Still as good as it was 8 yrs ago when first shown

..did you enjoy this series

Was it shocking to you as a viewer?

Comments

• leoleo Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was great!

Except for the end of the second film-like bit...

it wasn't quite as bad as the end of green wing though :o
  • PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    Yes the end of series 2 was awful. Ruined an otherwise quality show.
  • Vic MackeyVic Mackey Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant show, would recommend it to anyone.
  • nytramfilmsnytramfilms Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    The only problem I have is that RTD decided to end it even though ch4 wanted a second and third series!
    Forum Member
    The only problem I have is that RTD decided to end it even though ch4 wanted a second and third series!
    And the way he ended it, just awful :(
  • leoleo Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a spinning jeep, and then the whole american thing?

Pretty bad...
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the show a few years ago. But unfortunatly can't remember how the show ended though.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i loved that program. thought it was great :)
  • julia1411julia1411 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Brilliant show. Loved it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened at the end of series two? Can some one gimmie some info on RTD's Queer as folk series please :)
  • 'Sup'Sup Posts: 324
    Forum Member

He decided that he had one story to tell and that he was going to tell it and that was that. It was incredibly successful for Channel 4 and I think they wanted an extended series for Series 2 but he didn't and that was that. I haven't seen the last episode but hope to see it soon if it ever appears on Virgin Media's on demand service. But it was a great show.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the first series was quite good. They'd have only wrecked it by doing any more episodes anyway.
  • QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it, and the american version is even better...... got all the DVD's i occasinally have a binge viewing of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quackers wrote:
    Loved it, and the american version is even better...... got all the DVD's i occasinally have a binge viewing of it.

The american version got too 'issue' based...with aids etc. The whole point of the British QAF was that wasn't issue based, it was just about a group of gay guys.

Having said that, I did quite like the American version, espeically Brian!
  • jonty9jonty9 Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    qaf usa was great..i hope e4 will show the final series of it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    do you know what annoyed me about the end of series two? You never quite knew whether stuart and vince got together! I hate being left hanging forever!

I absolutely loved this series- it's one of those shows that if you have a binge watch on dvd you're really sad when you finish the series! I always want to go back to the little work of nathan, stuart and vince (i love vince so much!) and see what they're doing.

Interestingly two of my fave channel 4 series of the last ten years have been queer as folk and shameless- the link between them? QAF's Vince is played by Craig Kelly, whose real life brother is Dean Lennox Kelly aka Kev Ball in Shameless!
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,055
    Forum Member
    QAF was great, although the guy who played Nathan is an appalling actor! I remember the Daily Mail getting really steamed up over the show back in 1999, although it would seem fairly tame now
    Forum Member
    jen0607 wrote:
    The american version got too 'issue' based...with aids etc. The whole point of the British QAF was that wasn't issue based, it was just about a group of gay guys.

Having said that, I did quite like the American version, espeically Brian!
    Oh yes the USA version was awful :eek:

It was like it was written by a gang of gay political activists. It had every gay cliche you could think of and was just bad from 2nd series to last series 5.
  • TomTom Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Oh come on the US series wasn't that bad - there were good characters in it, and I think when push comes to shove even though both shows were based on the same premise, you have to treat them as two totally different ones because they were. If QAF UK had continued it may have been remembered for something different than it is today, similarly if QAF US had finished after 22 episodes it would have been remembered differently than it is now - for a start we would all have been wondering if Justin had survived that bashing with a baseball bat (thanks BBC Choice/Three for *not* screening series 2!)

As for QAF UK - for those who want to see it and don't want to buy the DVDs etc - just download it from 4OD (Channel 4 on demand) tis only 99p I believe!
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Irishman in Queer As Folk...I wonder if he is still as HOTTTTTT now as he was all those years ago!
    Forum Member
    It would be nice if Channel 4 could get him to write a one-off episode in a couple of years - 10 years after it was first broadcast, just to see where they are now.
    Forum Member
    At the end of the series, RTD did show what happened to the characters using photographs wih a short explanation. All where very surreal, lol.

Ahh OK, I haven't seen the final episode as explained above. Still waiting for Virgin Media to pull their finger out because its still missing from their on demand service, despite all the other episodes being there.
    Forum Member
    All the episodes are there except the final one. I don't know if it's Channel 4's fault or Virgin's but it is annoying when you've watched all the episodes but can't see the last one.
    Forum Member
    No thanks. :D

I want to wait to see it. We're getting V+ soon so it might pop up there. If not I'll get it on DVD. But thanks. :)
  • mdtaukmdtauk Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure the Dr Who fan, was in an episode of Afterlife, playing Allison's father in flashbacks...