Mums attempt to raise money to build "Bully Barrier" to protect daughter

mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2640485/Single-mum-raises-funds-fence-neighbourhood-bullies-vandals.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

This is such a heartbreaking and shocking story.

This mother has a 15 year old daughter with Downs Syndrome, Kids (and adults!) from their neighhood call the daughter a Retard, pelt their home with eggs and "animal feceas", and have stolen and set fire to the familys bikes.

She has now resorted to going online to try and raise enough funds to build a "Bully Barrier" around their home to protect her daughter from the vile attacks.

I know it's wishful thinking but I really hope she smashes her target and has enough to move to a neighbourhood where the family don't have to worry about these attacks.

Truly shocking that this is happenning at all!

EDIT : Just seen on the fund page that generous people have now raised enough for them to have a huge private fence built, trees put up and security cameras.

Comments

• TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are some truly sick and twisted people out there whose hatred is always borne out of ignorance, for which there can be no excuse in this day and age.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's horrible and the police should be procescuting the culprits. Were "lessons" not learned after the last incident like this which ended in tragedy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1214180/Fiona-Pilkington-suffered-years-abuse-gang-killing-disabled-daughter-car-fire.html

"A mother died alongside her mentally disabled daughter in a blazing car after suffering nearly ten years of abuse from yobs, an inquest heard yesterday.
    Fiona Pilkington, 38, made 21 calls to police in a bid to stop the gang abusing her daughter Francecca Hardwick, but they failed to act. She had even written to her local MP.
    On the day of her death she called police to complain of children trampling her garden hedge but was told to ignore them."
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Is this Australia or UK?
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad they made enough money to build a fence and hope it keeps those bastards away from her and her daughter.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Is this Australia or UK?

That confused me at first too but it looks as if it's in Australia.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Jim Bowen has a few left that he would donate.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Is this Australia or UK?

Oz. Unless we're talking about the well-known Surrey suburb of Wollongong...
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    It's horrible and the police should be procescuting the culprits. Were "lessons" not learned after the last incident like this which ended in tragedy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1214180/Fiona-Pilkington-suffered-years-abuse-gang-killing-disabled-daughter-car-fire.html

"A mother died alongside her mentally disabled daughter in a blazing car after suffering nearly ten years of abuse from yobs, an inquest heard yesterday.
    Fiona Pilkington, 38, made 21 calls to police in a bid to stop the gang abusing her daughter Francecca Hardwick, but they failed to act. She had even written to her local MP.
    On the day of her death she called police to complain of children trampling her garden hedge but was told to ignore them."

I'm not sure what lessons the New South Wales Police would have taken from an incident in Leicestershire.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2640485/Single-mum-raises-funds-fence-neighbourhood-bullies-vandals.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

This is such a heartbreaking and shocking story.

This mother has a 15 year old daughter with Downs Syndrome, Kids (and adults!) from their neighhood call the daughter a Retard, pelt their home with eggs and "animal feceas", and have stolen and set fire to the familys bikes.

She has now resorted to going online to try and raise enough funds to build a "Bully Barrier" around their home to protect her daughter from the vile attacks.

I know it's wishful thinking but I really hope she smashes her target and has enough to move to a neighbourhood where the family don't have to worry about these attacks.

Truly shocking that this is happenning at all!

EDIT : Just seen on the fund page that generous people have now raised enough for them to have a huge private fence built, trees put up and security cameras.

is is disgusting the way some people behave, i hate bullys, am glad they have raised alot of money :)
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evo102 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what lessons the New South Wales Police would have taken from an incident in Leicestershire.

Though the OP does not mention it's not in this country I assumed it was. (Note to self read links before posting).
  • Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it now becoming the norm that it's the victims who get locked away while the criminals/bullies get to enjoy their freedom?
  • MikeJWMikeJW Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it now becoming the norm that it's the victims who get locked away while the criminals/bullies get to enjoy their freedom?
    That's what I was thinking. I'm glad they get to feel safe(r), but this isn't exactly addressing the real problem.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she smashes their faces after she smashes her target..
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Though the OP does not mention it's not in this country I assumed it was. (Note to self read links before posting).

Yep, sorry. To be honest I didn't know where it was, but I was shocked that this was going on in this day and age. And that this lady has to build a "barrier" to protect her family, it's just twisted that the police won't do anything and she's having to resort to such drastic measures, while these vile "people" get away with it.
  • Merkin ParadeMerkin Parade Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    It's bad enough children are doing this but 3 adults as well? Absolutely disgusting. How can the police over there say nothing can be done?
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    absolutely sickening. The police and the council should be working together on this to stop people intimidating others.