Options

Dev's Jacket

mobilymobily Posts: 261
Forum Member
Ever since Dev has been determined to find the truth he has started wearing this long mac which looks like it has seen better days. To me it looks like the sort of coat with a multitude of hidden pockets. I half expect him to pull out a half eaten trout as he questions the unsuspecting people of the street.

Genius move by the writers as the link with Columbo cannot go unnoticed. The belligerent but pleasant questioning style has almost bought a touch of comedy to this storyline.

Comments

• Options
    Flash81tFlash81t Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    I don't normally like Devindra, but this storyline is pure genius. I love the Columbo-esque Jacket and style of questioning, the way we all know he is on the right track, but to everyone on the street he looks like a mad man.

Maybe this will be a great character development for dev, he could sell the shops and start his own detective agency!!!
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always liked Dev, such a caricature of an Indian cornershop owner. This new story line has taken away the stereotyping IMO and I see Dev in a different light, funny but determined.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but that ridiculous fake blubbing when Jennna put on Adele in Sally's house was so cringemaking it was actually comical. Perhaps they could do a spin off - Alahan Investigates - LOL!
  • Options
    Flash81tFlash81t Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Perhaps they could do a spin off - Alahan Investigates - LOL!

Sounds like a great idea, but all great detectives need a partner. With that in mind they could kill off Norris and have his ghost team up Dev to find his killer, they could call it Alahan and Cole (deceased), could end up being a classic!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Flash81t wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea, but all great detectives need a partner. With that in mind they could kill off Norris and have his ghost team up Dev to find his killer, they could call it Alahan and Cole (deceased), could end up being a classic!!

Yeah, but he's already teamed up with Mary. A bit like Dempsey and Makepeace?
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but that ridiculous fake blubbing when Jennna put on Adele in Sally's house was so cringemaking it was actually comical. Perhaps they could do a spin off - Alahan Investigates - LOL!

I found it quite sad when he cried, obviously you have never lost anyone close to you, as to hear a song that reminds you of them breaks your heart:cry:
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it quite sad when he cried, obviously you have never lost anyone close to you, as to hear a song that reminds you of them breaks your heart:cry:

It was nice the way Sally, Jenna and Sophie all rushed in to comfort him as well wasn't it?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    It was nice the way Sally, Jenna and Sophie all rushed in to comfort him as well wasn't it?:rolleyes:

That was disgusting, they just wanted him out the door. If I was Dev I'd leave that street after the truth comes out, of course we had massive Eileen telling him that she and Paul were both upset about Toni's death and told him to shove off and all when secretly there was no room for Toni in Eileen's life, she was jealous as hell of her :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Isnt Adele miserable :D Best line ever in soap Lol
  • Options
    InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member

Was he crying? I thought he had a cold cos all he seemed to be doing was sniffing. Must be the same cold he had at the funeral cos the acting there was some of the worst ever seen on a soap (which is saying something).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    Was he crying? I thought he had a cold cos all he seemed to be doing was sniffing.

he is terrible..i was laughing at him :D, he is atrocious actually ;)
  • Options
    FrankieSFrankieS Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    he is terrible..i was laughing at him :D, he is atrocious actually ;)

The worst actor in soapland. Even morse so than Cotton.
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Shopped- a new drama about a corner shop owner who solves crimes in his spare time. :D
    I think Sophie should be the partner. She could go around shouting at people. She's good at that.

Or maybe Death Around the Corner? The title is everything in these shows. :D