Options

The Mario Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,975
Administrator
Remma wrote: »
Hello everyone. Looks like I missed some exitement over the weekend. That'll teach me to go away. :D

I hope Mario's hand gets better soon, especially as he has his collection to work on, so he needs all his parts in good working order.

As to these rabid Ben fans, there's really no point engaging with them. I think they're likely pissed off that we have contact with our favourite, while Ben seems to have walked away from BB with no thought for anyone. I wish him well in his career, but I'm supremely grateful that Mario was my favourite.

In fact, if Mario was a different sort of person, then it's unlikely I'd still be on here. I don't know about everyone else, but I've gone beyond being interested in his career to liking and respecting him for who he is. This is the first appreciation thread I've ever been a part of, and this is the first time I've still been involved after BB finished, and that's solely down to Mario. If he was anything like the majority of HM's then I would have wished him well for the future, but that would have been it. The fact that he has taken the time to come on here and engage with us, that he has allowed us onto his personal Facebook, and that he follows us on Twitter proves how right we were to 'appreciate' him. He's allowed us to know him as a real person, and not just an HM, and for me, that makes all the difference.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1352505

Comments

• Options
      valdvald Posts: 46,057
      Forum Member
      Great post Remma,totally agree.:)

Thanks to Mods for bringing it forward.:cool:

Can I add my plea to the twitterers to let us know when Mario does a twittcam.:o
    • Options
      GJaneway69GJaneway69 Posts: 7,089
      Forum Member
      vald wrote: »
      Great post Remma,totally agree.:)

Thanks to Mods for bringing it forward.:cool:

Can I add my plea to the twitterers to let us know when Mario does a twittcam.:o

Yep we will hun it was a bit last minute last night, I mentioned it to him then suddenly he appeared lol, will hopefully give you some warning next time :)

And YAY for Part 7! :D
    • Options
      PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
      Forum Member
      Yes, good post Remma. Its' funny how the new media has meant that we can get closer to people. I was only thinking the other day about Boy George. When I was young we used to identify with him in some ways and it's so strange that nowadays you can actually follow people like that and get thier thoughts almost immediately. We'd never have dreamt of that then. Yes, I know that it's sometimes controlled by the stars PR but still it gives me a little thrill when you see a funny or interesting tweet from those that I follow.

The BB housemates seem to allow and encourage fans (don't care for that word so much but it fits) to be even more involved. Do remember though, that some of you are in a slightly different position than the rest of us. Not every fan is on Twitter or Facebook and anyway Mario doesn't follow most of us fans and we don't have his Facebook. I don't mind, it's perfectly reasonable to me, he can't follow everybody, but please can you pass on any little bits of information that we might miss? ;)

Re: Ben, Although I have seemed to ruffle a few JJJ feathers inadvertently I don't get into fan tussles, I can't be bothered. I will go against received wisdom in here and say that I didn't mind him, well as a housemate anyway- he amused me sometimes. I said before and I'll say again he's obviously a very charming man but I imagine that he'd be very hard to get close to, I know someone like that, perhaps that's why I can identify.

I will try to put the notification of any twit cams in here, but I am not always the quickest at noticing things in twitter.

Anyway, hoping you have a nice week molers. :)
    • Options
      welshmamwelshmam Posts: 14,351
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Yay, for us reaching part 7 :)
    • Options
      maidmarymaidmary Posts: 4,790
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Wow, part 7.

Good post Remma and so true about Mario making a lot of effort for his fans, he's proving to be the lovely person we could see he was while in the BB house.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,615
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Part 7 yeah, keep them coming!

Anything I missed from our "Highness" while ruin my day sleeping?
      (I should follow my own advise sometimes, it worked to send Mario to bed last night, but I failed terribly) :o
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Not Mario, but Andrew is on Twitcam right now ;)

Andrew_BB2010 live on http://twitcam.com/2fojf
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,325
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Woo part 7! :D
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Fully agree with the mole army Mazz is a one off he is so down to earth and kind not a bad bone in his body. I for one can't get over how Mazz can be so natural on the twitcam and talk on any subject for 2 hours , and never ever bores , I for one have a very low boredom threshold but could listen to Mazz all night. Then again he did tell us when he was in BB his lectures were the only ones to reach top grade.:cool:;)
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
      Forum Member
      Hello Molers :)

Congrats getting to part 7 :D

I've missed quite a bit of the molehole lately been distracted by twitter and facebook :p

