I think:

The Saturdays
Pixie Lott
Jessie J
Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Katy B
Little Boots
Girls Aloud (if they reform)

should represent the UK next year. With the right song I could see these acts doing well. What does anyone else think?

Comments

• phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unknown female singer(who can sing live) with a chart friendly modern pop song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,565
    Forum Member
    Someone who is a bit more mature and with more experience than this years selection? :D

Or how about letting britains got talent select the performer?
  • AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Kate Bush
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    daveetwo wrote: »

Or even The Voice if it was on a few months earlier (and axe X Factor as that show really needs to go, but that's another topic and another forum).
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natalia Kills
    Hurts
    Claire Maguire
    Cher Lloyd
    If a Voice act Max, Bo and Vince only

(NOT Pixie Lott she would be a vocal disaster)
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daveetwo wrote: »
    Someone who is a bit more mature and with more experience than this years selection? :D

Erm, what if a dance act wins? Also BGT is made by ITV which doesn't fund Eurovision, the BBC does.
    Forum Member
    Didn't Hurts get asked before but got turned down? I still can't believe Katie Melua was turned down :(

How about Lily Allen? She would be ideal. Lena won in 2010 and I always thought of her as Germany's Lily Allen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Hurts get asked before but got turned down? I still can't believe Katie Melua was turned down :(

Hurts were asked as they revealed on twitter but they never said if they got the message at the time or even if they did as Blue did and say ask again another year. Seeing how pathetically they asked them they have no hope now :cry:
  • Red22Red22 Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalia Kills
    Hurts
    Claire Maguire
    Cher Lloyd
    If a Voice act Max, Bo and Vince only

(NOT Pixie Lott she would be a vocal disaster)

Yesss! I like these suggestions :) both my favourites on The Voice btw:D
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    I think:

The Saturdays
    Pixie Lott
    Jessie J
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor
    Katy B
    Little Boots

should represent the UK next year. With the right song I could see these acts doing well. What does anyone else think?

The Saturdays --> quite possible, with a killer song like all Fired Up

Pixie Lott --> Please not! She cannot sing good at all! even the greece and Cyprian girl were better

Jessie J --> she is too much of a star for that

Girls Aloud --> They could possibly end up top 3 with a great song
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    girls aloud will never do it not since cheryl's solo career took off what about joe mcelderry? he's a great singer.
    very mainstream too just what the bbc like also steps or
    atomic kitten with a good enough song.
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessica Garlick :) or Zoe Birkett what is she up to now days.

I know people keep suggesting known names to represent us, but let’s face it known names are not going to represent us until the Eurovision is seen as less of a joke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    girls aloud will never do it not since cheryl's solo career took off what about joe mcelderry? he's a great singer.

Joe wouldn't do that well he has a good voice but not a good performer. Steps or Atomic Kitten guaranteed bottom 5 if not last place.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    sparkle22 wrote: »

I'd like Steps to do it but I feel it would be too cheesy, especially if they let Pete Waterman within a 1000 mile radius of the song, but they're great live performers so who knows? :cool:
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Bo Bruce.
  • EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bo Bruce.

Yeah good choice
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A nightmare combination of Scooch and Jemeni combined (with a Pete Waterman song) :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldfrapp
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    I think:

The Saturdays
    Pixie Lott
    Jessie J
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor
    Katy B
    Little Boots

This is the type of thing we need to start looking at as our Eurovision entry. For some reason, the UK don't seem to have caught on to the fact that a lot of countries enter participants who are already fairly well established in their own, and surrounding, countries; with songs that have been heavily promoted throughout Europe already.

We need to start looking for contestants who are already successful, here and in Europe, but aren't 'too big' to do it. Obvious suggestions like Adele and Coldplay are just futile - they're never going to do it, they have too much to lose. However, there are plenty of acts out there who are 'big' but still have something to gain from the competition, but aren't so big that they really risk any sort of huge career-ruining embarrassment if they don't win.

The likes of The Saturdays and The Sugababes would be ideal for this kind of thing. While I don't rate them personally, they are established and popular, here and in parts of Europe, as well as experienced - and the kind of music they put out is the kind of music that is generally most popular through Europe right now, as evidenced by last night's winner. If Euphoria can win it, I see no reason why this, this or this couldn't have won, or at least have been in the top 3.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bo Bruce.

Sam Buttery
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Buttery

oh god no, BBC if you are read no no no!
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Cyndi
    Forum Member
    The Saturdays --> quite possible, with a killer song like all Fired Up

Pixie Lott --> Please not! She cannot sing good at all! even the greece and Cyprian girl were better

Jessie J --> she is too much of a star for that

Girls Aloud --> They could possibly end up top 3 with a great song

I saw Pixie Lott live when she was supporting The Saturdays in 2009 and I thought she wasn't too bad. Not amazing but I liked her and became a fan after that. She kept the audience engaged while we were waiting for The Saturdays to come out. I don't think Jessie J could have done it this year because of her commitments on The Voice. Both The Sats and Girls Aloud could get Xenomania to produce an amazing song for their entry if they were to do it. A song like All Fired Up would have been ideal. It would also get them more exposure across Europe.
    felixrex wrote: »
    The likes of The Saturdays and The Sugababes would be ideal for this kind of thing. While I don't rate them personally, they are established and popular, here and in parts of Europe, as well as experienced - and the kind of music they put out is the kind of music that is generally most popular through Europe right now, as evidenced by last night's winner. If Euphoria can win it, I see no reason why this, this or this couldn't have won, or at least have been in the top 3.

I'm a Saturdays and Sugababes fan and I love all the songs you linked to. I could see All Fired Up winning or being in the top 5 at Eurovision. I think it was produced by Xenomania as well. Now if The Saturdays entered with a song like All Fired Up and produced by Xenomania they could do really well. Sugababes 4.0 (current lineup) would be good too. Jade Ewen's in that lineup and she already has experience of ESC. Don't Sugababes have a good European fanbase already?
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    An unknown who can hold their nerve when performing live with a song that could go the top of the UK chart.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think:

The Saturdays
    Pixie Lott
    Jessie J
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor
    Katy B
    Little Boots

Who ever we choose, the result will be the same. They don't like us, its all political.