Any way to get missed PS+ games?

technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,

I am guessing the answer is no, but I have missed a few PS3 and PSVita free games during my Subscription and wondered if there is any way to get them? I had a valid Sub during the time so technically I have paid to get them but missed the download window. Any chance?

Thanks.

Comments

• HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless you claimed them when they were on the service you have missed your chance.

You should "buy" everything that is added to PS+ so it gets added to your download list. That way should you want to play it after its been removed from the PS+ offer you can still download it later from you Download List.
  • technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought so.... not fair really as I've paid up! I just got a Vita so missed out on wipeout and lummeries I think plus Batman for PS3.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah that's a shame for you. You should do what Hotbird said, that's what I do, with th Vita games too even though I don't own one just in case I get one in the future and then I won't have to buy many games, just a large memory card lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm positive i checked out on lumines and another psvita game but cannot seem to see it in my download list, wonder if theres a possible bug?
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also added all of the Vita games to my dl list when they came on, and have since bought a Vita so it was well worth it! I've not bought a single Vita game thanks to PS+.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I have a PS Sub, out of curiosity how often does the free games to download be updated? Presently Uncharted, Wipeout, Metal Gear HD etc have been on the store for quite a while now.

When will the next line up of free games be made available?
  • technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see Wipeout there, showing as £30 for Vita.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a PS Sub, out of curiosity how often does the free games to download be updated? Presently Uncharted, Wipeout, Metal Gear HD etc have been on the store for quite a while now.

When will the next line up of free games be made available?

The typical update works like this.

Week One = 3 PS3 games
    Week Two = 1 Vita Game
    Week Three = 1 Vita game

Some games stay around for a while (Normally Sony games) while others only stay for the month.

Occasionally we get bonus content in a month and that might only be available for a couple of days / weeks (Like God of War HD or the Defiance beta)

@dundeederryboy those games are still on my list so if it is a bug its certainly not hitting everyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    @hotbird, thanks for that info mate.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Ive just gone and bought all the free games.

I feel a bit stoopid for not thinking of it myself. Thats 2 months worth of games Ive missed.

Cheers Hotbird!
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought so.... not fair really as I've paid up! I just got a Vita so missed out on wipeout and lummeries I think plus Batman for PS3.

I missed out on Batman too, I bought the subscription after seeing this on offer and finally thinking what the hell, and it wasn't there, even though it was still plastered all over the PSN page. But there have been a few games I have picked up so I don't mind too much.

Also if you buy all the free games do you have to download them before they are added to your download list?
  • rehmanmohamedrehmanmohamed Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed out on Batman too, I bought the subscription after seeing this on offer and finally thinking what the hell, and it wasn't there, even though it was still plastered all over the PSN page. But there have been a few games I have picked up so I don't mind too much.

Also if you buy all the free games do you have to download them before they are added to your download list?

No. You just have to 'buy' them. No need to download.

You could also just buy them using the online store and they will be added to your download list
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. You just have to 'buy' them. No need to download.

You could also just buy them using the online store and they will be added to your download list
    Yeah that's what I do.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/home/games/psplus

A lot quicker than the console store and no need to buy then cancel/skip download.

Also a tiny bit easier to find the PS+ stuff.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I do.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/home/games/psplus

A lot quicker than the console store and no need to buy then cancel/skip download.

Also a tiny bit easier to find the PS+ stuff.

Awesome. You're a handy bunch of guys to have about the place, ya know !
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's important is if they're in your download list on the store. You can check that by going to the download list on the store and seeing if it's there.

That sounded a lot more sarcastic that I meant...