Breaking News: Mouse disruptes Radio 5 Live

i4ui4u Posts: 54,977
Forum Member
Just happened live during an interview, female presenter let out a yelp and shrieked, "get it out of the studio".

The interview descended into chaos and came to an abrupt end with the presenter swearing 'It's on the bloody table!'.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably another cunning move to encourage people to switch to DAB so you can hear the squeaking.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Just happened live during an interview, female presenter let out a yelp and shrieked, "get it out of the studio".

The interview descended into chaos and came to an abrupt end with the presenter swearing 'It's on the bloody table!'.

The presenter who continued to read the news during the Blitz whilst Broadcasting House took a direct hit, is probably turning in his grave
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »

How utterly professional ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it a computer mouse? :D
  • Howard_HockeyHoward_Hockey Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I heard it. If they can't present a programme properly when there's just a little ruddy mouse around, what chance when they're in a war zone?

I'd just switched over from Radio Four, I don't think Julian Worricker would have ended up stood on a chair!
  • radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity the mouse chose lunchtime to emerge he/she would have brightened up queen victoria awful same old same old boreathon - however silly me the chosen one would still be tucked up in London...
  • Andy WalmsleyAndy Walmsley Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A not uncommon occurrence it seems, there was a mouse in the BBC 3CR studio during Iain Lee's show on New Years Eve.

Audio of today's mouse incident:

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1181617-5live-mouse
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just listened, thanks for the link. God, how unprofessional and soppy.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that is why women should not be allowed near a radio studio.:D

Joke, honestly!!

To be fair with all the squealing and rushing around it must have been an utterly terrifying experience. For the poor mouse.
  • Alan ThewAlan Thew Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    God, how unprofessional and soppy.

I disagree. I've just played the clip. I think Shelagh Fogarty was genuinely panicking. She sounded very distressed. Phobia is extremely upsetting and beyond the sufferer's control. Mouse phobia is extremely common and it's not reasonable to insist a live presenter must be able to hold their nerve when suddenly and utterly unexpectedly placed before a phobic stimulus. The comparison with reporters in war zones is totally irrelevant here.
  • Sense of DaySense of Day Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Why so strait laced everyone? This is part of the fun of live radio. The unexpected. The honesty.

Can we not just see this for what it is - a mouse running around a room? Not sure I'd like it myself.

Comparisons with a war zone... come on now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "If it runs over my hand I'm resigning".
    Shame it didn't.
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame it didn't.

Could have got even more, if it had poop'd on her hand too

A friggin mouse !! It wasn't a T-Rex
  • Dex_BracewellDex_Bracewell Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    It's happened before on Irish radio years ago!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrmxOphTtAU
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard it. If they can't present a programme properly when there's just a little ruddy mouse around, what chance when they're in a war zone?
    It's a good job the n that Shelagh Fogarty does not report from overseas then, never mind any war zones.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why so strait laced everyone? This is part of the fun of live radio. The unexpected. The honesty.

Can we not just see this for what it is - a mouse running around a room? Not sure I'd like it myself.

Comparisons with a war zone... come on now.

Spot on.

And some posters here talk about an over-reaction on R5l!
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    It's a good job the n that Shelagh Fogarty does not report from overseas then, never mind any war zones.

She reports from Salford, effectively a war zone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems the mice that was wandering around the old Five Live studios and offices in Television Centre have also moved up to Salford full time..

...unlike Victoria Derbyshire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least it didn't set the fire alarm off like everything else.
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard far worse, and besides this is 5 Live, not like it happened on the Today programme so I don't think many people would have batted an eyelid.
  • Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get that mouse it's own radio show! Bacon can make way. :D
  • TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Shame it didn't.

Oh chill out and laugh
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They seemed to mention rodents in the TVC studios on the NC earlier.
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't an almost new building be mouse proof?