Rebound - quiz on ITV

tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,226
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Crikey they've had this series tucked away for a long time. It's supposedly a new episode but there was just a question about who hosted the last FiFA World Cup and the 'correct' answer was South Africa, which means it was made before the 2014 Rio one!

Not a bad format apart from the charisma-free host.

Comments

• Baz_JamesBaz_James Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tgabber wrote: »
    Crikey they've had this series tucked away for a long time. It's supposedly a new episode but there was just a question about who hosted the last FiFA World Cup and the 'correct' answer was South Africa, which means it was made before the 2014 Rio one!

Think you must have heard the question wrong. This series wasn't even commissioned until May this year and the first series was made in 2015.
  • tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baz_James wrote: »
    Think you must have heard the question wrong. This series wasn't even commissioned until May this year and the first series was made in 2015.

Definitely didn't hear the question wrong. I was so surprised at the answer i rewound to double-check the question.

EDIT: on reflection the question was 'country hosted most-recently' and as Brazil wasn't in the multiple choice selection then of course South Africa is right. It isn't the most recent but is of the answers provided.
  • KaftanmanKaftanman Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes a good format for a potentially nice pacy quiz, but aforementioned charisma-free host spoils it by apparently having to find out from every contestant the reason they gave their answer to every question, thereby slowing proceedings down to the pace of a snail on mogadon.

Bored stiff, turned over after 15 minutes.
  • Baz_JamesBaz_James Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaftanman wrote: »
    Yes a good format for a potentially nice pacy quiz, but aforementioned charisma-free host spoils it by apparently having to find out from every contestant the reason they gave their answer to every question, thereby slowing proceedings down to the pace of a snail on mogadon.

There does seem to be something of a trend in quiz shows these days to ask as few questions as possible! Is there a worldwide shortage? Has the question exchange collapsed? We must be told!
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They brought this garbage back for another series?
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show I recorded will be the last one of the series on November 11th.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the show and I meant to apply for the new series. Drat. I like Sean as the host. I mean Ben Shephard is hardly charisma-central.
  • RichardSteward7RichardSteward7 Posts: 304
    Forum Member

I suspect they only have Sean Fletcher on GMB to make the other presenters seem more interesting than they actually are. :o
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect they only have Sean Fletcher on GMB to make the other presenters seem more interesting than they actually are. :o

Despite being their sports editor GMB didn't send him to the Olympics but sent someone else, a big vote of confidence.
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The question was which of the listed countries hosted it the most recently, not who hosted it in 2014. If Brazil was listed that would obviously be the answer. I can see where the confusion lies though.
  • tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Sean would just shut up and stop repeating the rules all the time I could quite enjoy this. As it is I find him so irritating I don't think I'll watch again.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great win today :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be appearing on the final episode today.
  • Francis_ChuFrancis_Chu Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Lenitive wrote: »
    A great win today :)
    Only won on a technicality.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Sean Fletcher still stressing out over contestants not getting answers correct and emphasising to them the importance of them needing to get answers right to win?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That and how quick to buzz which I feel myself and many others felt pressured into pressing anything hoping it was right.
  • Boz_LowdownlBoz_Lowdownl Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Sean Fletcher still stressing out over contestants not getting answers correct and emphasising to them the importance of them needing to get answers right to win?

I do enjoy this show, but it would be so much better with a decent host. Fletcher is abysmal: "Remember you can only answer the question when the bar is in your half" ad infinitum each show, "How are you feeling?", "You must answer quicker than that", etc, etc.
  • Francis_ChuFrancis_Chu Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I have seen all the episodes in this series and there is one thing in common - the big winners are either men or old women.
    Even the first big winner went through on a technicality.
    BORING!>:(
    I would like to see Piers Morgan look into this one.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen all the episodes in this series and there is one thing in common - the big winners are either men or old women.
    Even the first big winner went through on a technicality.
    BORING!>:(
    I would like to see Piers Morgan look into this one.

Huh? What's Piers Morgan got to do with... anything?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very few winners which many quizzes seem to set out to make it as hard as possible to win anything.