Options

People that were popular 10-15 years ago, that are no longer to be seen?

1373839404143»

Comments

• Options
    Danny_SilverDanny_Silver Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were of my time too :)

Toby Anstis is a DJ on Heart Radio now, and had a short but fairly well-publicised relationship with former Apprentice winner Stella English last year. He also dated Priscilla Presley, somewhat bizarrely.

Angellica Bell is married to another presenter from that era, Michael Underwood, and they have two children.

Katy Hill also married another presenter, Trey Farley from Live And Kicking. They also have two children.

The latter two seem to still be doing presenting work, albeit irregularly.

I thought he was gay, he is so camp it's unavailable.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Des O Conner has not done much since leaving Countdown.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I was wondering what Jeremy Spake of Airport fame was doing nowadays?
    Google is your friend! ;-)
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Des O Conner has not done much since leaving Countdown.

He was on Through The Keyhole on Saturday.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Greene, Carol Smillie
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I thought he was gay, he is so camp it's unavailable.

He might be available if you write to him Danny. Spray some aftershave on the letter.
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy Hill
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    Sarah Greene, Carol Smillie

I saw Carol Smillie doing a TV advert the other day.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I saw Carol Smillie doing a TV advert the other day.

Yes, she's been doing them for a while, I find it very annoying because I liked her as a presenter.
    I think those ads are beneath her.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone on another thread mentioned the RTV show 'Space Cadets' which was on about 10 years ago...........Johnny Vaughan was the presenter

He was everywhere on TV for a few years......used to host Breakfast TV, had his own chat show and so on

nowadays he turns up on a show on the History or Nat Geo channel about people finding old bits of stuff washed up on the banks of the Thames and he does a weekend show on talksport radio

that's quite a comedown.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Someone on another thread mentioned the RTV show 'Space Cadets' which was on about 10 years ago...........Johnny Vaughan was the presenter

He was everywhere on TV for a few years......used to host Breakfast TV, had his own chat show and so on

nowadays he turns up on a show on the History or Nat Geo channel about people finding old bits of stuff washed up on the banks of the Thames and he does a weekend show on talksport radio

that's quite a comedown.......

Happens though, you're flavour of the month for a while, then you're not.
    Can depend on if you find the right vehicle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There used to be a Sky Sports presenter called Mark Bolton. He used to do You're On Sky Sports and La Liga. He was later dismissed by Sky for some reason where he was outspoken.

http://tvnewsroom.org/biography-images/mark-bolton-4829/

http://neilmonnery.co.uk/2011/07/07/curious-case-mark-bolton/

Come to think of it, what has happened to Michael Bolton?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There used to be a Sky Sports presenter called Mark Bolton. He used to do You're On Sky Sports and La Liga. He was later dismissed by Sky for some reason where he was outspoken.

http://tvnewsroom.org/biography-images/mark-bolton-4829/

http://neilmonnery.co.uk/2011/07/07/curious-case-mark-bolton/

Come to think of it, what has happened to Michael Bolton?

Last seen (in my house) singing to fruit trees in a Starburst/Opal Fruits advert :)
    He's the reason why they're so fruity.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I liked him on Revista de La Liga. Thought he was a good presenter and didn't like his replacement at all. That and Revista turning into the Real Madrd and Barcelona show featuring Messi and Ronaldo with not much talk of the other teams turned me off and I stopped watching it altogether. Now I don't even have Sky Sports so wouldn't be watching anyway.

Used to like Rob McAffrey when he was on Sky Sports too, think he left for Al-Jazeera. He was on Granada at one point so I've seen a lot of him over the years as I live in that region. Going to have to look up one of his co-presenters, Elton Welsby, who used to do "Granada Soccer Night" in the 90s.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to watch BBC Midlands Today......because i liked the presenter Suzanne Virdee who had been presenting on it for 11 years. Then she just suddenly disappeared and her name was never mentioned.

Found out later she had been the victim of bullying, apparently instigated by a senior female manager (jealousy?).

BBC made a financial payment after she agreed not to sue.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/tv/ex-midlands-today-presenter-suzanne-virdee-1237819

Seems the 'bully boss' got her comeuppance in the end anyway.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/bbc-boss-cath-hearn-bully-4724740
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    I liked him on Revista de La Liga. Thought he was a good presenter and didn't like his replacement at all. That and Revista turning into the Real Madrd and Barcelona show featuring Messi and Ronaldo with not much talk of the other teams turned me off and I stopped watching it altogether. Now I don't even have Sky Sports so wouldn't be watching anyway.

Used to like Rob McAffrey when he was on Sky Sports too, think he left for Al-Jazeera. He was on Granada at one point so I've seen a lot of him over the years as I live in that region. Going to have to look up one of his co-presenters, Elton Welsby now who used to do "Granada Soccer Night" in the 90s.

Yes, I find Scott Minto a bit flat if I am honest. I find it quite a boring show. I do think you are right that over the past few seasons the coverage of the Spanish league has been conglomerated by Barcelona and Real Madrid. This frustrates a friend of mine who follows Spanish football and supports Deportivo. But he likes watching the other sides like Real Betis, Atletico Bilbao and Espanyol. I think it was refreshing to see a three horse race and see Atletico Madrid win the title last season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is the singer Mika? It was he who had the hit Grace Kelly and Big Girls You Are Beautiful.
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a presenter in the 90s/early 2000s called Alice Beer who used to be on quite a few things, most famously she co presented watchdog with Anne Robinson for ages. Haven't seen her on TV for years now