Options

The Next Xbox Discussion

Comments

• Options
    DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love them to ditch online Achievements. They are annoying, i just want to play online for fun not to grind out stupid online achievements.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it's possible to keep your 360 gametag, possibly transfer it over to the new system.
  • Options
    Sam SeedSam Seed Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Hope it's possible to keep your 360 gametag, possibly transfer it over to the new system.

im sure they will include this
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course they will. It would make no sense whatsoever to do otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what time frame we're talking here surely won't be around until Christmas 2013. Hope MS don't include a Wii u style tablet control pad.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Wonder what time frame we're talking here surely won't be around until Christmas 2013. Hope MS don't include a Wii u style tablet control pad.

Just before Christmas 2013 seems to be a good bet. I don't think there will be a tablet controller, but they will instead expand Smartglass which uses smartphones & tablets for second-screen features. And there's Kinect for motion control, of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a big fan of all this new technology but might be about time to move ahead with the times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    November 2005.
    $299 for basic model.
    Announced just before E3.
    Full details and showcase of games at E3 itself.

It will be just like 360 launch in terms of announcements, pricing and dates, I think.

Chance of it being earlier, mid-October to early-November rather than at the tail end (and 5th Dec for EU).

There is something similar to what was in the leaked doc for a intro a few years into the new console: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re1EatGRV0w

Looks a bit... disorientating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »

There is something similar to what was in the leaked doc for a intro a few years into the new console: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re1EatGRV0w

Oooh, that + 3DTV = sensory overload. I like it. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    larger storage capacity (nothing less than a 500GB HDD).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    November 2005.
    $299 for basic model.

It will be just like 360 launch in terms of announcements, pricing and dates, I think.

Chance of it being earlier, mid-October to early-November rather than at the tail end (and 5th Dec for EU).

Looks amazing but motion sickness could be a real problem for some, I think my stomach would churn after a while. :D
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-10-peripheral-projected-illusions-microsoft-demos-illumiroom-kinect-idea-in-video

Just wow, here hopes that the illuim room happens. imagine this, full 3d, Kinect 2.0 and a power glove for next gen. Well I can hope.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks great, some of the effects on the surrounding furniture look amazing! I hope Microsoft do this, they have the money to throw at it so I expect this will see the light of day at some point.

Only thing that bothers me is, we seen all the videos leading up to Kinect but that never really delivered, I really hope this isn't another 'Kinect' in that respect.

xbox 720 - 1 PS4 - 0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it does look slick :)
  • Options
    rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing that bothers me is, we seen all the videos leading up to Kinect but that never really delivered, I really hope this isn't another 'Kinect' in that respect.

Do you think? When I saw the equivalent "concept" video for Kinect, I thought "The real version will be nothing like that". However I was pleasantly surprised. Apart from the bit where you say "Scan" and it scans your own items into the game (which is apparently coming soon), everything else from that video has become a reality.

I thought so anyway!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Im looking forward to the Next Xbox but this time around im not expecting too much.

Someone previously mentioned Photorealistic Graphics? I think we are still some way away from this.

1 Thing to keep in mind when the new machine comes out is that the 1st set of games dont usually show off the consoles full potential so dont be too disappointed.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rewind wrote: »
    Do you think? When I saw the equivalent "concept" video for Kinect, I thought "The real version will be nothing like that". However I was pleasantly surprised. Apart from the bit where you say "Scan" and it scans your own items into the game (which is apparently coming soon), everything else from that video has become a reality.

I thought so anyway!

I must have missed the release of Milo, or any voice input as good as that.

"Xbox Play" is so basic compared to what they proposed with the Milo demo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies if this has already been discussed..

Are there any rumours suggesting the next Xbox will have 3D Blu Ray? I assume it will be able to play blu rays but what about 3D? I'm looking at getting a 3D blu ray player but don't bother if the Xbox will be able to do it.

Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has already been discussed..

Are there any rumours suggesting the next Xbox will have 3D Blu Ray? I assume it will be able to play blu rays but what about 3D? I'm looking at getting a 3D blu ray player but don't bother if the Xbox will be able to do it.

Thanks

It is heavily rumoured that the next Xbox will have Blu-ray.

It is also rumoured that the next Xbox will do 1080p/60 3D as standard.

Put these together and I would guess yes, but it's only a guess.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Bit behind the times but I jut saw the footage of the Illumiroom tech. I actually like the look of the particle effects like gunfire and stuff leaking outside of the screen. I think that could work really well and add an additional layer of immersion to games.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    It is heavily rumoured that the next Xbox will have Blu-ray.

It is also rumoured that the next Xbox will do 1080p/60 3D as standard.

Put these together and I would guess yes, but it's only a guess.

I don't see 60fps being a standard in console gaming ever. It saps a lot of resource out of the machine that could be put to better use, plus there's a lot of game genres that just wouldn't benefit from a 60fps update. 1080p though yes!

The 3D thing is a bit strange, I think it's dying concept for video games personally and I don't see it being a priority since so relatively few people own a 3DTV. I don't think 3D gaming will take off until we can at least leave the glasses behind. Illumiroom seems like it's being pushed as an alternative since everyone will have the capability so long as they own the next Xbox and none of the people in the video were wearing glasses.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DSWNSM wrote: »
    I would love them to ditch online Achievements. They are annoying, i just want to play online for fun not to grind out stupid online achievements.

Agreed, multiplayer achievements suck balls.
    Nothing more frustrating than trying to get 1000 points on a game and being forced into playing multiplayer to get it.
  • Options
    DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    November 2005.
    $299 for basic model.

I hate that, to me it's just another gimmick that isn't needed. I can see me getting many headaches from that and it looks really distracting. Also i have never seen anyone play a game and make the facial expressions these people make. That guy in this vid really doesn't look like he is playing a game, it looks retarded :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see 60fps being a standard in console gaming ever. It saps a lot of resource out of the machine that could be put to better use, plus there's a lot of game genres that just wouldn't benefit from a 60fps update. 1080p though yes!

The 3D thing is a bit strange, I think it's dying concept for video games personally and I don't see it being a priority since so relatively few people own a 3DTV. I don't think 3D gaming will take off until we can at least leave the glasses behind. Illumiroom seems like it's being pushed as an alternative since everyone will have the capability so long as they own the next Xbox and none of the people in the video were wearing glasses.

Some games work very well in 3D m8. I hope developers continue to include the option of 3D. It would be a shame to lose it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some games work very well in 3D m8. I hope developers continue to include the option of 3D. It would be a shame to lose it.

I agree.

I would be surprised if 3D disppeared from games. If you look at the TVs on sale it seems the majority of big name, large screen TVs now have 3D built in as standard.

Microsoft would be foolish to ignore it.