Tumble (Merged)

Comments

• AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    So who’s going to host? I’d put a little bet on Chris Evans.

I imagine that they'll have Louis Smith training the celebrities just as Tom Daley serves the same function in Splash.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaditano wrote: »
    Good title, but oh dear.......

You say that now. But if it rates poorly then that title is presenting a perfect opportunity for ironic headlines as TV critics queue up to kick it in its nuts.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently C5 are working on Celebrity Tiddlywinks
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly are these people going to do?

These days we're used to absolutely fantastic performances in European and World competitions on all apparatus, particularly floor, uneven bars and beam. The sport progresses every year.
    Those who watch gymnastics accept these as the norm. But I bet the viewing figures aren't that good. The last World competition was on "the red button."

What standard can we expect from the "Z-listers?"
    Push-ups, Forward rolls and the pièce de résistance
    a cartwheel, or a slipped disc?
    We'll all be setting our recorders for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What exactly are these people going to do?

These days we're used to absolutely fantastic performances in European and World competitions on all apparatus, particularly floor, uneven bars and beam. The sport progresses every year.
    Those who watch gymnastics accept these as the norm. But I bet the viewing figures aren't that good. The last World competition was on "the red button."

What standard can we expect from the "Z-listers?"
    Push-ups, Forward rolls and the pièce de résistance
    a cartwheel, or a slipped disc?
    We'll all be setting our recorders for that.

Channel 4 did a show a couple of years ago where sportsmen and women trained celebs to compete in several sporting events including diving, javelin, judo and gymnastics. I guess this will be something along the lines of that. Highly unoriginal as per usual.
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Why when they show that I like where they get celebrities to learn ice dancing is coming to an end forever?

But it seems that all every show now is "Right let's get a bunch of celebrities - Check! Now all we have to do is give them something to do. Everyone write something ridiculous on a piece of paper and we'll pick it out of the hat..... ......Ooooo! Synchronised Pheasant Plucking!"
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Apparently C5 are working on Celebrity Tiddlywinks

No, Channel 5 are always wanting to attract (and fail) the tweenie market, so it will be Celebrity Twerking.
  • Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I misread that as Louie Spence.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I misread that as Louie Spence.:)

:eek: I hope not.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why when they show that I like where they get celebrities to learn ice dancing is coming to an end forever?

But it seems that all every show now is "Right let's get a bunch of celebrities - Check! Now all we have to do is give them something to do. Everyone write something ridiculous on a piece of paper and we'll pick it out of the hat..... ......Ooooo! Synchronised Pheasant Plucking!"

I'd suggest "Celebrities Splitting Slates."

No hang on!
    Enough of them have been shown doing that to fill a one hour programme.
  • kittenkong42kittenkong42 Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope, that's not what it says. Same misreading there as the Huffington Post made. :D The quote says:
    Trainers who worked with British Olympic gymnastics stars Louis Smith and Beth Tweddle will train up the celebrities.

Though I would expect Louis & Beth to be involved in some capacity...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    It's amazing to think that some executives have actually been paid to come up with this rubbish. It's like something you'd expect to see on Channel 5, not BBC1. :eek:
  • cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    I think it sounds like fun, I'll be tuning in!
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Television has now officially scraped the bottom of the ideas barrel.

No one has yet ordered Monkey Tennis, so I disagree :)
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally here.. called "Tumble"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/tumble-line-up

Seems to be Strictly Come Dancing meets Cirque du Soleil. Just seen an advert for it on BBC One so it's coming soon.

Will be interesting to see if it's any good. I think this type of show always favours people with previous sporting history because they'll already have some of the core strength required to pull off some of the routines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally here.. called "Tumble"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/tumble-line-up

Seems to be Strictly Come Dancing meets Cirque du Soleil. Just seen an advert for it on BBC One so it's coming soon.

Will be interesting to see if it's any good. I think this type of show always favours people with previous sporting history because they'll already have some of the core strength required to pull off some of the routines.

They're trailing it like crazy during the Commonwealth Games. Just caught a brief glimpse of John Partridge and Carl Froch.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might've watched it if Alex Jones wasn't presenting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe it's taken this long to come to our screens. Says a lot really that the BBC don't have much belief in this show.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe it's taken this long to come to our screens. Says a lot really that the BBC don't have much belief in this show.
    Or maybe, just maybe, they wanted to capitalise on the Commonwealth Games, what better time that just afterwards. Would have been a waste a couple of months ago.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I might've watched it if Alex Jones wasn't presenting.

Same here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    delete
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Alex Jones is a bizarre choice of host. Why not her One Show co-host and former gymnast Matt Baker with Helen Skelton as co-host?
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it has celebrities in it, That is me out.
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the judges be scoring out of 10 Etc?