Creationism v. Exorcism

13»

Comments

• emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I think something got lost along the way. Danielle seemed to believe in a literal six days of creation, and that's not Catholic doctrine.

Creationism, the supposed alternative to evolution, also isn't Catholic doctrine.

However, I don't think it's Catholic doctrine that the universe wasn't created in 6 days either.
    That last few popes have made a point to comment on the bible working in concurrence with science, not contradicting it. Their philosophy is more along the lines of the big bang happened, and everything prior to that was God.

I don't see why anyone expects Danielle to up on the latest doctrinal intricacies anyway.
    If it's in the Bible, then it's good enough for her.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm thinking that "exorcism" means "cleansing" as I noted previously. If "exorcism" means "Linda Blair" however, then I'm guessing she uses some combination of cranberry juice and Tango.

I'm thinking "exorcism" means exorcism, strangely enough.

Earlier someone suggested "She was probably burning sage". If so, it would make a lot more sense to express that by saying "burning sage", rather than "exorcism".

Anyway, I'm now finding her a bit creepy. (More than a bit, really.)
  • ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Earlier someone suggested "She was probably burning sage". If so, it would make a lot more sense to express that by saying "burning sage", rather than "exorcism".

It's BB, they're all creepy!

I don't really know what it means for Jale to do an exorcism, but I wish she'd do one in the BB house! It's filled with demons!
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member

I suspect "exorcism" was dramatic license. As a new ager, cleaning negative energy would involve burning white sage. It probably would seem weird to her HMs but it's not creepy since it's simply based on the idea that the energy we produce can linger in a place. Even Simon Cowell had his home done, and he's not some Goth weirdo or pseudo-warlock.

It'd be strange if she actually did an exorcism in the religious sense, as in ridding demons or spirits. It's not a belief that normally goes with the other things shes mentioned. Unless she believes in stuff like witchcraft. Exorcism would be more Danielle's bag.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm bumping this to gently counter the argument abounding on here this morning that Ashleigh supporters have 'turned' on Jale all of a sudden. I've had my doubts this long time; this thread is two weeks old.
  • ScienceofSaskiaScienceofSaskia Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to turn on Jale as the days go by.

Her sussing out Winston's spirit guide was hilarious, but like many self proclaimed psychics (Mary BB6) there is an arrogance about Jale, and i think a weakness. Peace and love is all well and good, but why is she sucking up to a demon from the dark side of the spirit plane, ie. Helen Wood?

Oddly enough, Danielle is actually quite likable...if you ignore the homophobia and internalized Catholic misogyny.
  • rovermacrovermac Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to turn on Jale as the days go by.

Her sussing out Winston's spirit guide was hilarious, but like many self proclaimed psychics (Mary BB6) there is an arrogance about Jale, and i think a weakness. Peace and love is all well and good, but why is she sucking up to a demon from the dark side of the spirit plane, ie. Helen Wood?

Oddly enough, Danielle is actually quite likable...if you ignore the homophobia and internalized Catholic misogyny.

She has it going on like donkey kong