EE; Straight from the Horses Mouth....

NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
Forum Member
✭✭
I complained on the BBC complaints about the poor handling of the Bobby reveal - especially that there were still unanswered questions e.g. who left the jewellery box under the Christmas tree, how did Jane conceal and carry the body alone, could the other accidents and attacks from Abi and Denise have contributed and this is their response:-

It's worth mentioning that there is still more detail to be revealed about exactly what happened and why certain characters reacted in the ways they did

Comments

• kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,173
    Forum Member
    NELLIENASH wrote: »
    I complained on the BBC complaints about the poor handling of the Bobby reveal - especially that there were still unanswered questions e.g. who left the jewellery box under the Christmas tree, how did Jane conceal and carry the body alone, could the other accidents and attacks from Abi and Denise have contributed and this is their response:-

It's worth mentioning that there is still more detail to be revealed about exactly what happened and why certain characters reacted in the ways they did

I really don't mean to be disrespectful but wasn't that obvious? Of course they are going to revisit all this with further explanations given. The story isn't over, it's just one chapter has ended and another begun.
  • NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I really don't mean to be disrespectful but wasn't that obvious? Of course they are going to revisit all this with further explanations given. The story isn't over, it's just one chapter has ended and another begun.

Perhaps - but all the hype and the fact we waited 10 months did suggest we would be told exactly what happened which was the basis of my complaint.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I think they are going to revisit the Bobby story at a later date so they left loose threads hanging on purpose so that they could be 'pulled' later!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    We have turned into a nation of complainers
  • DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps - but all the hype and the fact we waited 10 months did suggest we would be told exactly what happened which was the basis of my complaint.

I don't think it was ever suggested that we would be told 'exactly' what had happened. Yes, after 10 months we would find out who killed Lucy but they have a lot more story to give us. I think they have made a good job of it so far and I'm looking forward to further developments.
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can tell from last night and Bobby beginning to question if it really was down to him that the story is clearly far from over. I'm just gobsmacked people reacted the way they did to Bobby being the killer, it was so OTT and embarrassing.
  • Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it's of greater interest someone complained about being unsatisfied with the conclusion of the storyline.

What next? An unsatisfactory doof-doof information helpline?
  • eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many tv programmes have you watched where many strands are left unresolved and unanswered? Loads. Do you complain about these? You do? Get a life!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You actually complained?! That's so pathetic it's hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If complaining that the Bobby reveal hasn't been fully wrapped up in nearly a whole week is fair game then I'm off to write my complaint for the handling of Billy's post theft storyline.
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Pathetic.
  • human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I genuinely can't believe you submitted a formal complaint to the BBC because not all the loose ends had been tied up by the end of Friday's episode. That is an incredibly stupid thing to do. Did it really not occur to you that this is still an on-going storyline?
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    KarenCole wrote: »

This - it seems rather petty to complain to the BBC to be honest.
  • glashalffullglashalffull Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I've just complained to the BBC that they are employing someone to handle complaints about Bobby, then I complained to the BBC that they employ someone to handle complaints about the person who handles the Bobby complaints. I have a feeling I have a busy night ahead of me..
    Forum Member

it's fair rnough if you felt that way and wanted to complain but i never thought that everything would be explained. We were told we'd find out who had done it and what happened in Lucy's final hours - and we did. We have actually had an explanation as to the jewellery box being under the tree (bobby put it there for Beth thinking it was a way of remembering lucy) and how Lucy got to the common (Jane carried her there). Now some people may see holes in these explanations and i'm sure they will be revisited in time but we have had explanations to pretty much all the questions set up in the past 10 months - like how her earring and blood got into jake's flat, why abi and Max were behaving so suspiciously, who the photographs belonged to etc.
    Forum Member
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    If complaining that the Bobby reveal hasn't been fully wrapped up in nearly a whole week is fair game then I'm off to write my complaint for the handling of Billy's post theft storyline.

Yes, Billy's post really is the elephant in the room re unexplained plots.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    LOL what a saddo
  • human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Yes, Billy's post really is the elephant in the room re unexplained plots.
    I thought that storyline had been resolved. In one episode we saw Billy ripping open some stolen letters and packages and then he came across a young girl's birthday card with some money in it. He felt so bad at stealing a child's birthday present that he took the remaining un-opened post and threw it in the back of a post van when the postman wasn't looking. I think this was supposed to illustrate that Billy realised how bad he'd become.
    Forum Member
    I thought that storyline had been resolved. In one episode we saw Billy ripping open some stolen letters and packages and then he came across a young girl's birthday card with some money in it. He felt so bad at stealing a child's birthday present that he took the remaining un-opened post and threw it in the back of a post van when the postman wasn't looking. I think this was supposed to illustrate that Billy realised how bad he'd become.

Yes, you're right. But he was never discovered, mas was wrongly accused wasn't he? That plot strand was never tied up.

But you know what, life often isn't neatly tied up. Which going back to the OP, is the reason why there may always be some unanswered questions about Lucy's death and immediate aftermath as only Bobby was there and he's been convinced it didn't happen in the way he thinks. Jane only has what he said when she first arrived at the scene of the crime as to what really happened and she is so desperate to protect him she may never tell everything. So, there may always be things we don't know.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    KarenCole wrote: »
    A nation Babies I always call them.

I am glad i'm not included in that small number.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DCM10 wrote: »
    I don't think it was ever suggested that we would be told 'exactly' what had happened. Yes, after 10 months we would find out who killed Lucy but they have a lot more story to give us. I think they have made a good job of it so far and I'm looking forward to further developments.

We were told that we would find out exactly what happened to Lucy on the night that she died. The flashback episode ended as soon as she died and we didn't even see the fatal blow. So in my personal opinion we were misled on that basis; I expected to see the body moved to the common. (Although the word used was clever, because we did see what happened in the run up to her death)
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want to live in the UK anymore, full of complainers and moaners.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Wow, is there really any need to be so unpleasant to the OP? Disagreeing is one thing but some of the comments in this thread are very unnecessary.
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    If there were ever a time for the rolling eyes emote...
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I'm just gobsmacked people reacted the way they did to Bobby being the killer, it was so OTT and embarrassing.

Erm how, it made a complete laughing stock of the storyline and the show.
This discussion has been closed.