anyone else really not enjoying Christmas this year?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I honestly can't wait till it's over and the kids are in bed and have spent the morning pretending to enjoy it for their sake.

A day of constant bickering, family that eat you out of house and home, an expensive dinner that never goes to plan and the house is a ****ing dump.

Bah, humbug!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chill. :o
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope I'm having a beautiful day. Just me and the fiance, dinners in the oven and smells wonderful, some lovely thoughtful presents, the music's on... Just beautiful :).

I'm sorry you're not enjoying it though.
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably better than sitting at home alone, with no family. Meal for one. I'll have a few drinks then bed to sleep the day away.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've probably enjoyed this Christmas Day more than any other for a while. :)
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott_P wrote: »
    I honestly can't wait till it's over and the kids are in bed and have spent the morning pretending to enjoy it for their sake.

A day of constant bickering, family that eat you out of house and home, an expensive dinner that never goes to plan and the house is a ****ing dump.

Bah, humbug!

My, my, you are original. And ending your anti-Christmas rant with "bah, humbug!", I don't think that's ever been done before.

What other original ideas for posts do you have in the works?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My, my, you are original. And ending your anti-Christmas rant with "bah, humbug!", I don't think that's ever been done before.

What other original ideas for posts do you have in the works?

here's one, **** off.

I'm not anti Christmas, I'm just not enjoying this years, is that a crime?
  • shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason I like Christmas day is that I know its going to be at least 8 months until we are getting it rammed down our throats again.
  • girlinstaticgirlinstatic Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know the feeling. None of my family have bothered and infact three quarters of them have said they're not buying gifts anymore and not to buy them back due to money. Yet they all still get together and give to one another. They must think we won't notice. It's such a shame as christmas was the one time I absolutely loved and cherished, but what is xmas without family and love?

Sorry to anyone else that isn't having the best xmas either. Hope for a better one next year :)
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here's one, **** off.

I'm not anti Christmas, I'm just not enjoying this years, is that a crime?

Nice one..thumbs up smiley
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying but I've got a sore throat/cough and I'm at my grandma's who's dog I'm allergic to. There are 14 of us here and I just cannot be doing with it.

Can't wait to have my food and piss off home tbh.
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After 8 years I agreed to go to my sisters for lunch with the family, My mum said she's text me this morning and arrange to pick me up. I was up early shaved and showered as didn't wan't to delay anything.
    I've just texted her, and replys just come along anytime. I said but we'd arranged you'd text me' - She forgot.

Well I've sat here since 9 all dressed up and ive had a half bottle of vodka.

Texted mum - no reply. Texted niece - their boyfriends are along there.So I asked when I should come along, they said they'll let me know!

Then my nephew asked to come here, so he's been.

I remember why I always choose to spend day alone. It's utter chaos, and I'm not even there yet.

So looks like no pre dinner cocktails and posh nibbles from M & S. Just straight into the meal, which is always rubbish.

I won't make this mistake again. ugh.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,188
    Forum Member
    chopsim wrote: »
    Probably better than sitting at home alone, with no family. Meal for one. I'll have a few drinks then bed to sleep the day away.

If you prefer to spend the day alone then it can be heaven. :D

Hell to me would to be trapped with lots of relatives over Christmas. I am having a lovely time "home alone" :)
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bah, humbug!

Bah Humbug are very words I used today, cos tv has so far been crap, with all the Christmassy programs shown 2 weeks before, and come Christmas Day and what we get is a fat zero. Bah Humbug!

Decided to make him some food while he was still in bed, and when he finally decided to get up, he laughed at the vegetables, so told him they were better than the full of fat sausages he eats, and he's lucky I didn't throw the lot over him! He's a vegeatrian and eats veggies anyway, but laughing was the last straw, and I'm not going to be at his beck and call all day either, told him he's lucky not to be in a flood zone like a lot of people are at present, and with no power. I'd rather give food to them if I could reach them that is, than make it for him.

Bah Humbug!

But what you can do re your situation, is get someone to tidy up the mess, while you go out for a walk, if you've no water about that is. Then tell them you expect tea on the table when you get back. :)
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit bored to be honest. The whole area is like a ghost town.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having a great day. Got up at noon, and I'm now sitting here having a ham sandwich and a glass of wine for lunch, while watching Top of the Pops. What's not to like? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    I've probably enjoyed this Christmas Day more than any other for a while. :)

Me too. I haven't been this relaxed for over two years. Merry Christmas.

People put too much pressure on themselves to have the perfect Christmas. The only perfect Christmas is one that you or you and your family want, not the t.v version.

Try and chill like A_Zombie said OP and change your day around. What do you fancy doing to make yourself feel a bit better?

* I did have fleeting thoughts about cooking my neighbours 23 hour barking dog though. :D
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny day here for me.
    Two of mine are abroad and one with her man today.
    I went back to bed for a sleep at 12.30.
    I am dressed now but I seriously considered staying in my DG.
    We are having a cooked roast meal soon, but not turkey.
    The table is set and looks the part, but to me it just seems like a Sunday.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,168
    Forum Member
    Nope I don't think I've felt so relaxed at Christmas for a long time. I'm sitting here enjoying the delicious smelling food cooking and wine! It's just the two of us so it's really peaceful.
  • Aurora04Aurora04 Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Christmas is just 'another day' to me

I have been at work from 7 till 2.

Chilling out now with a few well earned drinks.
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Nope I don't think I've felt so relaxed at Christmas for a long time. I'm sitting here enjoying the delicious smelling food cooking and wine! It's just the two of us so it's really peaceful.

The road's peaceful too, but would prefer it to be noisy, for then you know life is out there.
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Its just the fact that its sunny that's spoiling the atmosphere for me, I hate sunny weather at Christmas. Might be better soon as it grows darker.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's okay. I'm sort of at a stage where for me, Christmas is just another day. It's nice to have a great meal though and get some gifts, but meh! :D
  • paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not quite happened for me this year.Have had a couple of things on my mind recently which hasn't helped and as someone said,neither did the sunny weather.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I was having the best xmas for a few years, really enjoying it, but I just went to feed my bunny earier and he has passed away, so now we all feel horrible :(
  • gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me! It's only the parents and I today, so pretty quiet. I think next year I'll bugger off somewhere by myself and have a little holiday. You can't beat a bit of winter sun.