Will Sky 2 or Pick TV on Virgin Media broadcast Sky Sports 1 on Saturday?

ArrGeeArrGee Posts: 1,041
Forum Member
✭✭✭
On Saturday Aug 17, programmes from Sky Sports 1 will replace the regular programming on Sky 2 and Pick TV. This will include a free-to-air Premier League match at 5.30pm as well as a Football League match live at lunchtime as part of a new show called FL72.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10147830/Sky-Sports-offer-free-live-Premier-League-action-on-first-weekend-of-season-as-battle-with-BT-Sport-escalates.html

Comments

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,669
    Forum Member
    According to Digiguide, SS1 shows are being simulcast on both Sky2 and PickTV between 10am and 8pm. (The latter for Freeview customers, of course.)
  • ArrGeeArrGee Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Digiguide, SS1 shows are being simulcast on both Sky2 and PickTV between 10am and 8pm. (The latter for Freeview customers, of course.)

Only Freeview Pick TV? Not got Sky 2 with my M TV.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is only on Pick TV for Freeview, not satellite, and on Sky2 on satellite, so that Sky customers without SPorts can watch it, but not people on Freesat.

Pick TV is showing it's normal schedule on satellite, but the EPG shows the data already on Sky2, so i presume looking at the EPG for Saturday for PickTV or Sky2 on VM should answer the question.
  • mobilymobily Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Great spot!

I can now watch the Leeds game for free on Saturday!

Thanks to the OP :)
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,669
    Forum Member
    It is only on Pick TV for Freeview, not satellite, and on Sky2 on satellite, so that Sky customers without SPorts can watch it, but not people on Freesat.
    That sucks for them :(
    Pick TV is showing it's normal schedule on satellite, but the EPG shows the data already on Sky2, so i presume looking at the EPG for Saturday for PickTV or Sky2 on VM should answer the question.
    It does and I did, above :)
  • MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have Freesat as well as a Tivo Box. I also have Freeview on my TV so have a choice of where to watch Saturdays footie. Bit mean not to show it on Freesat though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrGiles2 wrote: »
    I have Freesat as well as a Tivo Box. I also have Freeview on my TV so have a choice of where to watch Saturdays footie. Bit mean not to show it on Freesat though.

I think it is to do with the satellite feed being freely available across europe for Pick TV, Sky just wouldn't be allowed to show any Sports on that feed, as they do not have the rights to it for the rst of Europe, whereas no one really cares about the normal programming on Pick TV being available.
  • dj999dj999 Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pick tv on cable not showning the football even though its listed on the epg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dj999 wrote: »
    pick tv on cable not showning the football even though its listed on the epg

The announcement never said PickTV on cable, only Sky2

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8794732/Sky-Sports-kick-off-biggest-Premier-League-season-with-free-first-day

To celebrate the first day of the Premier League season and Sky Sports' new line up of football, programmes from Sky Sports 1 will replace the regular programming on Sky 2 (on Sky and other pay TV services) and Pick TV (on Freeview and You View) on Saturday 17th August.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's still on sky 2