Options

my friend was banned from a US forum for being mixed race.

Comments

• Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nor me... I was merely pointing out that its ironic and somewhat hypocritical to go on about how racism is wrong and appalling behavior and yet abuse the people of Liverpool :confused:
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    What has any of this to do with Digital Spy?
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    Nor me... I was merely pointing out that its ironic and somewhat hypocritical to go on about how racism is wrong and appalling behavior and yet abuse the people of Liverpool :confused:

Same here.

If Judy existed I would be the first to defend her rights and be abhored by the alleged treatment of her and the ridiculous stereotyping upon an arbitrary basis - such as geography like being a Scouser or skin colour.

However, I don't for one second believe Judy exists.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you're encouraging a boycott by advertising the forum....Fookin Ace! :D:D
  • Options
    silver mistresssilver mistress Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Same here.

If Judy existed I would be the first to defend her rights and be abhored by the alleged treatment of her and the ridiculous stereotyping upon an arbitrary basis - such as geography like being a Scouser or skin colour.

However, I don't for one second believe Judy exists.

Oh? Well log onto CBR and look up Tori Pagac...thats Judes username. Shes quite real, I can assure you. Unfortunately so are the insults on the site mentioned. I suppose on the internet you have to accept such things as this [free speech and all] but it dosent mean you have to accept it. Sure youre not confusing your dissagreement with me with whats happened to her?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, sounds like your friend is better off not being on that forum, they don't sound like very nice posters over there.
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy was doing it on purpose to be an ass, 'woman who should be in the kitchen' should have given it away.

Chances are he doesn't act like that in real life.
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Music_box wrote: »
    tl;dr
    You didn't miss much apart from the slight whiff of some smell.....
    I wanted to believe you, I really did.

But...................
    Same here.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she mentioned she ws mixed race as part of a wider discussion on a topic about black super heroes [sounds a bit silly, dosent it]. Apologies for the block post; I dont know how to do paragraphs! Her username was Tori Pagac if that helps. Sorry , I only just got back from seeing her and Im still angry at her unfair treatment. Maybe this might never have happened but they have a general discussion thread and people discuss sex, gender and race topics there. I didnt know Americans could be so prejudiced...its so blatant! All I can offer by way of help is to call for a boycott of the forum [sigh].

:eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    she mentioned she ws mixed race as part of a wider discussion on a topic about black super heroes [sounds a bit silly, dosent it]. Apologies for the block post; I dont know how to do paragraphs! Her username was Tori Pagac if that helps. Sorry , I only just got back from seeing her and Im still angry at her unfair treatment. Maybe this might never have happened but they have a general discussion thread and people discuss sex, gender and race topics there. I didnt know Americans could be so prejudiced...its so blatant! All I can offer by way of help is to call for a boycott of the forum [sigh].

you hit enter.............
  • Options
    SecretSmilerSecretSmiler Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    I shall join your BOYCOTT, silver mistress.

I swear that I shall not post in the Wonder Woman forum on Comic Book Resources until this awful matter is resolved.

And probably for much longer than that.

me too!

can someone tell me where it is so that i can not go there :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine not knowing how to "do" paragraphs :D
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    That username isn't showing as being banned? But if she was banned for a while, sounds like it was because she argued with a mod and a popular fm rather than her race.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member

That's the most shocking thing I've ever read on DS!
    :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sleepydove wrote: »
    Imagine not knowing how to "do" paragraphs :D

Just pressing return randomly during typing would
    of been
    enough.
  • Options
    4pounds644pounds64 Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Things you can actually do: try to find out who hosts the website/forum and check their terms and conditions. Despite it been an American site there are lots of providers who will not lease services to those who breech their conditions. I don't know exactly how to do this as I've never felt the need, but presumably google should help you out with this, and also go and have a look for the small print on their website which may point you in the right direction.

Note that this will, at best, create nothing more than a temporary nuisence for them if they need to find new hosting.

Other than that you could try to get on board the copyright owners/publications/advertisers on their website to boycott or highlight the issue.

None of the above will mean anything if your friend has no proof i.e. screenshots, verifiable emails as otherwise it's a case of he said/she said and you'll get nowhere.

Now if it were me? I'd be inclined to let it go. Mods like that have a habit of taking it too far and land themselves in undeniable legal shite at some point, or completely kill the board at which point you can enjoy the fireworks from afar.
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    me too!

can someone tell me where it is so that i can not go there :D

I'm
    with
    you
    guys

Just demonstrating the use of paragraphs.

Here's another one.

Oooh and another one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As it's only a forum, not a place of bussiness, work, education ect theres not alot you can do. Your friend needs to accept that some people are just ****'s and move on. Does she really want to use a forum like that anyway???
  • Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let me guess; was the forum in question 'stormfront' ? :cool:
  • Options
    silver mistresssilver mistress Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Thanks to everyone whos offered advice and support. From what Ive gleaned, she criticised one of Aegisbearers popular friends/posters and he didnt take too kindly to it. Some of her posts are back up now..."someone" must have took notice of my boycott plea...but theyr being monitored and edited without her consent. Youre all correct--its not worth posting on that forum; dont know why she bothered, there all bitchy and nasty. I think shes going somewhere else. There are plenty of comic sites around for her to go to. No one should be insulted for their race or gender. I shall continue my own boycott of Comic Book Resources and their forums anyhow, whatever her decision is. Thank you all for the kind words.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    america is still very racist, you should hear some of the things they say against barack obama :eek:

Yeah, that's why they voted him in as their President. :rolleyes:

On this note. Brit Teen Banned From USA For Life:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3135327/Obama-rant-Brit-banned-from-US-for-life.html
  • Options
    ayrshiremanayrshireman Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    But if she was banned for a while, sounds like it was because she argued with a mod and a popular fm rather than her race.

I agree. I call BS on this. But rather than take personal reponsibilty, its much easier/lazier to whip out the race card and play the racist victim.
  • Options
    karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like a haven for nerds that I would like to troll :D
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whip wrote: »
    Just pressing return randomly during typing would
    of been