The Big Bang Theory E4 New Series 7 Thursday 31/10/13

18910111214»

Comments

• boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good for them

each of the Friends cast were earning $750k per ep in s7 & s8 and $1m per ep in s9 & s10 and there were 6 of them

tho tbh I wouldn't be upset if the show didn't return as it's looking pretty tired ...
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    boab34 wrote: »
    good for them

each of the Friends cast were earning $750k per ep in s7 & s8 and $1m per ep in s9 & s10 and there were 6 of them

tho tbh I wouldn't be upset if the show didn't return as it's looking pretty tired ...
    I can watch episodes over and over again and still laugh through most of it. If that makes me sad, then I'm happy being a sad person. I used go teach a child like Sheldon (a serious brain inside a child's brain, inside a child), and he didn't get any better! Sheldon is a child in a man's body.

What they've said so about series 8 (if it goes ahead) is that:

Leonard and Penny getting married is way in the future.
    There will be no children for any character.
    The comic book store will be rebuilt.
    Sheldon will kiss Amy again.
    Professor Proton could come back.
    The lift will not be repaired.
    Penny will still not have a surname.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    I can watch episodes over and over again and still laugh through most of it. If that makes me sad, then I'm happy being a sad person. I used go teach a child like Sheldon (a serious brain inside a child's brain, inside a child), and he didn't get any better! Sheldon is a child in a man's body.

What they've said so about series 8 (if it goes ahead) is that:

Leonard and Penny getting married is way in the future.
    There will be no children for any character.
    The comic book store will be rebuilt.
    Sheldon will kiss Amy again.
    Professor Proton could come back.
    The lift will not be repaired.
    Penny will still not have a surname.

+ Penny will become a pharmaceutical rep at Bernadette's company
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I had quite a long conversation last night trying to convince my mate that Sheldon leaving was a hoax and the series hadn't been cancelled :D

Still, if they don't sign contracts then who knows what will happen. After the previous 2 series it wouldn;t be missed much even though I still tune in to watch every episode.
  • ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Big Bang Theory production delayed over contract dispute

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28564303
    Work on the eighth series of US sitcom The Big Bang Theory has failed to start on time, as the principal cast members fight for higher salaries.

Stars Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Kunal Nayyar and Simon Helberg did not return to work for the first day of production on Wednesday.

In a statement, WBTV said: "Due to ongoing contract negotiations, production on The Big Bang Theory - which was originally scheduled to begin today - has been postponed."

The move came as a surprise to the studio, which previously said it expected the eighth series to go ahead without a hitch.

The delay affected a "table read" - in which the cast would have run through the script for the comeback episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol at some of the media reports

of course the show will return *rolleyes*

the show is one of the biggest single TV assets of Time Warner generating up to $2bn profits

and Time Warner is currently the subject of a takeover offer by Murdoch's Fox so no way are they going to kill their golden goose ;-)
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watching the James Earl Jones episode on E4, it has to be one of the best of the season.

But James does come across slightly demented. Can't tell if he is acting or not? :)

Would love to meet a celeb like that in real life. Spend the day just having fun.