have liked to have been a singer if you have seen the movie it clearly states this, not to mention the god awful hours he has to work, getting up early in the morning just as day is dawning to start work, i am sure he would prefer to lie in,

Then there is the CAT called Jess, to wake a cat up in the morning must be difficult, cats are lazy he will have great difficulty in getting the cat out of the door never mind in the bright red van, that everybody seems to know, there is also the problem that Pat as a very short attention span as seen the in various episodes while actually at work he will gladly just bugger off IN WORK HOURS of his own free will and chat to his friends and generally do anything to avoid his day job, his supervisor cannot be pleased about this and Pat will know this as most vans have trackers on these days so there is no getting away with it.

Driving around all day his is red van with a cat there are inevitable's that Pat will have to do deal with, CAT POO, his van must be frankly disgusting and stink to high heaven, Pat will know this more than most, what with his big nose, he must be getting more of a fair share of the whiff than most folk would.

Pat as you may know is a man with auburn hair now most kid get teased at school it's gonna happen KIDS ARE CRUEL there must be repressed memories that come to the forefront on many occasions his wife too must be disappointed and his kid? well he will have to deal with probably the same problems pat has had to deal with, to be the kid of a failed singer/workshy postman with the biggest nose this side of Greendale is a lot to deal with, Pat feels he's a really happy man, no Pat

nope. Cat's wake up as soon as you come in the room for their early morning strokes! (and to go repeatedly in and out of the bottom of your dressing gown and wrap themselves around your legs meowing)

CAT PART OF PAT THEORY: DEBUNKED
    :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »

"Postal Pat" would be a GREAT show!

Almost as good as "Mental Ben", my idea for a show about a boy and his tame bear, who turns out not to be that tame at all and rips everyone to pieces at the end of the pilot.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »

Almost as good as "Mental Ben", my idea for a show about a boy and his tame bear, who turns out not to be that tame at all and rips everyone to pieces at the end of the pilot.

Like this bear. Still funny this clip, after all these years...

Bear attacks woman on TV
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »

mental ben should be a different take on mr ben.

in my version, hes a banker who had a nervous brakedown. putting his suit and hat on, as if he still had a job.

then he goes down to a costume shop. thinking hes having a fantastic adventure in the dressing room, when hes having a psycotic episode.

all as some creepy, camp shopkeeper watches on....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mental ben should be a different take on mr ben.

in my version, hes a banker who had a nervous brakedown. putting his suit and hat on, as if he still had a job.

then he goes down to a costume shop. thinking hes having a fantastic adventure in the dressing room, when hes having a psycotic episode.

all as some creepy, camp shopkeeper watches on....

Ooh yeah. Kid's shows have awesomely dark potential.

Which reminds me of my favourite creepypasta.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    This thread reminded me of "Boro Pat".

Just checked on Youtube and it seems there's a whole series of them now. :D
  • chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mental breakdown? :(
  • JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    I thought you were talking about Pat Phelan who was suffering from frostbite after being Ice cold in Anna
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't even get Billy started on Bob the Builder!
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What makes Pat happy, is leaving notes that say he tried to deliver but they were out, and running away without ringing the bell....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mudbox wrote: »
    What makes Pat happy, is leaving notes that say he tried to deliver but they were out, and running away without ringing the bell....

he also like go through letters looking for birthday money...
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    This should be in the philosophy forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    I am going to sit and watch Postman Pat on my next day off now, totally intrigued. Great thread Billy. :)