Another mass shooting in US, 40 taken hostage

Comments

• skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Tidosho wrote: »
    Well the constitution also said a negro was worth three fifths of a white man. It's written on paper, not in stone.
    And Obama recently made pump action shotguns illegal but strangely no ones handed them in.Believe me,it'll never happen.
  • Triple-PTriple-P Posts: 2,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its going to get reported becuase its news!

if there was a shooting near were you live wouldnt you want to know about it?
    Forum Member
    It's a way to gain infamy too.Same reason people go on Big Brother.
  • TidoshoTidosho Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skunkboy69 wrote: »
    And Obama recently made pump action shotguns illegal but strangely no ones handed them in.Believe me,it'll never happen.

Oh i agree with you completely but it's because they don't want to, not because they can't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Triple-P wrote: »
    its going to get reported becuase its news!

if there was a shooting near were you live wouldnt you want to know about it?

Yes I would. It's catch 22.
    Forum Member
    Tidosho wrote: »
    Oh i agree with you completely but it's because they don't want to, not because they can't.

It would be like our Government telling us to hand in our TV's :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    My sympathies go to the families who have lost loved ones.

If there was ever a reason for gun control this is that reason.

Why Americans think they should have a right to have a gun is beyond me.

I know the constitution says so but that document was written over 200 years ago just after a war with the British. It is time to move on into the 21st century.
    Forum Member
    kevo88 wrote: »

I know the constitution says so but that document was written over 200 years ago just after a war with the British. It is time to move on into the 21st century.

The constitution does say so, yes. My understanding is that that's largely a "republican" thing. Surely the Democrats can address change?
    Forum Member
    My mate in the US lives in Washington State amongst the bears and he insists he needs a gun to protect his property.As Heston said,they'd have to take his gun from his cold dead hands.I suppose they look on it the way we look at laws on alcohol here.Why should the minority screw everything up for the rest of the law abiding people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mate in the US lives in Washington State amongst the bears and he insists he needs a gun to protect his property.As Heston said,they'd have to take his gun from his cold dead hands.I suppose they look on it the way we look at laws on alcohol here.Why should the minority screw everything up for the rest of the law abiding people.

They're mad for gun in the states,

I went to Boston (one of the more liberal cities) and even they are mad for them, I went to a gun range, and get this, you could fire Ak-47's this was a few years back, so it may have all changed, but wtf? an AK-47 at a rifle range, madness. I fired a shotgun and a hand gun, and I must say there is a great feeling of empowerment, you get bad thoughts though, "hmm what would happen if I shot that guy" I couldn't believe I was thinking that :eek: but I can understand why a lot of people like their guns. And your Guns/Drink analogy is a very good one.
    Forum Member

Does he then ignore the figures, that that SO many deaths are actually by their own weapon............just because they used them in a robbery (against them) and ultimately they are used AGAINST them.........just because they had them?
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ....Why Americans think they should have a right to have a gun is beyond me.

The right to bear arms means just as much to every true blooded American in the US as liberty and cheeseburgers do.

Especially cheeseburgers.
    Forum Member
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    The right to bear arms means just as much to every true blooded American in the US as liberty and cheeseburgers do.

Especially cheeseburgers.

Then I guess we should despair!

Although cheeseburgers are nice and I can understand that...........guns not so much.
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chezzie wrote: »
    Then I guess we should despair!

Why? I don't live there.
  • JoeyGambinoJoeyGambino Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another copycat killing spree.Its all the time now and will get worse.
    If the US wont do anything about their gun laws then f...em
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pakistani militant has claimed to have ordered the attack.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Another copycat killing spree.Its all the time now and will get worse.
    If the US wont do anything about their gun laws then f...em

Those of us who support the second amendment will note that these mass shootings always take place in weapons-free zones. Places where the shooters know that they'll be facing unarmed civilians.
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those poor people's families :( Nowhere is safe these days.

The UK is safe because we don't allow any random nutjob to have a gun.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chezzie wrote: »
    Just when will the US agree that firearms should be illegal?

Obama should maybe address that.

They never will, for some reason they don't see a connection between people having guns and people killing people with guns. If anything when stuff like this happens they respond by calling for more people to be allowed guns!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrkite77 wrote: »
    Those of us who support the second amendment will note that these mass shootings always take place in weapons-free zones. Places where the shooters know that they'll be facing unarmed civilians.

So what's your solution, more guns?
  • daddy66daddy66 Posts: 12,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah, they are ...What a tired argument, ban alcohol across the breadth and width of the UK and see how it effects the crime rate.
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member

People, here, use knives instead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrkite77 wrote: »

I'm interested in your reasons for supporting the second amendment. What good does 'bearing arms' do?

My uncle who lives in New York State has a gun in every house and in his car. But then again he also hates n****rs He's a total nutjob.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People, here, use knives instead.

I'd rather be knifed than shot. Also a lot more difficult to commit mass murder with a knife.
  • fraserafrasera Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member

you don't give up your rights because of a few freak incidents.

you should have learned this from your experience with terrorism, how much civil liberties do you give up to fight terrorism? its not a game you can win by giving up rights, anyone that claims giving up your rights is the price to make you safe is just a liar.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin