LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who on Earth chooses the subjects for discussion?
    "when your pet dies, is it the same as losing one of your family?"
    Dear oh dear, Olly.

Sounds like it was chosen, via the dartboard method.;-)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Stewie talking about being out and having coffee with Olly Mann, Ian Collins and Nick Abbot!

I can't imagine it!
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    "Todays topic 'Immigrants, bad or bad?' Phone in now to tell me why they should all go home."

When was this? Gobber doesn't do immigration.

He won't admit though that millions of people coming in increases rents an the cost of housing. And if you think that is the case you are a racist.
    Forum Member
    Jefferson wrote: »
    When was this? Gobber doesn't do immigration.

He won't admit though that millions of people coming in increases rents an the cost of housing. And if you think that is the case you are a racist.

Kiko was referring to shamed, failed and sacked ex-radio presenter Jon Gaunt.
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Dear oh dear, Olly.

Usual obsessive types rang in to ask "do you realise what dog spells backwards?".
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Kiko was referring to shamed, failed and sacked ex-radio presenter Jon Gaunt.

Indeed I was.
    Jefferson in totally missing the point in a DS thread again non-shocker.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Usual obsessive types rang in to ask "do you realise what dog spells backwards?".

Sounds like the old joke about the insomniac, dyslexic athiest who lies awake every night pondering the existence of Dog. :D

Morning all. :D
    Forum Member
    FrankBT wrote: »
    The last time I checked Newsnight was a BBC event. Expect he'll come through it with flying colours, but you'll still denigrate him regardless

Yep, James is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

He'll get someone on from schools, to talk about schools, so he'll mention his school days, which'll have some seminal vesicles bursting on here.

They'll do a vodka special, so James will mention he enjoys a taste (though not the brand as it's the BBC). Tissue sales will go up.

There'll be a special report "are the middle classed being priced out?". The screens will need to be wiped clean.
    Forum Member
    We've already been through this.

No-one complains when any of the other LBC presenters are discussed when they appear on telly, on Sky, ITV etc.

No-one gives a running commentary on it either.

What's the betting for posts here between 10:30pm to 11:20pm tonight? I predict 3 pages length.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stewie talking about being out and having coffee with Olly Mann, Ian Collins and Nick Abbot!

I can't imagine it!

:o Neither can I!!!!!
    Forum Member
    chinchin wrote: »
    :o Neither can I!!!!!

Does he still have his 'one and a half' shots of espresso, then complain to the foreign barista when they get it wrong?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't imagine it!

What I can't imagine is Steve turning up at the Ace Cafe, which he was talking about doing this morning. It's probably quietened down over the decades but it was a bit rough in the Sixties! :o Not his milieu at all.
  • jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I think the silly old fool got his DJs called Mike mixed up.

LOL that is one way of putting it.
  • Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one gives a running commentary on it either.

What's the betting for posts here between 10:30pm to 11:20pm tonight? I predict 3 pages length.

A ground-breaking event ahead then, Kiko?
    Forum Member
    What I can't imagine is Steve turning up at the Ace Cafe, which he was talking about doing this morning. It's probably quietened down over the decades but it was a bit rough in the Sixties! :o Not his milieu at all.

All that leather and the smell of oil.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh yes, of course. ;-) The Bentley will look a bit out of place though.
    Forum Member
    Oh yes, of course. ;-) The Bentley will look a bit out of place though.

He could park it round the corner in Stonebridge Park. I'm sure it'll be safe there.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does he still have his 'one and a half' shots of espresso, then complain to the foreign barista when they get it wrong?

I don't listen to his morning programme any more. I had had enough.
    Forum Member
    A ground-breaking event ahead then, Kiko?

Erm, no, not really. Man presents tv show.
    Can't see why I'd want to stay up to watch a man present a tv show.

What next? "See James eat a bacon sandwich!".
    "Build up from today until the event next week, where there'll be full live commentary on a chat board."
    Forum Member
    chinchin wrote: »
    I don't listen to his morning programme any more. I had had enough.

Tomorrow evening I will be drinking at a lovely Twickenham pub, followed by dining at a top Twickenham restaurant.
    Stewie will be in neither, as he has no class.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Excitement building for Brian's Big Break.

Oh, christ we are back to the Life of Brien again, are we? Cannnot anyone think of something fresh and original to say - about Vallen perhaps?:(
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member

We have to assume, of course, that he'll get there as his car is always requiring major surgery, to keep on going.
    Forum Member
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    Oh, christ we are back to the Life of Brien again, are we? Cannnot anyone think of something fresh and original to say - about Vallen perhaps?:(

See my previous post. I will be enjoying life in Twickenham tomorrow, but I hope not to bump into Stewie.

Where are his regular haunts these days?
    If he still visits The Barmy Arms and Pinchos, then I'll definitely not bump into him.

I might visit the junction of King Street and Church Street, I might see him there, shouting at traffic.
  • extraextraextraextra Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Dear oh dear, Olly.

I thought Olly was great when he started, he even replied to my welcoming Tweet, but agree, I think he's run out of steam, sorry Olly :(
    Forum Member
    I've now got visions of Stewie turning up at the Ace in the Bentley, all leathered up like Mr Sloane, and accompanied by Olly Mann, Ian Collins and Nick Abbot, looking for a fight with some 75 year old rockers!
This discussion has been closed.