Btw Tweetdeck is very handy for letting you know when Mario is doin a twitcam, everytime you get a tweet you hear a little tweeting noise and the tweet flashes in the corner of the screen its free to download and easy once you get used to it and it makes it much easier to carry on a tweet conversation with others, you can see all your messages on one page and your facebook too :)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Thank you Patty for the info I am useless but never mind getting there slowly but surely lol. By the way where are troops tonight?.:confused:
    • Options
      Forum Member
      PattyMint wrote: »
      Hello Molers :)

Congrats getting to part 7 :D

I've missed quite a bit of the molehole lately been distracted by twitter and facebook :p

Btw Tweetdeck is very handy for letting you know when Mario is doin a twitcam, everytime you get a tweet you hear a little tweeting noise and the tweet flashes in the corner of the screen its free to download and easy once you get used to it and it makes it much easier to carry on a tweet conversation with others, you can see all your messages on one page and your facebook too :)

Hey Patty *waves*,

I downloaded tweet deck and used it for a couple of days but I didn't really like it. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but I can't see how it makes twitter easier, it just seemed more confusing to me.

Plus, I love my DrWho cartoon (yeah yeah I know! :o) that's my twitter backdrop. I don't use Face book much, so maybe that's it, I don't know, I just didn't see the advantage of tweet deck.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      tudor rose wrote: »
      By the way where are troops tonight?.:confused:

I am here, but not really talkative tonight :o
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Hi folks, just thought i would share this with you because i know we have a few cat lovers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSK1D3bZhRs&sns=fb

enjoy :)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I am here, but not really talkative tonight :o

hows the headache ?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Pretzel wrote: »
      I downloaded tweet deck and used it for a couple of days but I didn't really like it. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but I can't see how it makes twitter easier, it just seemed more confusing to me.

Plus, I love my DrWho cartoon (yeah yeah I know! :o) that's my twitter backdrop. I don't use Face book much, so maybe that's it, I don't know, I just didn't see the advantage of tweet deck.

I love face book, i am not liking twitter at all, still feel like i am casting bottles out into the ocean, i think i will stick with here and face book, and pop into twitter when Mario is doing a twitcam.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      welshmam wrote: »
      I love face book, i am not liking twitter at all, still feel like i am casting bottles out into the ocean, i think i will stick with here and face book, and pop into twitter when Mario is doing a twitcam.

See, I'm the opposite. But then, as you may have guessed by now, I am an unsociable biatch sometimes :p and Face-book really works well for people who reach out to others and are lovely, friendly souls like you. :)

I like Twitter because I can follow people I like and who interest me and see what's happening with them. I must admit that I know what you mean about the 'casting bottles out' aspect of not getting a response on twitter sometimes though and that can be a bit disheartening. Twitter definitely works best interactively the more followers you've got, but that takes time I suppose.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      hows the headache ?

Meh... not so good, and even if I have slept all day, I will go back to bed soon, making sure to get up on time, even if I have to work another lateshift tomorrow.

Anyway, I am quite sure I will be all right again tomorrow ;)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Meh... not so good, and even if I have slept all day, I will go back to bed soon, making sure to get up on time, even if I have to work another lateshift tomorrow.

Anyway, I am quite sure I will be all right again tomorrow ;)

hope you do feel better soon :)
    • Options
      maidmarymaidmary Posts: 4,790
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Morning moleholers.

Hope you feel better today Malza and the pesky headache is gone.

Hope Mario's collection is making prgress, it must be hard having to do all the work himself.

Have a nice day everyone.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Morning

Thanks for asking maidmary ;)

Yeah, headache is finally gone, but I still feel soooo tired
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Afternoon Mario Lovers and likers :)

well i have been to work, sorted the washing and put it on, fed the cats, emptied the litter trays, tidied up, filled the dishwasher, laid and lit the fire, checked and answered the mail only thing left to do is play games on the computer :D

how's your day been?
      what's Mario up to today?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      what's Mario up to today?
      SuperMarioMugan
      Busy day! Talking to TV producers and meeting a well known video director for drinks later tonight.

I wonder if they will really talk about something useful, or just getting drunk :D
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hi Welshmam

Sounds like you've had a busy old day, like the idea of your lighting the fire - sounds very cosy. My day, by comparison, has been very restful, although I've had to turn the heating as it's very chilly in south London today, but beautifully sunny and bright. I've also done my Tesco online shop, which is always very boring, so a relief to get that over and done with.
    • Options
      valdvald Posts: 46,057
      Forum Member
      Not Mario, but Andrew is on Twitcam right now ;)

Andrew_BB2010 live on http://twitcam.com/2fojf

Thanks for the info....was able to catch the end of it :D