Options

It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    Leathertrouser2Leathertrouser2 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    My Tivo box showed live feed at 11pm last night. Do I detect that Channel 5 dropped another night of it?
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True fact is that this show does not work without full live feed, Highlight show is scripted TV which Big Brother should not be and people are switching off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No LF again tonight. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should do something like this online for the 24 hour live feed, Then just stick a link to it on the Channel 5 website. Working well for the Youth Olympics and that may be on less budget then BB:

http://youtu.be/BC8Uqk4HsvU
  • Options
    livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    big brother has been to big for channel 5 to handle
    channel 5 wanted to punch above their weight , probably by their standards ,their watered down version has worked out ok'ish for them but no where near ok'ish for me

am hoping that viacom have some ambition and can take the show forwards
    but that would mean endemol upping their game too ,not sure about them
  • Options
    Leathertrouser2Leathertrouser2 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    It is showing an hour tonight but as I said in another forum, my Tivo showed live feed on Monday night on 5HD but was replaced by a bear programme that has been repeated 3 times since Saturday night.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is showing an hour tonight but as I said in another forum, my Tivo showed live feed on Monday night on 5HD but was replaced by a bear programme that has been repeated 3 times since Saturday night.

yep looks like they pulled a lot of the live feed.
    More fool them but don't expect anything else at the moment.
    its just my opinion but isn't it surprising the live feed dries up and the ratings start slowing down. You put the brakes on the show its going to impact others parts of that show interest being top of the list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the live feed last night if Channel 5 cant see what insight this gives outside the highlight show format nothing will. Its been the biggest disaster for them ever axing the feed they have been airing a halfbaked show since they bought the rights.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:5lhruFLP4pEJ:www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broadcasters/viacom-poised-to-seal-c5-deal/5076704.article%3Fblocktitle%3DLatest-News%26contentID%3D2319+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

It is understood the deal will be finalised by 20 September, giving the US media giant – which operates MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon – full control of the public service broadcaster.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:5lhruFLP4pEJ:www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broadcasters/viacom-poised-to-seal-c5-deal/5076704.article%3Fblocktitle%3DLatest-News%26contentID%3D2319+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

It is understood the deal will be finalised by 20 September, giving the US media giant – which operates MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon – full control of the public service broadcaster.

thanks for the update. Cant come soon enough sorry I keep missing you on twitter
    hope top of the list this sort the shows format out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »

channel 4 aren't adverse to twiddling about with the ratings
    remember when they quoted the live feed viewer figures by using a 2am - 3am slot

they couldn't fool anyone , any of the time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    channel 4 aren't adverse to twiddling about with the ratings
    remember when they quoted the live feed viewer figures by using a 2am - 3am slot

they couldn't fool anyone , any of the time

yep that really was the birthing pool of this thread. :D
    you had a set of numbers Happy did and I did trying to find out which were correct took about 6 weeks didn't it then finally they admitted the time of night they were taken....:D
  • Options
    Nigel_BourneNigel_Bourne Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    If there *was* a true Live Feed, that would give the lie to the biassed and refocussed editing that goes on on the Lowlights show.

We get to see what the producers *want* us to see and that is inevitably geared to producing the maximum voting load.

Cynical? Moi? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viacom have a few channels to put the live feed on or they could put it online like BB:USA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there *was* a true Live Feed, that would give the lie to the biassed and refocussed editing that goes on on the Lowlights show.

We get to see what the producers *want* us to see and that is inevitably geared to producing the maximum voting load.

Cynical? Moi? :)

it does appear voting has pretty much collapsed since its moved to channel 5.
    for the "winner" to only get 100k votes is just incredible I hope they take on board the suggestions made numerous times now top of the list unless they reconnect with people they wont feel compelled to vote and spend money
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viacom have a few channels to put the live feed on or they could put it online like BB:USA.

the reaction this series is getting they have been bonkers not ending the 2014 run with as much feed as possible. 2015 cant be like this because its just degrading nearly everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just over 400k tuned in last night to the live feed.
  • Options
    Fruit_FlyFruit_Fly Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could use flashcards, or a re-enactment society in my garden, or glove puppets.
    I just want proper live feed to rekindle a proper sense of enjoying a reality series instead of an almost entirely manipulated waste of my time.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    just over 400k tuned in last night to the live feed.

Thats good isnt it - its increased since the launch of CBB hasnt it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    'utopia usa' started yesterday ,this tweet of their's did grab my attention

https://twitter.com/utopiatvusa/status/505153610129215488

Tired of producers interfering with your reality shows? We hear you & that's why #Utopia is a pure social experiment
    http://utopia.ly/1tHqiGz

needless to say ,there is upto four 24/7 web streams too [ 2 free + 2 paid for ]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/156726/Channel-5-Boss-Acknowledges-Falling-Big-Brother-Ratings-Admits-Stand-By-Your-Man-Was-Awful

Channel 5 Boss Acknowledges Falling Big Brother Ratings, Admits 'Stand By Your Man' Was Awful

But if you are overreliant on Big Brother, when it does fall down – and one day it will decline further – the whole lot falls down around it.

i'd like to know what he means by the 'whole lot' ,there is nothing much ,if anything
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    "Channel 5 Boss Acknowledges Falling Big Brother Ratings"

But STILL refuses to listen to the actual BB fans and will carry on catering for the youth market only until they pull the plug?

That is the problem. They only every brought BB to turn it into a teenie prog with no intention of running it like BB is meant to be run. So if it fails as their youth puller, they will just stop making it.

They will then claim that it failed on Channel 5 but never once see that it failed because of what they did to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Channel 5 Boss Acknowledges Falling Big Brother Ratings"

But STILL refuses to listen to the actual BB fans and will carry on catering for the youth market only until they pull the plug?

That is the problem. They only every brought BB to turn it into a teenie prog with no intention of running it like BB is meant to be run. So if it fails as their youth puller, they will just stop making it.

They will then claim that it failed on Channel 5 but never once see that it failed because of what they did to it.

its been a self enforced failure completely agree. The Grand plan didn't work flaccid ratings but they carried on. Last year some tiny embers of change all dropped this year and back to the start.

The format just needs some love and investment and stop with the Fake HM's who can act 24hrs a day no problem. When they don't listen and keep pushing people away is there any surprise the ratings fell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the live feed appears to have been cancelled tonight for the flimsiest of reasons
    although it ties in with Ben frow's recent clueless comments about big brother
    so it shouldn't come as a surprise