Raised By Wolves

Comments

• walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    It was a bit strange when they drove all round the city centre to drop Chief Inspector Japp off when he only lived round the corner.

We don't all talk the same round here.

It's in the Black Country.

I know where Willenhall is Sulla, I live about a mile from it.
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this suffers the same problem as the similarly toned Hebburn, it's trying desperately hard to mix rude humour with this sense of charm yet none of the characters or actors seem to have the natural charm to pull it off.

It just seemed all slightly forced which is a shame as the adverts really sold me.

I might give it another try however.
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very funny, not precious about locations and accents, just a very funny script with really funny actresses. Can not wait for the second episode.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen Monks was on Sunday Brunch this morning and I can see why she was chosen to play "Caitlin" as she seems just like her in real life!
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    What an absolute pile of s****:o. I managed 10 minutes and it was truly abysmal.

Same for me - I recorded it - didn't make it to the end when I tried to watch - it was just boring.

Bluestone 42 - best current comedy on any channel.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode tonight. Some of the humour perhaps goes over the heads of some people but it's better that way than dumbing down.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I thought tonight's episode was an improvement on the last one, Rebekah Staton carried the show single-handedly last week whereas this week the entire cast worked well together. Germaine is still too annoying but I'm really liking Aretha.
  • Boz_LowdownlBoz_Lowdownl Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Great episode tonight. Some of the humour perhaps goes over the heads of some people but it's better that way than dumbing down.

I personally find that if the humour goes over the head of some people then it is because it is really not funny. But to be fair, I haven't watched the second episode, 10 minutes of the first one was more than enough.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most famous landmark in Wolverhampton has yet to be seen or mentioned.
  • batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Moon Under The Water? 😀
    Forum Member

That's because Moran seems to have little regard for her home town.
  • sorrellsorrell Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, would we expect anything less from the mouthy Leftie pin-up, single mother, man hater Caitlin Moran ?

Since when has she been a single mother or a man hater? Derrr! Feminist, yes, but that doesn't automatically make someone a man hater!

I loved it btw x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally find that if the humour goes over the head of some people then it is because it is really not funny.
    So I assume you think Monty Python, League of Gentlemen, Black Books, Green Wing, Yes Minister, Family Guy and countless others are really not funny?
    Forum Member
    So I assume you think Monty Python, League of Gentlemen, Black Books, Green Wing, Yes Minister, Family Guy and countless others are really not funny?

Indeed.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I really wanted to like this but I find it a bit try hard in places.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gave up after ten mins. Dreadful stuff. A wide range of accents, none of them especially convincing. No laughs. I could weep for Inspector Japp.

Quite liked the woman playing Mum. She had some oomph and some welly. But she didn't have any funny lines or situations.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    I am finding it very entertaining even if I am seemingly well out of the demographic that posters on here seem to think it is aimed at.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I'm finding it entertaining too, not LOL more of a snigger.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    batesy2000 wrote: »
    The Moon Under The Water? 😀
    :p
    That's because Moran seems to have little regard for her home town.

Possibly a Baggies supporter !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member

I agree! I think this is the best thing I've seen on telly for a long time. It very sharp and brilliantly written. Very rare nowadays. I live in the Midlands and the accents are very good, although it makes my toes curl. The term 'Bab', although it makes me cringe, is used a lot, even where I live, miles away from the Black Country. So funny. Well done Channel 4!
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The civic?
    moon under the water?
    the train station?
    east park?
    Forum Member
    The civic?
    moon under the water?
    the train station?
    east park?

Man on the Oss I reckon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Same for me - I recorded it - didn't make it to the end when I tried to watch - it was just boring.

Bluestone 42 - best current comedy on any channel.
    I watched that on your recommendation. It was truly terrible.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 2nd episode was just as much of a laugh-free zone as the first for me. I have the same complaints as I did after the first episode too. I quickly grow weary of the bursts of music throughout the episodes.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the dialogue is perhaps just a little bit too knowing and witty for those kids, but I still thought it was exceptionally funny. It's instantly been promoted to my favourite programme on telly at the moment, with elements of Uncle and Mad, Fat Teenage Diary.

I thought the joke about monkeys gone to heaven was far too obscure for most of the target audience though :D

I laughed at that joke to be fair :)

I'm loving this series, found the jokes around periods near the knuckle but hilarious nonetheless :blush::D