Grand Theft Auto V ANNOUNCED

Comments

• Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,148
    Forum Member
    Bring back Lips 103.

"Feels like I just can't take no more....":D
  • Sam SeedSam Seed Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Vice City's soundtrack must have been a fluke cause they've been shite since then.

san andreas was great, Iv was crap
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vice City's soundtrack must have been a fluke cause they've been shite since then.

I thought VC & SA was great. Can't remember much about GTAIII, but GTAIV was pretty poor. Only a few good stations and even then, they weren't consistently good.
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    SA had the odd good tune here and there but they were sandwiched between dross. I remember literally not a single one from 4, maybe my brain's trying to suppress the overwhelming mediocrity of that game :p
  • hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait for GTA 5. I've asked for a PS3 for xmas so I don't have to rely on being nice to my brother!

I'mplaying GTA3 on my ipad at the moment which brings back memories. I keep getting the radio songs in my head.

"She's on fire" singing and then the radio presenter saying "Well that's a great song but I've certainly never been on fire" and the adverts never fail to make me laugh.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not true, SA's was a passable. The issue is the eras music was shite which you can't blame R* for.

I've mentioned radio stations before in this thread but I will recap. GTAIV tried to be too broad, a lot of the stations are niche stations which plays music only 1% of the population actually care about. I only listen to Liberty Rock Radio as they've hidden Vice Radio behind DLC so you cant access it from the main game. R* have an issue with present day games as they are not to know which songs will be popular in the future, and good modern day music won't lend itself to a game that easily, but they really could do much better than they did in IV.

I hope they go back to Vice/SA style of radio in V

Modern day popular music. The stuff you hear on radio stations across the land.
    80's/90's pop
    Modern rock/metal/alternative
    Classic rock/metal/alternative
    Rap (classic and modern)
    Dance/House/Electronica but popular songs, not random ones which sound like car alarms going off.
    Soul/R&B/Smooth/ Easy Listening etc.
    2 x talk shows
    1 x niche show in the spirit of the game.

Thats 10 stations which would make the soundtrack appealing and applicable to the majority of the population. Personally I would love a Emotion styled one but you can fit that in with the soul/r&b one.
  • gazwagazwa Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I liked what they done on Saints Row where you can make your own playlist from the songs on the game so you don't have to keep changing radio stations to hear specific songs.

In an ideal world, I'd love it if we could just play music from our hard drives and basically create our own radio stations.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    Dance/House/Electronica but popular songs, not random ones which sound like car alarms going off.

Depends on what you mean by "popular". What's the point of having chart dance music when you have covered that under pop. Either have a proper house music station or don't; it shouldn't be filled up with the cheesy pop dance that radio 1 would play.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    They need a religious station like in GTA 2 and KGBH was much better than vladiviostok FM. Or put the real Lazlow show which is actually funnier than the fake ones in GTA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRoTuUdWEMw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J87qdx7OF6g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOqs1aVxNu4
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    For those of you who are interested, Rockstar have just released the Trailer for the Vice City 10th Anniversary Edition, you can view it Here.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    For those of you who are interested, Rockstar have just released the Trailer for the Vice City 10th Anniversary Edition, you can view it Here.

Brilliant, cheers Ash.
  • Purple-KiwisPurple-Kiwis Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Badder dam dem was a classic. Loved that

Badder dam dam always made me smile, it's so delightfully dumb. Most of the radio stations were mediocre, especially Classics and Liberty Rock. Infact, my favourite station was Integrity :p
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Richard Bastion show and Just or unjust were great on GTAIV.
  • Tush_91Tush_91 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I really hope in the near future they do a gta set in London, it would make a difference from the USA, a bit of cockneys, yorkshiremen, scousers and Geordies won't go amiss.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tush_91 wrote: »
    I really hope in the near future they do a gta set in London, it would make a difference from the USA, a bit of cockneys, yorkshiremen, scousers and Geordies won't go amiss.

Sony tried the getaway. it failed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No thanks.:o
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member

I think you've slightly misrepresented the ethnic make-up of London there... unless you were talking about visiting different parts of England in the game! :p
  • General ZodGeneral Zod Posts: 392
    Forum Member

I do like the idea in theory, but I fear it would just end up being a Guy Ritchie cockney gangster geezer fest, partially to appeal to the American market, who seem to lap that shit up.
    Also, I think what GTA IV proved is that sandbox games like GTA generally dont work in very built up "mega Cities" like London, as they're far too built up and congested. The return to Los Santos works better because its more spread out, and you have more freedom to, for example, drive at full pelt along a stretch of road.
    Where the next one goes is anyones guess. I'd love to see somewhere completely different and unexpected, but I'm pretty sure they'll play it safe and go for Vice City again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member

Hardly anyone remembers this, but they did do a London GTA for the old PS1 - GTA London 1969 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOki-kxq8Lo

Anyone else play this?

Gotta admit I really enjoyed it at the time! Had a brilliant soundtrack!

Sorry, just editing to give a few examples of that excellent soundtrack!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg61DeYeSSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCyhOM1e8PY

And my fav (always loved a bit of old skool Ska):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhs9w6E41wU&feature=bf_prev&list=PLC3598271825FD670
  • slackereconomyslackereconomy Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think the music was too bad on iv. I definitely know the last thing I want is songs I already love on there, I want songs I can grow to enjoy, and get that "damn I gotta pull over and call zit" moment
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sony tried the getaway. it failed.

the first one was great
  • Purple-KiwisPurple-Kiwis Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the pram! Minor detail but I like minor details, I hope GTA has lots of easter eggs. And random character missions, more of those.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like the idea in theory, but I fear it would just end up being a Guy Ritchie cockney gangster geezer fest, partially to appeal to the American market, who seem to lap that shit up.
    Also, I think what GTA IV proved is that sandbox games like GTA generally dont work in very built up "mega Cities" like London, as they're far too built up and congested. The return to Los Santos works better because its more spread out, and you have more freedom to, for example, drive at full pelt along a stretch of road.
    Where the next one goes is anyones guess. I'd love to see somewhere completely different and unexpected, but I'm pretty sure they'll play it safe and go for Vice City again.

What doesn't work, sorry?

Massive sales and critical acclaim?
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bit I'm enjoying is how so many people here are saying how fantastic San Andreas was, that they wish all GTA games were as good as that one.

I'm pretty sure I remember a massive backlash of people at the time complaining about how awful SA was and they've ruined GTA, VC & 3 were perfect SA is useless etc.

Amuses me.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwaaaarrrhh!! This is Kahliedoskowpe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McgqJ0kk2J4
This discussion has been closed.