Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not confirmed
  • Options
    AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Wow even worse than Leon Jackson.

It's very bad news for The X Factor.

Is pretty irrelevant for Little Mix, other than the bad publicity they will probably get from it.
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Deleted.
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    I think this is correct.
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posted on Buzzjack now, so looking very likely that's accurate. That is very underwhelming for a winner it has to be said.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    It is confirmed now

1. Little Mix 210129
    2. Coldplay 73k
    3. Olly Murs 42k
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alicey wrote: »
    Wow even worse than Leon Jackson.

It's very bad news for The X Factor.

Is pretty irrelevant for Little Mix, other than the bad publicity they will probably get from it.

Why is it bad? In what way is it bad… name a song that sold better this year in 1st week
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great sales :D
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it bad? In what way is it bad… name a song that sold better this year in 1st week

For a regular release in the charts they would be fantastic figures, but for an XF winner and all of the hype and publicity behind it they are not far off disastrous.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Well done LM :D so happy for them :)
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gonna repost what I put on the other thread as that one seems to have died temporarily and this is going...

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/chart-news/x-factors-little-mix-cannonballs-to-number-1/

Was right, I'm shocked, totally dismayed.

HOWEVER there is a saving grace...

X Factor 2011 winners Little Mix blast to the top of the Official Singles Chart today with their debut release, ‘Cannonball’ shifting over 210,000 copies in its first week; the biggest first week sales for a single so far this year, outselling the rest of this week’s Official Singles Chart Top 5 combined.

It sold more than the top 5 combined, now that may be indicative.

What was the comparative with previous winners?

And dare I go into the main forum, I can see them being pulled apart for this :-/

The question is, all considered, how bad is it (or isn't it)?

How does this compare to past winners, when you compare the top 10 sales overall, are sales up, down, the same, whats the sales ratio?

Also how much difference does it not being Christmas week make?
  • Options
    Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    It's nothing to do with Little Mix, everybody this week has been having low sales, im not surprised in this economical climate.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »

And dare I go into the main forum, I can see them being pulled apart for this :-/

I'm pretty sure those are the worst first week's sales ever for an XF winner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member

Oh, this this the same old argument from fans when their X Factor favourite doesn't do well.
    The X Factor acts come from a huge platform than gives them unrivaled promotion, and their sales is judged considering this promotion.

In this case, Cannonball has done badly, there is no way round it, whether you want them to be successful or not, and I do.
    Hopefully, the blame is going to be put onto the song, as it should be, not the singers.
  • Options
    Matt7Matt7 Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compared to previous winners the sales are low but I would say that is all down to the song!
  • Options
    Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »

Those "worst first weeks" are the biggest first week sales for a single so far this year....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are underwhelming for an XF winner!

OF COURSE they were going to sell more than any other song this year first week they've just had the best promotion you can ever have for a musical single!:p

It's irrelevant to say they're great sales in the context of the weekly chart, of course they are but for an XF winner...they are not 'great sales'.

If anyone is a long term member you will recall the laughs/the stick/ general bashing Leon Jackson got for selling 'less than 300k'. For the 2011 winner to be selling just over 200k IS poor, there's no way getting around that. It does NOT indicate failure for LM's career or anything hysterical like that, they have plenty of time to turn it around with their proper releases. But what it is, is a terrible reflection on this year's X Factor. I think Marcus and Amelia would probably have done even worse, considering LM were by far the most popular of the options left.
  • Options
    JanetDevlinUKJanetDevlinUK Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is why I always feel sorry for the winner people are always going to call the winner a flop no matter how well they do :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BeautifulSexy_1BeautifulSexy_1 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome sales well done to everyone who got the single
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Those are appalling sales figures. There's simply no way of denying it. Appalling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    Gonna repost what I put on the other thread as that one seems to have died temporarily and this is going...

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/chart-news/x-factors-little-mix-cannonballs-to-number-1/

Was right, I'm shocked, totally dismayed.

HOWEVER there is a saving grace...

The question is, all considered, how bad is it (or isn't it)?

How does this compare to past winners, when you compare the top 10 sales overall, are sales up, down, the same, whats the sales ratio?

Also how much difference does it not being Christmas week make?

I think Leon outsold the Top 10 combined:o
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »

It's the lowest, but I wouldn't say it's the worst. Single sales in general are down, so this number will have a higher "worth" than Steve who, iirc, sold not much more.
  • Options
    WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the sales in comparison to other singles this week that matter, not in comparison to previous winners.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola37 wrote: »
    They are underwhelming for an XF winner!

OF COURSE they were going to sell more than any other song this year first week they've just had the best promotion you can ever have for a musical single!:p

It's irrelevant to say they're great sales in the context of the weekly chart, of course they are but for an XF winner...they are not 'great sales'.

If anyone is a long term member you will recall the laughs/the stick/ general bashing Leon Jackson got for selling 'less than 300k'. For the 2011 winner to be selling just over 200k IS poor, there's no way getting around that. It does NOT indicate failure for LM's career or anything hysterical like that, they have plenty of time to turn it around with their proper releases. But what it is, is a terrible reflection on this year's X Factor. I think Marcus and Amelia would probably have done even worse, considering LM were by far the most popular of the options left.

Yes, we were all expecting LM to do badly in comparison to others, but thats obscenely bad, hence why I have to wonder what the sales ratios are like on comparison.

And whether Christmas week (or it not being) make much difference.
  • Options
    WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those are appalling sales figures. There's simply no way of denying it. Appalling.

You are looking at it from the wrong perspective, in relative terms of sales for the whole top 5 this week they are excellent sales.