will britney spears ever get a uk number one album?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I highly doubt it! Kylie was always the true princess of pop in the UK! Britney still has America on lock but I'm afraid she's lost the key for the UK. She's got and will always have a large fan base here but they are really only interested in her classics.

Her best chance is literally to release her album summer the summer within a week which nothing is being released and all the big sellers have decreased to an extent where they can toppled by any new album.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    I highly doubt it! Kylie was always the true princess of pop in the UK! Britney still has America on lock but I'm afraid she's lost the key for the UK. She's got and will always have a large fan base here but they are really only interested in her classics.

Her best chance is literally to release her album summer the summer within a week which nothing is being released and all the big sellers have decreased to an extent where they can toppled by any new album.

Yes because in 99-2004 save for Fever Britney was outselling Kylie and was arguably bigger. Which refers me to 1988-92 Kylie's first career peak before things headed south much like Britney but Kylie came back with Spinning Around and went on to a second career high so if like Kylie she can get another big hit to propel her back there is no reason why she shouldn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Yes because in 99-2004 save for Fever Britney was outselling Kylie and was arguably bigger. Which refers me to 1988-92 Kylie's first career peak before things headed south much like Britney but Kylie came back with Spinning Around and went on to a second career high so if like Kylie she can get another big hit to propel her back there is no reason why she shouldn't.

Britney will almost never do a comeback like Kylie, I mean you can tell just by looking at her that she frankly doesn't give a shit anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets get this straight.....there is room for both Britney and Kylie in the Pop market....proven and tested 1999 - 2004.....so where this all too personal attitude has come from i have no idea?

Britney Spears has a new enthusiasm brought on by her recent X Factor atention and of course Scream & Shout success...she has brushed past A-listers recently at a Oscar gala and has been seen smiling with her sons out and about with a newer image...which i hope she continues to reinvent.

The space is ready for her when Britney is ready :) Britney has already had more comebacks than Cher has had Farewells ;) So its all fine and dandy....regardless of ehr personal enthusiasm for music...her fanbase will always get her to sell a million copies of ehr album regardless :) BUT i do think that enthusiasm is coming back...she just needs to take a leaf out of her heroes books....take pages out of Madonnas, study Prince and Bowie, have a gase at Janet Jackson and MJ and really make a Britney spin on it....If the musics good, the image is good, the themes are good, the eprformances are good and the promo is good...the sales, stats and positions will be good :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    Britney will almost never do a comeback like Kylie, I mean you can tell just by looking at her that she frankly doesn't give a shit anymore.

People said the same of Kylie her career was in the toilet post IP im a huge fan but there is no denying if not for SA it would have been CBB or IACGMOOH. And in fact pot S&S for the first time in years Britney genuinely seems to give a hit so anything is possible.

And Jp we weren't pitting them against each other i was just referring Britney to her closest contemporary who suffered a similar career fate befoe pulling it back of corse there is room ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People said the same of Kylie her career was in the toilet post IP im a huge fan but there is no denying if not for SA it would have been CBB or IACGMOOH. And in fact pot S&S for the first time in years Britney genuinely seems to give a hit so anything is possible.

And Jp we weren't pitting them against each other i was just referring Britney to her closest contemporary who suffered a similar career fate befoe pulling it back of corse there is room ;)

KERCHINK!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KERCHINK!

I mean if Kylie can pull back from that and Britney from a meltdown a fall in sales/interest is nothing :p
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mean if Kylie can pull back from that and Britney from a meltdown a fall in sales/interest is nothing :p

Totally! The Princesses are A-OK! haha!

Im lookin forward to what Britney and Darkchild and Hit-Boy are cooking up for album 8!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Bowie got his first EVER American number 1 last month! And that is 40 plus years in the industry!

WOW, OH WOW, did you just compare Britney Spears a pop artist to David Bowie? WTF. One writes his own songs, play instruments and is respected by the best musicians around the world, the other is just known for cheesy pop songs with hardly any clothing on her videoes. Next time compare a Lambo to a Fiesta, it would be a closer match. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    They are not talking about specifics, they are just listing people who have had prolonged success. And Madonna is notorious for being sexual in her videos! Remember that stunt she pulled at the 2004 VMAs, kissing Britney and Xtina?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heist wrote: »
    WOW, OH WOW, did you just compare Britney Spears a pop artist to David Bowie? WTF. One writes his own songs, play instruments and is respected by the best musicians around the world, the other is just known for cheesy pop songs with hardly any clothing on her videoes. Next time compare a Lambo to a Fiesta, it would be a closer match. :D
    You knew the poster wasn't comparing Britney to David Bowie, the question was can Britney ever get a number one album. The poster was clearly saying it's possible as Bowie got his first #1 album 40 years into his career.

Utterly pathetic the way you clutched at straws to take a dig at Britney :)
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally off topic but Bowie didn't get his first US #1 album this year, The Next Day lost out to Bon Jovi.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heist wrote: »

Maybe if your read it correctly and put it in the correct context you would realise that they were aming a link between Bowies success and lack of Us #1 untiil well over 40 years into his career;) But anyway he didn't but almost did so point still atnds it was his highet ever entry :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Totally off topic but Bowie didn't get his first US #1 album this year, The Next Day lost out to Bon Jovi.

That too was clarified earlier if people bothered to read....it was just a dig at Britney from a poster....and posts earlier clarified this!

ugh!

Anyhow :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    About release weeks though, I think for her and her management it's really all about the U.S and being able to be successful there, they aren't going to plan a whole album around just a UK release date lol, she's already had 6 number 1 U.S albums so I doubt she gives a flying f*ck about getting a number 1 in the UK tbh.

Apparently she did say she would love a UK number 1 album when asked what else she would like to achive, this was years ago though.
    She has family from UK (her dads mum I think was british) so why wouldn't she.

I'm shocked she has never won a brit either.

Like someone else said her best work was In The Zone and Blackout which were the albums she had control over the most. She even had to fight to get Toxic released.

IMO her albums are better than a lot of what other big artists have released (Rihanna espicially). Everything form the album Britney has been amazing.

A lot her best music, performances and video outfits (which a lot are iconic) have been all her ideas, she's a very creative person.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's crazy to think that a megastar like Britney Spears who has ruled the music industry for the best part of fifteen years has not scored a UK number one album till date.

Of course she has achieved great sales figures but just not the top spot, I strongly believe that she can still do it, she just needs to do a decent amount of promotion and schedule a release date that is not crowded with lots of new releases.

Here hoping album number 8 will FINALLY get Britney a number 1 album in the UK.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glad i'm not the only one who loves the britney album I thought it was her best hardly a bad song on it.
    the outakes were also great I thought her first 2 were basically a collection of singles and some album filler tracks.
    where as that album almost every song could have been a single I thought cinderella or before the goodbye should have been singles ahead of boys or I'm a slave 4 u.
    I personally think britney dosen't have ambition she used to.
    probably because she achieved everything so young.