Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has anyone heard clive bull recently?

he sounds so bored. The show lacks any charisma, humour and oomph.

Well past his sell by date.....I think time to quietly go Clive.

SOOO BORING.

Clive was so much better when he had a freer rein on his show.
    These days, he seems to be under certain constraints - not doing his own thing at all.
  • Options
    Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the Nick & Boris show :)

Then........along comes James with his usual long- winded, meandering prologue.

His pet political hates ; IDS, Grant thingy & NIgel F are all feeling his venom......What's new :(

Happy Tuesday to you all x

JOB announced this morning that he is going to stop winding up UKIP supporters by saying "Farridge" (though he reserves the right to revert in future if the mood takes him). He said he would use the leader's preferred pronunciation, namely "Fer-RARGE" with a soft "G" which is not correct as he calls himself "FARage" with a hard "G" and stress on the first syllable. It's really not that difficult. However, he got it right from then on.

After that he used the terms "lie" and "liar" repeatedly throughout the discussion with reference to the decision to remain as leader. I hardly think that a change of heart in the light of events deserves such a pejorative epithet if the members of UKIP don't want him to go. And to compare this in the same breath, as JOB did, to Boris's adulterous liaisons is downright insulting in my book.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    JOB announced this morning that he is going to stop winding up UKIP supporters by saying "Farridge" (though he reserves the right to revert in future if the mood takes him). He said he would use the leader's preferred pronunciation, namely "Fer-RARGE" with a soft "G" which is not correct as he calls himself "FARage" with a hard "G" and stress on the first syllable. It's really not that difficult. However, he got it right from then on.

After that he used the terms "lie" and "liar" repeatedly throughout the discussion with reference to the decision to remain as leader. I hardly think that a change of heart in the light of events deserves such a pejorative epithet if the members of UKIP don't want him to go. And to compare this in the same breath, as JOB did, to Boris's adulterous liaisons is downright insulting in my book.

Yes, he spent an hour being boring/petty & snide about Nigel F's 'exit about-turn' :(

So what !!!

I enjoy Personalities in politics. In fact, I may well have voted for him - if, my current location didn't preclude it.

It would have been like a turkey voting for Christmas ;-)
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    Just turned on too late to hear the details, but did SF say she'd be talking about Autism and Aspergers today? Did anyone catch when?
  • Options
    AL89AL89 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just wanted to say well done LBC, I thought your election coverage was quite exceptional, also good idea to have the midweek crew on at weekend.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His infantile intentional mispronunciation of Nigel Farage's name doesn't wind anyone up, but merely confirms what a low mentality he has. Can you imagine Paxman or Humphrys doing that?

Gobber and his mates over at The Guardian have so much fun trying to belittle NF and throwing around puerile comments about "kippers", that they would be bereft if UKIP dissolved.

Meanwhile, in the real world.
  • Options
    DabandyDabandy Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    His infantile intentional mispronunciation of Nigel Farage's name doesn't wind anyone up, but merely confirms what a low mentality he has. Can you imagine Paxman or Humphrys doing that?

Gobber and his mates over at The Guardian have so much fun trying to belittle NF and throwing around puerile comments about "kippers", that they would be bereft if UKIP dissolved.

Well said !
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem for James O'Brien and his Guardian mates is highlighted below.

https://twitter.com/GECFrost/status/596620991998070784

They thought that Labour was on the verge of winning!
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    Just turned on too late to hear the details, but did SF say she'd be talking about Autism and Aspergers today? Did anyone catch when?

Wasnt much - was more about strokes if anything

Though admittedly don't really concentrate during Foggy's NHS hours
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very much so - his intellect as witnessed on both radio and TV is sorely lacking - Empty vessels make the most noise n all that .
  • Options
    anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redvers36 wrote: »
    The problem for James O'Brien and his Guardian mates is highlighted below.

https://twitter.com/GECFrost/status/596620991998070784

They thought that Labour was on the verge of winning!

So did the BBC, they even had that idiot on Newsnight and felt quite safe insulting the Tories with their so called radio 4 comedy "The Vote Now Show". Ferrari was overjoyed at the BBC's self made mess this morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So did the BBC, they even had that idiot on Newsnight and felt quite safe insulting the Tories with their so called radio 4 comedy "The Vote Now Show". Ferrari was overjoyed at the BBC's self made mess this morning.

Typical leftie BBC - folk whine about Murdoch when its the Beeb who by far carries the most weight with their politics .Good to see they screwed up .Hopefully another nail in coffin for that obsolete tax we all have to cough up.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    has anyone heard clive bull recently?

he sounds so bored. The show lacks any charisma, humour and oomph.

Well past his sell by date.....I think time to quietly go Clive.

SOOO BORING.

Her lost it years ago. Probably the most boring presenter on UK radio (apart from Cristo who manages to be boring and intensely annoying simultaneously).
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    Sorry if this has already been back up but I have just saw this on Facebook posted by Nick Abbot " For the subscribers at LBC, I have an exclusive mid-week podcast starting this week"
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Sorry if this has already been back up but I have just saw this on Facebook posted by Nick Abbot " For the subscribers at LBC, I have an exclusive mid-week podcast starting this week"

More of him being snarky and clever about everything without actually adding anything?

No ta

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    Wasnt much - was more about strokes if anything

Though admittedly don't really concentrate during Foggy's NHS hours

Thanks, although I think the strokes thing was in the hour following. It was autism between 2 and 3pm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    Thanks, although I think the strokes thing was in the hour following. It was autism between 2 and 3pm

Highly likely - ones brain can go benignly numb during her Health speak afternoons
  • Options
    Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checking if this thread is dead. No postings since 21:32 Tuesday? What's going on?

[Edit: Well it worked, so my query remains outstanding]
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Either LBC is so great that no-one has time to post, or it's so rubbish, that no-one is listening or can be bothered.

I go with the latter.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just checking if this thread is dead. No postings since 21:32 Tuesday? What's going on?

[Edit: Well it worked, so my query remains outstanding]

We're all outside, soaking up the sun! :D
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Allen this morning disgusted by the parents who "stole" old thrown-away food from Tesco bins. Lord, but he's a horrible person.
  • Options
    MrRayDOMrRayDO Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when will LBC get it NO ONE CARES ANYMORE AS THATS WHY THE TORYS GOT BACK IN ON THEIR OWN
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We have been sitting here waiting for your words of wisdom ;-)
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Allen this morning disgusted by the parents who "stole" old thrown-away food from Tesco bins. Lord, but he's a horrible person.

Katie Hopkins lite. Vile right wing trolls both.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrRayDO wrote: »
    when will LBC get it NO ONE CARES ANYMORE AS THATS WHY THE TORYS GOT BACK IN ON THEIR OWN

Surely if no one really cared it would be Labour who would have got back in

Thankfully they didnt and the rest is history
This discussion has been closed.