Daybreak - New Look from Jan 3rd

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Studio 3 is home to Loose Women and Lorraine. And was the home to GMTV for it's last few months while Al Jazerra Sport moved out of Studio 7 (Daybreak) to Studio 5 if that makes sense.

If Lorraine doesn't get the gig I would like Emma Crosby or Helen Fospero to - or Kate!
  • happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how Daybreak's ratings are this week?
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that Gethin Jones and Matt Barbett are being talked about as potential hosts with Lorraine Kelly......oh dear....difficult to think of blander talking heads than these...what about presenters with a bit of edge or personality?

Also hear that Richard Arnold may be being brought back ???? I always found his weak sense of humour,fake manner and worst kind of laughing at his own 'jokes' one of the worst things about the old GMTV......when he was briefly given a spin off slot of his own it was so terrible it was unmissable.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as the audience fell to 500,000 this week something needs to be done.
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Well as the audience fell to 500,000 this week something needs to be done.

Brining back Richard Arnold?? http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/tv-film-news/daybreak-bringing-back-gmtvs-richard-794720

Really hope Lorraine doesnt get the job!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think virtually every story the Mirror has published about Daybreak has turned out to be wrong !

Reminds me of their famous 3am Girls ''scoop'' that Prince Harry had fallen out of a nightclub in London. Subsequent enquiries proved he had been in Afghanistan at the time:eek:
    Forum Member
    I think virtually every story the Mirror has published about Daybreak has turned out to be wrong !

Reminds me of their famous 3am Girls ''scoop'' that Prince Harry had fallen out of a nightclub in London. Subsequent enquiries proved he had been in Afghanistan at the time:eek:

Looking at the reporters other articles a lot of them seem to be of a made up form, see here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/authors/mark-jefferies/
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a shame a few other old faces an't returning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the same Daily Mirror that recently ran a big feature praising the BBC for making Downton ?
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    All they will do is a GMTV clone (and deny it is so) or a poor BBC Breakfast copy.

Can you imagine the ITV execs seriously doing anything that might be innovative?
    The Big Breakfast launched with Chris Evans - a big risk - puppets interviewing celebs - the studio crew as audience etc etc. Can you imagine any pf them taking those kinds of risks.

Don't forget - these are the guys who cut Tim Minchin from the Jonathon Ross show after commissioning him to write and perform a song for the Xmas show.

If they want better ratings than Daybreak they will just do what they did with Saturday mornings - repeats of Corrie and This Morning.
    Umm - were they thinking that Minchin was another Richard Stilgoe?

More fool them.... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the same Daily Mirror that recently ran a big feature praising the BBC for making Downton ?

Was it not the daily mirror that broke the story about Adrian and Christine being axed? If so, they seem to have inside information and it seems to be correct. 500,000 is pathetic, but the show is pretty bad, no matter who presents it.
    Forum Member
    happy tv wrote: »
    Was it not the daily mirror that broke the story about Adrian and Christine being axed?

Different journalist who has been spot on with any inseider information with ITV stories. This was written by someone with no truth in other articles what so ever!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvworld101 wrote: »
    Different journalist who has been spot on with any inseider information with ITV stories. This was written by someone with no truth in other articles what so ever!

I think Daybreak producers were hoping that BBC Breakfast move up north would help their ratings. It actually made them worse lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Daybreak producers were hoping that BBC Breakfast move up north would help their ratings. It actually made them worse lol

Perhaps BBC Breakfast is picking up viewers in the north now there is a sudden burst of stories from north of Watford:D
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps BBC Breakfast is picking up viewers in the north now there is a sudden burst of stories from north of Watford:D

I couldn't tell the difference between Breakfast from London or Salford editorially. It's still a nationally focused product.

The only difference has been in some of the experts, such as the doctor who also works on the Granada produced Jeremy Kyle show.

As for Daybreak, if the Newshour story is true, it's the right direction, although bringing back Dickie Arnold is a turn-off as much as watching Garraway and Lobb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it not the daily mirror that broke the story about Adrian and Christine being axed? If so, they seem to have inside information and it seems to be correct. 500,000 is pathetic, but the show is pretty bad, no matter who presents it.

