Options

Derek Speaks Out Re Kreed Kafer

2»

Comments

• Options
    anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is a really old thread I'm bumping up, but I found this thread whilst doing a Google Search on the Derek Acorah Kreed Kafer incident.

I know this is covering old ground, but does anyone know if anything else came of this? I know it's hugely discredited him as a 'medium' but he still seems to be popular doing live shows etc.

Does anyone think he does have a genuine gift, or he is 100% fraud? I don't know what to think, a mate of mine met him a few years ago and he gave his family a reading and he claims there is no way Derek would've known about any of the information he said.

Can you lend me £10,000? I'll pay you back, I promise I will. ;-)
  • Options
    Molly HuntMolly Hunt Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Techinically he could under the Fraudulant Spiritulists and Mediums Act 1951.

The Fraudulent Mediums Act was repealed a few years ago - all is now covered by Consumer Protection laws.
  • Options
    Simon_ThreadingSimon_Threading Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I'm still unsure whether or not to believe Derek Acorah is a fake medium, or if indeed he does have some psychic abilities. I was watching old Most Haunted series on Youtube and saw the one with the Rik Eedles anagram. I notice he claims his spirit guide Sam confirms the spirits name as being 'Nik/ Rik Eedles'.
  • Options
    Simon_ThreadingSimon_Threading Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I still believe some of the information he provided was psychic and not researched prior to the investigations. I've noticed in Series 1 he rarely got 'possessed' by spirits. He was far more believable in Series 1, apart from the episode involving the Jarmans/ possession.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still unsure whether or not to believe Derek Acorah is a fake medium, or if indeed he does have some psychic abilities. I was watching old Most Haunted series on Youtube and saw the one with the Rik Eedles anagram. I notice he claims his spirit guide Sam confirms the spirits name as being 'Nik/ Rik Eedles'.

He's full of shit.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still unsure whether or not to believe Derek Acorah is a fake medium, or if indeed he does have some psychic abilities.

Ofcom ruled that the Most Haunted was so obviously fake with "a high degree of showmanship" that it was clearly not "a legitimate investigation".
    "As such this programme should be seen in the light of shows where techniques are used which mean the audience is not necessarily in full possession of the facts."

It was no more real than the X-files - just cheaper to make