I thought it was one of the Sunday papers that broke the story but I could be wrong - it was certainly leaked by ITV mission control. What's happened to Christine - Adrian is still doing the footie but she seems to have disappeared.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was one of the Sunday papers that broke the story but I could be wrong - it was certainly leaked by ITV mission control. What's happened to Christine - Adrian is still doing the footie but she seems to have disappeared.

I thought she was on the TV over Easter.
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,698
    Forum Member
    I couldn't tell the difference between Breakfast from London or Salford editorially. It's still a nationally focused product.

The only difference has been in some of the experts, such as the doctor who also works on the Granada produced Jeremy Kyle show.

As for Daybreak, if the Newshour story is true, it's the right direction, although bringing back Dickie Arnold is a turn-off as much as watching Garraway and Lobb.

BBC's Breakfast has had a very smooth changeover from London to Salford. The studio colours and lighting are brighter but the whole production is as effortless as ever.

Why is it that the BBC can get presenters who just fit in and do a grand job, whilst Daybreak have a melee of mediocre bumblers who bore the life out of the viewer?

Gethin Jones ..... good natural presenter who is proved himself on 'live' tv, however the linchpin will be the co-presenter.

It has to be a big 'no' to Loraine Kelly, :eek: imagine having her saying 'really really great, really fantastic, really brilliant at everything for an hour and a half!

As for the Arnold 'my/your good self' bloke, it would be such a backward step, surely most viewers are fed up of him.

As someone has said the lady on the news desk is cold and uninteresting too, and stares at the autocue like a rabbit in headlights.

I never watch daybreak now and if I do switch over to see what is on there is either an ad break or the competition.

Breakfast will always be the winner in the ratings, no matter what Daybreak manages to produce. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    BBC's Breakfast has had a very smooth changeover from London to Salford. The studio colours and lighting are brighter but the whole production is as effortless as ever.

Why is it that the BBC can get presenters who just fit in and do a grand job, whilst Daybreak have a melee of mediocre bumblers who bore the life out of the viewer?

Gethin Jones ..... good natural presenter who is proved himself on 'live' tv, however the linchpin will be the co-presenter.

It has to be a big 'no' to Loraine Kelly, :eek: imagine having her saying 'really really great, really fantastic, really brilliant at everything for an hour and a half!

As for the Arnold 'my/your good self' bloke, it would be such a backward step, surely most viewers are fed up of him.

As someone has said the lady on the news desk is cold and uninteresting too, and stares at the autocue like a rabbit in headlights.

I never watch daybreak now and if I do switch over to see what is on there is either an ad break or the competition.

Breakfast will always be the winner in the ratings, no matter what Daybreak manages to produce. ;)

Gethin Jones, a good natural presenter? Were you watching Holding out for a hero? Blander than bland
    Forum Member

It was the mirror but the reporter has gotten all her Daybreak articles spot on
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV seem too not be doing a relaunch just throwing in bits at a time too see if viewers switch to see what is happening then stick if they like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    ITV seem too not be doing a relaunch just throwing in bits at a time too see if viewers switch to see what is happening then stick if they like.

According to the ratings they 'no likey' so far
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,698
    Forum Member
    Gethin Jones, a good natural presenter? Were you watching Holding out for a hero? Blander than bland

That was a poor tedious show, bad format and never knew why he ever accepted the gig.

He cut his teeth on Blue Peter where he excelled at live tv and thinking on his feet. He did some OB's for Daybreak before Christmas and tbh it was the best bit that Daybreak has ever produced, albeit that would not be difficult!!
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the subject of BBC breakfast from Salford, its early days, novelty value still applies, give it a month and we will have true figures.

As for Daybreak, why not get some presenters from the itv regions, trial them over the summer and give the gig to the best ones? Alternatively how about ' Search for a Daybreak Star', where members of the pubic are whittled down to two winners for the posts of main presenters on GMTV Daybreak Today :rolleyes: wait itv already tried something similar on Loose Women, the new presenter was rarely seen and lasted one series
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorksdave wrote: »
    On the subject of BBC breakfast from Salford, its early days, novelty value still applies, give it a month and we will have true figures.
    Why would there be any novelty value when there has been no relaunch, no major changes, where even the change of Sian to Susanna/Susanna to Louise/Chris Hollins to Sally Nugent were phased in a few weeks prior to the move, and where the format, approach and content is to all intents and purposes, the same?

The only real change is the move to HD and the studio backdrop.